PDA

View Full Version : Stiletto ESC cooling question

Diegoboy
10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Is it just mine, or is the ESC cooling plate, have a lot of resistance to pressure?

I took my ESC out to install 5.5mm bullets, then I attached one hose to the cooling and blew through the tube with a lot of difficulty. I tried it on the other nipple, and the same resistance in the other direction. so much resistance, that I see the silicone tube swell as the air passes through the ESC. Before I get questions about kinks in the line or another device attached, it is just the ESC and one hose. nothing else involved.
I'm sure glad I never ran it yet.
Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Darin Jordan
10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Is it just mine, or is the ESC cooling plate, have a lot of resistance to pressure?

I took my ESC out to install 5.5mm bullets, then I attached one hose to the cooling and blew through the tube with a lot of difficulty. I tried it on the other nipple, and the same resistance in the other direction. so much resistance, that I see the silicone tube swell as the air passes through the ESC. Before I get questions about links in the line or another device attached, it is just the ESC and one hose. nothing else involved.
I'm sure glad I never ran it yet.
Any ideas please?

Thanks!

I'll have to check mine tonight and compare it to the 45A ESCs...

Diegoboy
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Please do, thank you Darin

Doby
10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
You are not supposed to install 5.5mm bullets on the cooling lines!

Diegoboy
10-28-2010, 01:19 PM
:lol: I had to re-read my post!

ron1950
10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
my 45a in the mg seems to be very free as i blow the water out of it after i run it to stop the water from drooling out on the seats of the truck have to try the stiletto now......ok both are the same as far as i can tell....

JimClark
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I used one in my 1/10th scale and did not check it for flow but water came through just fine and everythign was plenty cool guess I should check the 45 and 60's i have also just for kicks.
Or you can just send it to me if you are too concerned