PDA

View Full Version : Fun weekend videos

tomstoys2
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
I got to take my 16ft Glastron Carlson out on Sat for a final spin. 65 and sunny in mid Nov. is almost unheard of in upstate NY. This is a cool little video. I was one of 2 other boats on the lake. I decided to put the Carlson up for sale as I don't really need two full size boats. Of course I took my HOTR Cat with me and did a few laps with her. I would have gotten videos the the Cat run but I was by myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1fQaQvLVy4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Yesterday my daughter wanted to go run boats so I got her to take a video for me. Not as nice of a day as Sat. I wanted to test out an x642 with my stock BJ motor. X440/3 is still the fastest on 4s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3LAsEGus-Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

:rockon2:

tiqueman
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Looks like a very clean Glastron. Very nice. Nice vids too!

Jacked1
11-24-2010, 12:03 AM
I love that boat! My dad almost bought one a few years back but didn't even with my encouragement. :( My bro had a century coronado that looked like he just brought it home from the showroom.

Karfrik
11-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Nice looking vintage Glastron you got there.Is that its original finish? those gauges also look like new!!!....may we know your asking price?.....just for drooling......thanks,Al

tomstoys2
11-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks Al,
Yes all original. Previous owner replaced the floor and rebuilt the transom. The boat is very original. That little 4 cy Volvo sips gas but only tops out in mid 30's. A fun little boat but not a lot of room inside. A lot of bow. Handles great for a 16 ft boat. Unfortunetly I don't want to pay to have it stored and don't really need 2 boats. I just couldn't resist buying and at least I can say I owned one for a while. Sad to say I just sold it for $2,300.00. Someone got a steal! I'm going to replace it when I find a nice Carlson CV-23 someday. The kids say we need a bigger boat!
Tom

Karfrik
11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
$2300!!???...wow thats what i call a deal!!!..wished you were here close to TX....

tomstoys2
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Tell me about it!!!! And I didn't even loose any money on the deal, made a few $. I found it over the summer and couldn't pass it up even though I didn't really need it. I'm sure I would have done a little better in the spring but I needed to store it inside and have it winterized so that would set me back $300+. Things are already freezing up here.

JMSCARD
11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Tell me about it!!!! And I didn't even loose any money on the deal, made a few $. I found it over the summer and couldn't pass it up even though I didn't really need it. I'm sure I would have done a little better in the spring but I needed to store it inside and have it winterized so that would set me back $300+. Things are already freezing up here.

Tom how close to the Vermont Border are you? My best buddy and I are on Lake Champlain alot on his Fountain.... we hit "Naked Turtle" and downtown Plattsburgh NY alot as our buddy (the guy you see in pic) owns the bar "therapy" in downtown plattsburgh.... boy we have fun on that boat:zip-up:

tomstoys2
11-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I live outside of Rochester Jim, western NY. I spend most of the summer on the St. Lawrence river on the Canadian border, a couple hours from you. I might have to come visit you guys next summer. I heard there is some type of Lock Ness Monster on that lake.

JMSCARD
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I live outside of Rochester Jim, western NY. I spend most of the summer on the St. Lawrence river on the Canadian border, a couple hours from you. I might have to come visit you guys next summer. I heard there is some type of Lock Ness Monster on that lake.

yes sir... "Champ" they call him.... we most often see him after a cocktails... go figure..:laugh:

antslake
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Awesome Glastron, always loved them.