PDA

View Full Version : Water jacket for a CASTLE motor

Alfa Spirit
10-21-2010, 06:15 AM
May be Steven will have water jackets for CASTLE 1717 motors in a few weeks, but do you know if a water jacket fitting a Castle 1717 is available? And where?
Thanks

m4a1usr
10-21-2010, 08:05 AM
The Feigao 580xl/ KB45 water jacket will fit if you use larger o-rings. But it will only cover a little more then half of the motor shell. Still. Its an option.

John

ray schrauwen
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I will try to make one similar to the method I used to make my 5692 leopard cooler.

If I can get 2.25" Diameter .062" wall Aluminum tubing it's possible....

Make-a-Wake
10-21-2010, 10:03 AM
The Feigao 580xl/ KB45 water jacket will fit if you use larger o-rings. But it will only cover a little more then half of the motor shell. Still. Its an option.

John

I tried cramming a 580 jacket on mine......no way will it fit..............can barely even get it close to sliding on without the o-rings.:confused2:

scullyeng
10-21-2010, 11:09 AM
I will try to make one similar to the method I used to make my 5692 leopard cooler.

If I can get 2.25" Diameter .062" wall Aluminum tubing it's possible....

This company has it in stock

http://www.burnsstainless.com/st-225-16-6061.aspx

T.S.Davis
10-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Guys, your're over thinking these.

Go to McMaster and buy polycarbonite tubing that is the right diameter to fit around the fins. Find the right size O rings. Then all you need is the water outlets. I think Dubro makes them. Drill and tap the plastic and your done. That's how I cooled my 1515 that was finned.

You can put a dremel bit in a drill press if you really want that groove to keep the O ring in place.

Brushless55
10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Guys, your're over thinking these.

Go to McMaster and buy polycarbonite tubing that is the right diameter to fit around the fins. Find the right size O rings. Then all you need is the water outlets. I think Dubro makes them. Drill and tap the plastic and your done. That's how I cooled my 1515 that was finned.

You can put a dremel bit in a drill press if you really want that groove to keep the O ring in place.

home made coolers :thumbup1:
do you have any pictures to share with us?

T.S.Davis
10-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Maybe, I'll dig around. Might be worth a how to series. Not sure if I have any of thos still kicking around.

Believe it or not the home made coolers work better on the finned motors than the smooth. Too much sliding around on the smooth cans so I went back to the machined aluminum coolers for those. The tolerance is just a lot better on those.

ray schrauwen
10-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Terry, if I can do this in Aluminum, it can be done with plastic too...

I just used rings from same tubing but cut and glued in place with epoxy. This way the rings stay in place.
See the little seam on the inside ring...