PDA

View Full Version : Ever get the "wife slap"?

FighterCat57
11-19-2010, 05:23 PM
You know, the one about being a grown man playing with "toys". Mine's typically supportive, but with the new boats and all the $$ going out, went off on a tirade the likes of which I've never seen before. :bash:

I need a ladder to climb up on paper today...

egneg
11-19-2010, 05:56 PM
And they wonder why we are always in the work shop.:blah: :sorry:

hazegry
11-19-2010, 06:21 PM
mine just tried to take my work shop over again pisses me off. gonna be putting in more storage crap to make sure I keep the invasion at bay. You dont need the WHOLE room yadda yadda. I am going to have to start chucking her crap she never uses where did what go honey lol

andym
11-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Had a wife, preferred the boats !! Need I say more. Oh and by the way boats ARE cheaper than wives.

johnmaclean
11-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry, guys. . . gotta disagree. . . No way would I trade my bride for any of my boats. . . as much as I enjoy them. This is only a hobby and they are only things. . . She is my inspiration . . . my best friend . . . my soul mate. . . my desire. She is intelliegent, generous and as beautiful as the day is long. And as a bonus she gets a real kick out of watching me pursue my hobbies and that makes me the luckiest guy on the planet.:rockon2:

FighterCat57
11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Mines an especially hard hitter, since... well... She works and I don't.
She's actually the one financing my endeavors and even in the face of the slap down, I still have to remain grateful for the opportunity to play a little...

So after I've spent dozens of hours figuring out a solution to a wiring problem or fixing something in the garage... My reward might be getting in trouble for not keeping the house clean.

Makes my head spin sometimes...

nomobux
11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
My wife always settles down if I let her take the 32 out and shift squawk the tires. Works every time. :w00t:

befu
11-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry, guys. . . gotta disagree. . . No way would I trade my bride for any of my boats. . . as much as I enjoy them. This is only a hobby and they are only things. . . She is my inspiration . . . my best friend . . . my soul mate. . . my desire. She is intelliegent, generous and as beautiful as the day is long. And as a bonus she gets a real kick out of watching me pursue my hobbies and that makes me the luckiest guy on the planet.:rockon2:

She was standing right behind you, wasn't she! :just-kidding:

Actually I agree with you, my wife is fantastic also. Brian

johnmaclean
11-19-2010, 08:58 PM
:bounce: LOL. . . Nope. . . . maybe like your wife my bride just makes it real easy to brag on her.:thumbup1:

FighterCat57
11-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slammin on the woman. Just sayin... OUCH. My head hurts.

She's actually quite wonderful and treats me well. Just her opinion of the RC stuff is quite low. Says it's a waste of my time and talents.

johnmaclean
11-19-2010, 09:14 PM
I guess that's the beautiful thing about great relationships. . . we can love on each other while holding different opinions on a subject or activitiy.

In my case. . .the hobby keeps me sharp in my trade as an industrial maintenance electrician. . . . and I love tinkering and figuring out how things work. But i do know from experience that any strenght taken to an extreme becomes a weakness or liability.

johnmaclean
11-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slammin on the woman. Just sayin... OUCH. My head hurts.

She's actually quite wonderful and treats me well. Just her opinion of the RC stuff is quite low. Says it's a waste of my time and talents.

FighterCat57, sounds like your wife appreciates your potential. From where I sit, any guy who can design and market a hull has got a lot going for him. :Peace_Sign:

FighterCat57
11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
FighterCat57, sounds like your wife appreciates your potential. From where I sit, any guy who can design and market a hull has got a lot going for him. :Peace_Sign:

Oh yeah. She's right. That's what hurts. Also why I love her. :huh:

FighterCat57
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
The big kicker of today... a long time buddy who I used to ride with when I was racing has been doing my vinyl. When he found out the decals were for model boats, he told me it would be best for both of us if I have someone else do them. Ouch. This is with an outstanding order too.

johnf
11-20-2010, 12:00 AM
What a *!***!***!***!**ty move.

wparsons
11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
The big kicker of today... a long time buddy who I used to ride with when I was racing has been doing my vinyl. When he found out the decals were for model boats, he told me it would be best for both of us if I have someone else do them. Ouch. This is with an outstanding order too.

His wife is friends with your wife, isn't she?

FighterCat57
11-20-2010, 10:35 AM
His wife is friends with your wife, isn't she?

LMAO, no, but that's funny. :lol:

hazegry
11-20-2010, 11:23 AM
cant complain to much my wife just bought me another shop light and outlet strip both aluminum diamond plate so the match my other 2. I think she likes her new shelving.

Ub Hauled
11-21-2010, 01:25 AM

Says the man as the wife was watching over his shoulder...

She was standing right behind you, wasn't she! :just-kidding:

OH!? Someone made a funny remark already?! Oh well... ;)

Give John a break, she's a bride still... once she becomes a wife he may have a different opinion... I hope not though.
Before I got married my married friends use to tell me how things change after the papers are signed, I told them the same things that John said about his 1st Lady,
today things are different, not necessarily bad, but different and I think that's what Fightercat was referring to... I too sometimes need a ladder to climb a paper sheet... comes with the territory.
And that's why I keep ALL my stuff in the garage (my man cave), out of sight. :thumbup1:

hazegry
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
yeah just married dont count lol j/k mine is great just would prefer that I didnt like rc stuff so much. I need to make her a rc duck and get her hooked lol

ron1950
11-21-2010, 01:06 PM
no wife.....no job....no money......case closed lol

wparsons
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah just married dont count lol j/k mine is great just would prefer that I didnt like rc stuff so much. I need to make her a rc duck and get her hooked lol

ProBoat has you covered on that one...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3650

Flying Scotsman
11-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Boats are great, if the loved one gets on your case, just mention SHOES....she will go back to the kitchen and make a boring ready made meal.

Douggie