PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ridden one??

forescott
10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
My wife and I spent the weekend in southern Ca. for our anniversary and one of the things we did was rent these segway XT's and took em out on the beach. They are soo much fun!! Only 12.5mph but felt much faster. Now I want one....34483

nomobux
10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Yeh .... BUT .... the owner of the company drove off a cliff and killed himself ...:w00t:

AndyKunz
10-20-2010, 09:07 AM
yes, I've used one. Took about 3 minutes to get used to, but after that WATCH OUT!!! Oh baby, they're great! Wish I had a need (and spare money) to own one!

Andy

Diesel6401
10-20-2010, 09:07 AM
You live in Cali, it's all about the go-ped. I got mine off of craigslist for $100. After about $10 worth of supplies (new spark plug, and spray paint) I have a bad ass go-ped. I removed the orignal frame made my own welded it together, found a deck I like on the internet and printed the size I wanted and traced it to a board I had laying around and made my own deck. Changed the direct drive gearing so it has more torque less top end. It's double the length of an orignal sport. I love this little thing and my wife thinks it's a blast as well.

tharmer
10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
So basically you bought some parts for $100 and the completely rebuilt it into what you wanted. Cool, but I'd rather have a Segway...the are way cool.
-t

Diesel6401
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
So basically you bought some parts for $100 and the completely rebuilt it into what you wanted. Cool, but I'd rather have a Segway...the are way cool.
-t

When I bought it it was pretty much new and ran awesome the way it was. Problem is I am 6'7 300+lbs and riding a go-ped designed for people half my size was not awesome. So with parts I had laying around I created what I wanted. Reason why I mentioned it, is because there is a large group of go-ped riders/racers and so forth in Cali.

bwells
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Forescott, was that Pismo Beach?

forescott
10-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Forescott, was that Pismo Beach?

Yes sir!!

forescott
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
You live in Cali, it's all about the go-ped. I got mine off of craigslist for $100. After about $10 worth of supplies (new spark plug, and spray paint) I have a bad ass go-ped. I removed the orignal frame made my own welded it together, found a deck I like on the internet and printed the size I wanted and traced it to a board I had laying around and made my own deck. Changed the direct drive gearing so it has more torque less top end. It's double the length of an orignal sport. I love this little thing and my wife thinks it's a blast as well.

Sorry Diesel, not a go-ped fan. One of the neighbor kids has one with a straight pipe on it and it drives me nuts!! Now put one of those 63mm little screamers outrunners on there and I will be impressed! :beerchug:

forescott
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeh .... BUT .... the owner of the company drove off a cliff and killed himself ...:w00t:

For real???? In a car or on a segway??

Diesel6401
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Sorry Diesel, not a go-ped fan. One of the neighbor kids has one with a straight pipe on it and it drives me nuts!! Now put one of those 63mm little screamers outrunners on there and I will be impressed! :beerchug:

HAHAHAHAHAHA copy that...

nomobux
10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
For real???? In a car or on a segway??

For real .. on a segway ( SP ? ) in England a couple of weeks ago. Otta find it on google, I 'spose. Ok, here's one .. lots more http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8027301/Segway-company-owner-dies-riding-two-wheeled-machine-off-cliff.html

Norcal2500HD
10-20-2010, 08:12 PM
throw some paddles on that thing and head for the dunes....lol