PDA

View Full Version : mean machine build

toddilgen
11-29-2007, 09:30 PM
well i just got my mean machine hull today. need help on building it. first off, what type of paint should this thing be painted with? second what type of strut should i use? a round bottom? a flat boottom? or a skeg? where do i drill the hole for the stuffing tube through the hull? should i use speedmaster hardware? what type of rudder? help me guys, never built a fast electric from scratch before this is my first complete build. and i want to do it right!:buttrock:

Rex R
11-30-2007, 01:09 AM
in no particular order. almost any decent paint should work if, 1) wash the boat in hot soapy water(inside and out), this will help remove any oils/mold release left on the hull 2) lightly sand the hull(all the parts you want to paint) w/ 400 grit to 'break the glaze'(note steven has a very nice tutorial on painting listed under 'tips and info')
you should also wipe down the inside of the hull(in the areas that will have things glued down) w/ acetone.
hwd
couple of good build threads for hwd suggestions...the speedmaster 21 stuff seems to be the ticket.