PDA

View Full Version : New to AQ Boats

G-UNIT
11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
It looks like my wife might get me another boat and I'm looking at the ul-1 or the pro boat elam, any comments on these two boats.
I kind of like the ul-1 and it's features, but I would like some feed back.
Thanks on any info you could give me
Can you run 6s in this boat if you change the esc

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
It looks like my wife might get me another boat and I'm looking at the ul-1 or the pro boat elam, any comments on these two boats.
I kind of like the ul-1 and it's features, but I would like some feed back.
Thanks on any info you could give me
Can you run 6s in this boat if you change the esc

UL is a awesome boat, with a change of prop and stock power you can get into the 50s with a grim l40x57 prop and some strut adjusment. This boat SHOULD NOT be ran on 6s! Stick to 4s with this boat and you will be happy. My wife purchased me my ul1 for christmas last year. This boat has a awesome motor/esc and the tactic radio is awesome as well.

xxxrems38xxx
11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
this boat is aesthetically beautiful! I 'have one that I just received and I have a question about the controller! I already changed by 5.5 mm connectors but I find that very thin wires only 14 awg! I 'm afraid that this to hot with my Lipos 5800mAh!

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
this boat is aesthetically beautiful! I 'have one that I just received and I have a question about the controller! I already changed by 5.5 mm connectors but I find that very thin wires only 14 awg! I 'm afraid that this to hot with my Lipos 5800mAh!

The wires will be fine, it doesn't matter that you 5800mah lipo's. UL power runs nice and cool.

xxxrems38xxx
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I say this because I have had a bad experience with the 45 amp controller proboat and yet I was a in 4s with the proper adjustment

Brushless01
11-03-2010, 03:44 PM
How about a proboat miss Geico.

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I say this because I have had a bad experience with the 45 amp controller proboat and yet I was a in 4s with the proper adjustment

Where you using the stock 3.5mm bullets or 5.5mm?

G-UNIT
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow most replies I had in such a short time, I believe this will be my next boat.
so you say 50 with the right prop, wow, I'm still having issues with my bj on 6s only hitting 45but the boat is alittle heavy at 4.44lbs.

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow most replies I had in such a short time, I believe this will be my next boat.
so you say 50 with the right prop, wow, I'm still having issues with my bj on 6s only hitting 45but the boat is alittle heavy at 4.44lbs.

Yup, just read all the information on that boat in the UL section. I think I had my strut a little over 1" in depth (I forget the exact measurement) with a L40x57 prop that chuck did for me and it was low 50s.

What prop you using on that BJ, on 6s you should be faster then that. Not sure how much a stock BJ weights. You may need to bump up to a bigger motor. Like a leopard 4074 1774 on that BJ for the weight. I ran 47 on 5s with a x642 in a MG. Check my vids...

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 05:28 PM
How about a proboat miss Geico.

Man do I LOVE MY MG!!!

dana
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
my vote is ul-1. although it doesnt have the "scale" looks the elam has...it will kill it in performace. the stock motor esc is a great setup and can do 50+ with a prop change. its also very watertight unlike the elam which seems to sink rather quickly after turning over ( i should know i swam after my old one several times) .... the ul-1 can sit there all day while i lazily fish for it. comes with better radio system too, no antenna. also comes ready for lipo's, no programming card needed

johnf
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Man do I LOVE MY MG!!!

+1. What a fun boat!

xxxrems38xxx
11-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Where you using the stock 3.5mm bullets or 5.5mm?

nodiesel I have used the deans of origin with 2s lipos 2x 4000mAh 40c turnigy and they literally melted and burned my cables and my controller on my Fastech! I always look for how this could happen! And since I actually use on my blackjack 26 and my Fastech the controller 180A turnigy with 5,5mm connector! And that is why I am wondering if the controller 60A aquacraft was strong enough compared to the cables that he has!

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
nodiesel I have used the deans of origin with 2s lipos 2x 4000mAh 40c turnigy and they literally melted and burned my cables and my controller on my Fastech! I always look for how this could happen! And since I actually use on my blackjack 26 and my Fastech the controller 180A turnigy with 5,5mm connector! And that is why I am wondering if the controller 60A aquacraft was strong enough compared to the cables that he has!

