PDA

View Full Version : Search nazi

Avanti
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM
What make people be so ignorant that they feel the need to yell SEARCH at people instead of helping them.

If it is to save bandwith and keep the site neat.

Then why do they post useless post after useless post, crying SEARCH

just don't post anything if that is the way you feel

:rant off:

Rex R
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
a reason; prolly folks who have not (yet) taken time to read the manual. I'll grant you that some of that info could be collected into one post and stickied...but from what I've seen even that doesn't stop some of the basic questions(though it does reduce the volume).

Fluid
11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
If someone does not know the answer to your question - do you want them to make up an answer, or to recommend a place where you can find your answer? Usually a search uncovers far more information than a single reply to a question does.

Insulting folks in public is no way to solicit help.
To me it seems that the ignorant person is the one asking the question....:doh:

Eyekandyboats
11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I believe that if the topic has been popular and been covered many times that the person should do a search before they post.
Think of it this way a thread that has already developed, will have corrections made.
Say i say something wrong it will get corrected and so on.
but if you you post a new post about a problem that has already taken place then you will get a reply and it could be wrong and another person may not reply so say otherwise.
If the topic has been beaten to death ( sv27) then i believe before you post do a search. Nothing bad can happen to it. You may learn more by reading different articals as well.

Avanti
11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
I personally alway search and lurk around before posting (this thead is not about me personally I just have seen a lot of people get hit with the search stick)

We are here to help one another. giving someone a link is cool unless it is to a thread that is over 100 pages filled mostly with useless junk. It is better when the info is spread out with a proper titles to make the search function more useful.

I'm not trying to be a dick I just wondered why people do that to other people who are trying to learn. If anything we should be yelling at newbs for not using proper titles on threads.

This board is slower and less traveled than other boards, people should be civil to others so they will come back and maybe tell a friend. That is how a board gets bigger and faster, so it can attract sponsers and make money, to buy better features for the users.

That is all.

JL

btw, this seems to happen on all message boards I'm not trying to single this one out by anymeans.

RCprince
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Ignorance is simply not knowing, :ie a Newbie, novice, new jack, amateur, young buck, someone who hasn't had time to grow into the know.

Now STUPIDITY is someone who has the means and wherewithal to find out the info, But is plan ole' lazy...With the advent of the internet and google there is NOOOOOOO reason for so many mentally challenged people today, in china maybe But not America.

Momma always said " Those who think they know it all is damn annoying to those who do" and so whenever I ask a question, I ask a question because I truly don't know ( don't talk with you mouth full, if your eating, eat and fill your belly with the knowledge, like Judge Judy says " Shut up".

I love this Board it's a buffet of all the food I like to eat a lean feast not to much fat.

See what you started Avanti

Avanti
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
This is good stuff I like to see why some people do the things they do. Great post RCprince

SJFE
11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
I like to see why some people do the things they do.
(To get off subject for a sec.) Really?? I shutter to think about that. Knowing what someone is thinking and their motives is not always amusing. It can be down right scary some times....lol