PDA

View Full Version : hyperion G3-EX 5000 mah 45/90c 6s packs.. voltage seems off.

tborisch
10-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Guys, just received 10 of these packs from sailr here on the forum.

I was going thru all of the packs last night, and when hooked to a Hyperion Sentry, using the supplied y adapter, every single one showed cell # 3 at 2.5v or less. Seems like a big problem. Any idea why? Every other cell is within .03v of being at perfect storage voltage.

I haven't connected the two short leads yet, but it wouldn't seem that it would matter... they are still just like they came from Hyperion.

Any ideas?

Tom

JMSCARD
10-30-2010, 12:58 PM
This sounds scary... I was just considering making a large order of these batts too... was gonna make a big switch..... may reconsider now.... I am gonna follow this thread close to see what the outcome is......

johnf
10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd verify that on a charger, or with a volt meter. Seems more likely whatever you are taking the measurements with has an issue.

tborisch
10-30-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd verify that on a charger, or with a volt meter. Seems more likely whatever you are taking the measurements with has an issue.

Just plugged them into my hyperion charger with built in balancer. Every single pack says all cells are 3.84v except for cell 3, the charger shows 0 volts on all 10 packs for cell 3.

So, it would seem that even spending 2 grand for quality will keep you safe...

:cursing:

Tom

JMSCARD
10-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Just plugged them into my hyperion charger with built in balancer. Every single pack says all cells are 3.84v except for cell 3, the charger shows 0 volts on all 10 packs for cell 3.

So, it would seem that even spending 2 grand for quality will keep you safe...

:cursing:

Tom

Have you PM's Sailr on this yet?

tborisch
10-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Have you PM's Sailr on this yet?

yeah, waiting to hear back......

johnf
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm sure they will get replaced if that's the issue.

tborisch
10-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Ok, Per Sailr's request, he suggested i balance charge the packs first. In order to do that, you need to solder the series leads together. I did that first, then rechecked them..

Guess what. That fixed it.

It seems that no matter how much research you do, and reading you do to try and figure something out, some things just aren't out there..

LOL.

Anyway, problem solved.

On a side not, this was in no way to be a reflection of SAILR or the transaction i had with him. He was great to deal with.

Thanks for the help guys...

TOm

JMSCARD
10-30-2010, 02:50 PM
yeh jim is great no question.... I am gonna have to get with him on pricing :)