You sovled your problem. The gauge wire is not the issue with that boat, it's the deans plugs and also the 3.5mm motor/esc connectors. When you guys get your boats you should change those deans plugs over asap, those plugs will cause you problems, they can't handle the amp load and melt!!!

I'm also talking about the 3 connectors that connect the motor to the esc. Did you change those? The stock 3.5mm bullets can't handle the heat and de-solder causing issues. When I get a new RTR boat, before it hits the water I get rid of those deans plugs ASAP and i change the 3 motor / esc connectors all over to 5.5mm bullets. The stock ul wires handle the heat with no issue! It's the cheap 3.5mm bullets which led to problems and the deans connectors SUCK, I would not use those! Also what prop where you using?

xxxrems38xxx
11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I think you're absolutely right because the connectors were the original on the engine of Fastech and I have had to change because they had also melted! apart from the deans of origins of the ul-1 as I will change by precaution by 5.5 mm connectors, do you think I'm changing the engine? (even if you tell me that everything is ok in regards to this boat)

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I think you're absolutely right because the connectors were the original on the engine of Fastech and I have had to change because they had also melted! apart from the deans of origins of the ul-1 as I will change by precaution by 5.5 mm connectors, do you think I'm changing the engine? (even if you tell me that everything is ok in regards to this boat)

Not sure I fully understand this part, but I will give a try to what I think your asking. Yes I think you should change the connectors on the motor. I change EVERY PLUG on the motor and esc's to 5.5mm not just the power plugs on the esc the 3 motor / esc connectors as well get changed. Do I think you should change the motor itself no, the stock motor is awesome. Besides the the change of plugs over to bullets connectors and changing the prop everything else should remain stock. JMO, that goes for the ul1 and the fastech.

xxxrems38xxx
11-03-2010, 06:55 PM
ok! I will change all the connectors to be quiet and I'm not going to change the set up, I have just received the same time as the propeller 3 blades grimracer 40/57, because the speed change anything only with the latter! thank you so much for your advice Diesel @ + + +

Diesel6401
11-03-2010, 07:14 PM
ok! I will change all the connectors to be quiet and I'm not going to change the set up, I have just received the same time as the propeller 3 blades grimracer 40/57, because the speed change anything only with the latter! thank you so much for your advice Diesel @ + + +

With that propeller make sure you sharpen and balance it. Even though the box says they some close, they still require attention. Failing to do so can result in damage to drive system. You are also going to want to adjust the strut depth to a little over 1 inch in depth. With that prop the boat maybe slow to plane and it may submarine more then the stock prop does, but once on plane hold one cause it's a rocket. Another tip for the ul1 is the move the steering rod up a few holes on the servo arm, this will allow for tighter turning. You can few my video by clicking the link in my signature. Note that the video is with a different motor.

xxxrems38xxx
11-04-2010, 02:40 AM
I have bought a balanced grim on this site! and for transmitting the setting must be positive or negative?

G-UNIT
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
To answer what prop on the bj, I am running a x642 all worked but I now have an x640 that I;m working on to see if I can get more speed, to see my set up goto the bj site.
I can't wait till x-mas for my new boat, UL-1

Diesel6401
11-04-2010, 03:38 PM
To answer what prop on the bj, I am running a x642 all worked but I now have an x640 that I;m working on to see if I can get more speed, to see my set up goto the bj site.
I can't wait till x-mas for my new boat, UL-1

I bet a m445 on your BJ motor would run really nice. What I do is I have a range of the CF props from CF40 all the way to the CF48, I find a diameter I like and get a metal prop in the diameter. I would try a CF45 if I was you on the BJ. JMO of course, run for a few minutes then check temps.

G-UNIT
11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe you have the right idea, get cheep props till you find the right ones then go metal,
but,but,but sharpening, balancing, detounging ,cupping ect is soooo much fun:just-kidding::sarcasm1: