PDA

View Full Version : SV27 Nitro

ice329
04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
First time I am seeing the vid. Thought I would post it.

http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/aqu/aqub22-deluxe.mpg

lferguson
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
One word....ULGH

SJFE
04-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Ehh...mins faster and looks better. Doesent stink either:p

avengersteve
04-17-2007, 08:49 PM
there is something about an open hull on a boat the spells disaster to me.. but i like the stock decals better thats about it

ice329
04-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I saw the holes in the back of the cowl?. Better become a real good driver. It does look pretty fast though. The pull start is cool to.

It would be interesting seeing a electric and a nitro going at it. I dont know who I would put my money on.

SJFE
04-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Me if i'm drivin....It aint always the boat;)

avengersteve
04-18-2007, 12:01 AM
lol its never the boat it who wants it more... i may have to pick one up and do some comparisons. im sure stock to stock electric would win... but there are more ways to upgrade the stock nitro motors that there are electric..... either way if it flips your ruiend no mor motor for you esp. with an open carb like that

ron Olson
04-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, newbie here (again). I got a SV 27 N last week at the Toledo show before they were released to the public. It was in the water yesterday for the first time.
I'll try to answer some of the questioned asked here.
I ran mine with an Octura X-637/3 and found out later that Jerry Dunlap also had his out yesterday and was spinning a modded X-440/3 pitched up.
I've got a video uploaded, albeit a lousy one that my son shot but hope to have a better one done soon. It's over in the RC Flix site.
I ran it "topless", not me, the boat, without the hatch on and didn't getr any water inside. The boat did seem to have a Crackerbox hop to it that I'll work on getting that out with some fine tuning.
At the Fun Run in a month I've got a guy bringing up a BL version so we're going to shoot a head-to-head video just so you can see the comparisons.
I removed the left turn fin ans it appears like the boat doesn't need it as it turned very well to the left without it.
Which will be faster? Stay tuned.

jallen355
04-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Ron, is the left side turn fin sharpened on the opposite side? Those of us who have opted to instll the left side fin have had to settle for a right sider that is sharpened on the wrong side...at least if you stick with the oem piece.

jallen355
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Haha! Jr. member... I like that!

avengersteve
04-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Ron, is the left side turn fin sharpened on the opposite side? Those of us who have opted to instll the left side fin have had to settle for a right sider that is sharpened on the wrong side...at least if you stick with the oem piece.

yeas it is..