PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday isn't JUST for the Ladies...

Darin Jordan
11-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Well... while my wife was out of the house on Black Friday, leaving around 4AM, I had a casual breakfast out with the kids, and then we went scouring the thrift stores in the area!! EVERYTHING in the stores was 50% off the already low prices... Found a few things for the kids (brand new PSP NBA BBall game for $7.50!, etc...) and then came across this rolling kitchen butcher-block table. Picked it up for $25.00, and put it to MUCH better use! I LOVE shopping at thrift stores!!

Everything is bolted down, and I just need to pick up a power strip so I can neatly run all the plugs. Pretty sweet having all this equipment accessible, and portable to boot! Really freed up some space in the garage too. Room now to get my 30's vintage Atlas lathe restored and operational!!

AndyKunz
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
You almost got yourself a free-standing drill press there now! Doesn't that make the table a little top-heavy?

Looks pretty good!

Andy

dana
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Well... while my wife was out of the house on Black Friday, leaving around 4AM, I had a casual breakfast out with the kids, and then we went scouring the thrift stores in the area!! EVERYTHING in the stores was 50% off the already low prices... Found a few things for the kids (brand new PSP NBA BBall game for $7.50!, etc...) and then came across this rolling kitchen butcher-block table. Picked it up for $25.00, and put it to MUCH better use! I LOVE shopping at thrift stores!!

Everything is bolted down, and I just need to pick up a power strip so I can neatly run all the plugs. Pretty sweet having all this equipment accessible, and portable to boot! Really freed up some space in the garage too. Room now to get my 30's vintage Atlas lathe restored and operational!!

haha, my uncle Ricky LOVES thrift stores and flea markets. it's pretty much his passion. he gets alot of great things at them though lol. ive tried, i just dont have the patience to rummage thru everything to find the gems. ch33rs:beerchug:

Ub Hauled
11-28-2010, 12:59 AM
great finding man! Good idea! I dunno why people say you have no imagination.. LOL
just kidding man, I think you are an innovative handyman.