PDA

View Full Version : new SuperVee Owner need little advice

x2beach
11-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I just received mine last night from Tower. I didnt have and 2cell lipos so I installed a 4 cell 5000 25c Lipo I installed it in the middle of the boat. and wow Does it run very very good. Ive been reading and not sure what Prop to get and where can I get a better prop?

Does anyone have and pics of what the did to seal it so no water get inside anymore?

thanks!

Avanti
11-27-2007, 07:28 AM
remove all the hardware off the tromsom and make the adjustments needed then reinstall using silicone, this should fix any would be leaks. Start out with a grimracer 42x55 2 blade prop, the boat will come up on plane faster and run well. Search around the boards and you will find a lot of good advice.

x2beach
11-27-2007, 07:38 AM
I just order a new prop from the supervee page on this site and the better cooling jacket.

when you say reinstall using silicone do you have any pics? I am a newb to boats

thanks

ice329
11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
The prop steve has on the superV page is really to much. A CF45 is a better choice, a X642 is a very good choice also. There are many posts on how to get your boat ready for the water. G/L

Avanti
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
You really can't see anything different in the pic, but I will send it to you if you want it, PM me.

Before replacing your hardware on the boat put a thin coat of clear silicone on the part that will come in contacted with the transom also a little on the screw threads that will be in the hole. Take your time and clean up after each part is replaced and you will have a neat leak free boat.

x2beach
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
What is the Transcom? I am sorry for the newb questions

Avanti
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Front of boat = bow
Back or boat = stern
the very back of the boat where all the hardware is mounted is the transom
left = port
right = starboard
the ribs on the bottom of the boat are called lifting strakes
the outsides of the bottom are called chines

that should do it

Bill-SOCAL
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Some refinements from my days in the Navy

Bow = Pointy end
Stern = Wide flat end
Transom = the cliff at the stern of the boat
port and starboard are relative to facing towards the pointy end

ice329
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Front, back, left side, right side, top, and bottom. Makes it easy to.

Bill-SOCAL
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
We used to say "pointy end" and "wide end" along with "upstairs" & "downstairs" to annoy the lifers when I was in the Navy!!

Avanti
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
that's funny

Some refinements from my days in the Navy

Bow = Pointy end
Stern = Wide flat end
Transom = the cliff at the stern of the boat
port and starboard are relative to facing towards the pointy end