PDA

View Full Version : I"m back in action~

Steven Vaccaro
10-23-2010, 12:12 AM
A couple of weeks ago, when we had the sever problems at OSE, I started to experience some laptop problems. Funny thing is the day that the server issue was finally resolved, my pc crapped the bucket! It wasn’t my week for computers. :doh:

Well after two weeks of using my sons computer and emails with crappy webmail, I'm finally back in business with my shiny new Dell m6500. :buttrock:

Thanks for the folks at Dell for the great financing plan. Just my little part to trying to get the economy back in business. :thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
10-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Its not my month or is it?

I was working late last night and the carbon monoxide detector went off about 12:30am. After waiting a couple of hours for the natural gas company to show up, they narrowed it down to the furnace. So money wise its not my month for problems, but thankfully everyone is safe due to the co2 detector! So things are looking up!

Diegoboy
10-23-2010, 03:14 PM
wow Steven. Just keep in mind that whatever comes your way, you can handle with ease. I'm glad your family is safe.

Steven Vaccaro
10-23-2010, 03:19 PM
wow Steven. Just keep in mind that whatever comes your way, you can handle with ease. I'm glad your family is safe.

Thanks for the pat on the back. But I think my wife needs it more than me at this point. I have the easy part. I'm at work, while she's handling the calls and service people at the house.

Flying Scotsman
10-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Intersting stuff I got flooded out 3 weeks ago...sewer backup and that is why I may have been a bit testy of late...Have to leave my humble home for 2 weeks as a minimum as flooring etc. is ripped up.

Douggie

drwayne
10-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Steve, a faultless perfect life must be boring as heck !
It's the things you survive that forms the person you are today.

All's well that ends well :smile:

AndyKunz
10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
So, Steve, how's the car-thru-the-front-door saga going?

Andy

Steven Vaccaro
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
So, Steve, how's the car-thru-the-front-door saga going?

Andy

We still haven't settled with Travelers Insurance yet. But we are close. So we started working on it this past week.

FighterCat57
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, wasn't the week for computers! We had a HDD crash, monitor die and fans let loose a backroom server! All in the past few weeks here at home.

Glad ya got the site backup and good thing you have a CO2 detector!

Steven Vaccaro
10-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Its been one hell of a few weeks.

Today's issue.

I can not get into one of the safes at the store. This is a very high end jewelry vault, that will not open. Tough to sell things if we can't get them out of the safe. :crying:

Steven Vaccaro
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow, wasn't the week for computers! We had a HDD crash, monitor die and fans let loose a backroom server! All in the past few weeks here at home.

Glad ya got the site backup and good thing you have a CO2 detector!

Dam computers, cant live with them or without them lately.

Flying Scotsman
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Its been one hell of a few weeks.

Today's issue.

I can not get into one of the safes at the store. This is a very high end jewelry vault, that will not open. Tough to sell things if we can't get them out of the safe. :crying:

Just get the dude that smashed in your front door...give him 6 beers and some dynamite....sorry to hear about your problems but that is life as I found out and you found out with a flooded home, but you have had more than your fair share.

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Ok, hows this. I finance my life away for a killer Dell m6500 laptop with raid drives. First the second drive kicked the bucket. Now the mother board! Seems every computer I touch dies for some reason or another.

drwayne
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok, hows this. I finance my life away for a killer Dell m6500 laptop with raid drives. First the second drive kicked the bucket. Now the mother board! Seems every computer I touch dies for some reason or another.

Doesnt really matter what the computer costs .. backups are priceless

All corporate laptops we supply have 'onsite' wireless backup units .. you turn the laptop on inside 'home' base .. and everything is synchronously backed up.

Ive had new hard drives fail during installs...

Dell down here ( Au ) are ok, .. if you understand Hindi or Punjabi ...

Sorry for the bad run with computers.
As much as we'd rather not need them, most are lost without them !

Life was simpler pre IC chip.......
Television was good family time... we'd turn on the box.. chat whilst the dot grew into moving pictures.. watch every advert because they were live..not prefabricated CGI script emailed from Korea to the station nestled several states away.
A walk in the park was safe, enjoyable and good exercise.
The corner store .. was literally a walk to the corner ...
Streets were safe to play in/on.

Dont you wish we were back in the good old days, when sex was dirty and the air was clean ?

W