PDA

View Full Version : Balance adaptor ?

tiqueman
11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I picked up a Turnigy balance adapter #S to 6S. I used it for he first time this am, 2-3S packs, seriesed together for 6S charging. I first charged 2 3S 5000mah 30C batts w/ no issues at all. I unhooked it and began hooking up my better set of 5800mah 40C packs. When I went to plug the second 3S balance plug into the board, there was a "pop" with sparks and smoke. I double checked everything to see if I did something wrong.. nothing I could see... I disconnected the - to + connection for the series hook up from batt to batt and pluged in the balance adapter, everything went together fine. I plugged the + to - back together and we had fire. Huge pop, burnt my thumb, and destoyed 2 5.5 bullets. I took it all apart, cut the shrink wrap off the new balance adapter and checked every connection w/ a multimeter to see if something had crossed. Everything checks out fine. I checked the balance ports on the batteries. Both checked out fine. I plugged each battery into the charger seperately.. everything was fine. Any ideas?????

tiqueman
11-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Would it have anything to do w/ Turnigy vs Flightmax? I dont see why it would, but is somethign inside wired differently in the balance plugs? It says its compatible.. what am I missing?

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10993

Also, I didnt use the power lead coming off the adapter. As I said, it worked fine on the first go around. Should I be using it instead of the charge leads that come out of the charger?

tiqueman
11-21-2010, 02:06 PM
ORRRR, reading the discussion board about the adapter, do I not hook up the 10ga wires from the batts to anything and just charge thur the balance ports?