PDA

View Full Version : LiPo Storage ....

LiPo Power
11-13-2010, 09:56 AM
...so if my charger has STORAGE option for LiPos, should I use my lipos and than on empty use this function to put them away or do it when they are fully charged?:confused1:
Robert

BHChieftain
11-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I use a hyperion duo, and it will "store" either way-- if the lipos are empty they will charge them up to the store level, or if they are full it will discharge them down. If you are using a different charger check to see if it has a "discharge" function--

Chief

kookie_guy
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM
I use a hyperion duo, and it will "store" either way-- if the lipos are empty they will charge them up to the store level, or if they are full it will discharge them down. If you are using a different charger check to see if it has a "discharge" function--

Chief

agreed. Also using a hyperion DUO. Mine is the original one, so the discharge circuit is weak. Take a LONG time to bring it down to storage capacity. So for that reason, and that reason only, I have a few automotive lights and brushed motors wired together in parallel. I hook up my lipo one at a time, with a lipo monitor to be safe, and let them run down for a while. Then charge them up to storage.

On the new hyperion DUO, I'd just use the built in discharge circuit as it's much better.