PDA

View Full Version : OffShore BigAir

SJFE
12-01-2007, 08:45 AM
I thought this clip was just great.
Jump (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqhhycFyv0A)

Steven Vaccaro
12-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Great video!

I once hit a giant roller that came out of no where when crossing the mouth of Boston Harbor. It sent me so high the 3 of us in my little 24' boat almost crapped ourselves! After that we proceeded to feel daring and raced a old cig boat. Lets just say that 70 in a 24' boat didn't cut it against twin blown big blocks. I still remember that black old boat pulling away from me like I was standing still. But those are the days of of little worries and no children to worry about caring for.

SJFE
12-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Good times man. It brings back memorys of haning out with my exbrother in law. He had a 24 Formula center console. I ran it a couple time outside in 3 to 4 foot chop. The knuckels do get white :D. He only had to yell @ me once:tongue_smilie:. We where running one of my back bay creeks one night on a full moon high tide. I dropped the gps and we blew a turn @ about 35 mph and plowed into the marsh (black muck stuff) about 30 feet. So we call the coasties for a tow. They say put out the achor and put on your live vests. Joe replys" we are in a 6000 pound vessile hard aground...I think we can do without that stuff....LOL Fun night. I got us out of the tickets..like always...:doh:

Steven Vaccaro
12-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol, the funniest thing I have ever seen on the water was a 300 pound plus biker hog tied up against the front of the marine patrols center console during bike week in New Hampshire. They were parading him around like a trophy. needless to say they almost started a riot. He must have really pissed those guys off.

Avanti
12-01-2007, 10:01 AM
great video makes me wish I could afford to put fuel in my boat

SJFE
12-01-2007, 10:40 AM
True that Avanit. I used to burn 15 to 20 bucks worth a night in my JON BOAT 7 years ago. Would cost me triple that now to power a 12 foot 25hp boat!!!

Avanti
12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
my boat has twin 250 merc's that's why it just sits it the driveway :(

Steven Vaccaro
12-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I go by the thinking that the less you use something the more you will enjoy it when you actually do get to take it out. That said, I do alot of sitting on my boat. Hanging out in the middle of the lake. The kids love jumping off, fishing and most of all playing with rc boats.

Eyekandyboats
12-01-2007, 02:10 PM
That video was great!
I can relate to those guys, One year we were running a poker run and it was the most craziest day out. thundershowers, then sun, then wind and it was just crazy.
We were running about 135 in the cat and then come across HUGE rollers, large enough that once we were in the valley of a wave you could not see out of it.
any way we didn't think it was that large so we didn't slow down. Little did we know. . . we hit the peak and the whole boat is out of the water , all you hear is the engines winding out and it felt like forever, Then it comes down bow first and keeps going throw the wave. Water fully engufled the boat, then pooped back out the other side of the wave, three big rollers out of know where!.
very scary , yet totally awesome

BTW jumping waves like that is extremely stress full to many boats , I don't advise you doing it with your pleasure craft!

SJFE
12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I second that. Most boats will show stress cracks after only a few launches!!!

Jeepers
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
BTW jumping waves like that is extremely stress full to many boats ,

Not only stressfull to the boat but your body as well!!

SJFE
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't fot get your beer!! Many a frosty brew has been bounced outa drink holders..Wait I mean soda..yeah yeah thats the ticket:wink:

Eyekandyboats
12-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm lucky because we have a shocked floor which means the floor of the cockpit on the skater is suspended on rubber pads there for it isn't that bad,
But on a larger boat it is quite a smooth ride. Bumpy but quite smoth

Ocean Racer
12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Me and my dad like to race guys when were headn in to dock from fishing in the Pacific. We have a 24' skipjack with a V8 350hp volvo:buttrock: man we blow buy guys with these brand new 50k + boats. they look so stunned:censored: