PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360- 4GB or 250GB???

Darin Jordan
11-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Hey Gang... Looking to get my son an Xbox 360 for Christmas. Not really interested in getting the Kinect sensor system just yet, but we might eventually.

Just wondering WHY I would need the 250GB hard-drive version over the 4GB version? What is all that memory used for and is it recommended??

Thanks,

NativePaul
11-27-2010, 11:50 PM
You install games on it which makes loading times much quicker, its much quieter in use with installed games as its not spinning the DVD all the time and at least onmy flat mates the DVD drive is NOISY, game saves go on it of course but they are tiny the 4GB would probably last you forever if you only put game saves on it, and Xboxes are not known for being the most reliable bits of kit so the less you use the DVD drive the better, there is also a fair amount of downloadable content on Xbox live patches, updates, maps and expansions for games, downloadable games bought for microsoft points, free demos of upcoming games, and you can also rent HD movies if thats your thing, all of the above needs hard drive space though.

I would have though that an Xbox with 4gb HDD or flash space as it probably is would be a barely functional hunk of junk.

JimClark
11-27-2010, 11:52 PM
A lot of the games run a lot better if you copy them to the hard drive. Also if you have a network connection to the xbox you can stream movies and also stream from a windows 7 (maybe older op systems) to the tv thru the XBox as well as netflix

hyrulejedi86
11-28-2010, 01:44 PM
+1 on th 250gb. I have the 120 elite and I have used maybe half but like the others said it was from downloading games to the HDD as well as the updates and stuff like that.