PDA

View Full Version : Black Jack 26 epoxy hatch

tiqueman
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Production to resume after the Holidays
ONE RAW HATCH IN STOCK

Hey folks. As some have you have seen in the BJ26 forums. Ive made a new hatch. Im still doing a bit of R&D and testing of different materials, but for the most part Ive got it dialed. Heres a couple "test hatches". Basically being, making sure they fit right, are heavy enough but not too heavy and keeping paint on them for the future "painted to match" version.

Im laying them up using West systems epoxy and as a top coat, Adteck Epoxy Top coat, rather than gelcoat. I went that route for two reasons. One, Its easier to get paint to stick to epoxy and two, Ive done some research and it seems the epoxy is much less prone to stress cracks etc as gelcoat will often do.

We (my neighbor and I) ran tonight and beat the heck out of our boats. Pushing them W.O.T. thru every turn and rolling and flipping them as much as possible. Sounds crappy but hey, its for the research. :eek: Ive run mine with the new hatch 5 times and my neighbor has run his twice. One thing we did notice is, we use a rescue rig to go get the boat after its capsized. An AC Hammer w/ a pvc attachment. It pushes much better through the water while upside down w/ these hatches. And right side up, IMO, they look 100 times better than the factory hatch. And best of all, no more lost canopys or drivers.

***Painted to match the factory scheme no longer available***

Heres the thread in the BJ forums

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18307

And heres a few pics

Enjoy,
Scott

EDIT: You will notice in the first picture, a line going across from side to side and the front of the scoop. I was doing a relief cut line in the first few I layed up to prevent a wrinkle and then realized (last picture) that I didnt have to.

tiqueman
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
DomWilson, Itll go out Wednesday.

domwilson
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Sweeeettt! That thing looks awesome!

jmsask
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Will you ship to Canada? If so I would like two.
Joe

tiqueman
10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Joe

As long as you pay shipping, I will send them wherever youd like.
-Scott

Please PM me an address so I can get a shipping quote

tiqueman
10-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Finally got the new frame done. Now to hit it w/ a few coats of wax, pva it and hopefully lay up the new mold tomorrow.

domwilson
10-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Just got the hatch. THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!
The glasswork and paint is impeccable! It matches up perfectly.
Very Impressive work. I highly recommend picking one or two up.
Check out the pics. Yeah Baby!!!

Thank you very much Tiqueman for this piece of Artwork!

tiqueman
10-23-2010, 01:27 AM
You are very welcome. That looks pretty darn good there Mr Wilson! Thanks for the kind words. Im glad the lines all matched up. I was worried about that.

tiqueman
10-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Another quick update, I filled the existing molds air scoop as some people do not like that look. Im going to make a new part, change the windshield frame on it to match the new one and make yet another new mold. So there will be 2 versions available, one with and one without an air scoop.

Left is original mold w/ filled air scoop. Right is newly moddified and fixed plug.

tim v
10-23-2010, 02:04 PM
are these for sale and how much interested in a plain white one maybe with the window painted? i live in maple ridge bc canada i.. thanks tim

Brushless55
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Mad skills bro! :rockon2:

tiqueman
10-23-2010, 11:02 PM
are these for sale and how much interested in a plain white one maybe with the window painted? i live in maple ridge bc canada i.. thanks tim

Yes they are for sale. A white hatch is $35.00 plus shipping. Paint would be extra. I would need to know exactly what you want before I quote it.

I will have to get a shipping quote from the PO to Maple Ridge BC. . I just got one for Sask, Annaheim and it was about $15.00. Im leaving town tomorrow evening and will not be back until the 30th. I can lay up a hatch then and have it out w/in a week.

Mad skills bro! :rockon2:

Thank you

tomstoys2
10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey Scott,
These look amazing! I can't believe how they make the boat look. Great work. I'm going to need a "painted to match" stock version at some point like the one you did from Dom. Might not be till after Christmas though. Let me know when you come up with a price.
Tom

video200
10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
i might need one of those. painted and shipped to norway :)

jmsask
10-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Can you paint one of mine for the top BJ in the pic I will be painting the other one this winter so no paint needed for it. It was a Nitro boat now it's brushless (top one).
Joe:thumbup:
:beerchug:

tiqueman
10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey Scott,
These look amazing! I can't believe how they make the boat look. Great work. I'm going to need a "painted to match" stock version at some point like the one you did from Dom. Might not be till after Christmas though. Let me know when you come up with a price.
Tom

Thanks Tom. I was wondering if you had seen them yet. Painted versions, once Im ready to release them, will be $70.00 plus shipping. Ive done extensive research to figure out pricing. Other quality hatches painted go from about $65.00 and up. By the time I factor in custom mixed paint, reducer, materials (tape, sandpaper etc.) theres not much left in it for profit. Im just a one man band tryin to make something nice and offer it to fellow boaters. Some may think its steep, those who have painted boats may think otherwise.

i might need one of those. painted and shipped to norway :)

PM me an address and I can give you an estimate.

Can you paint one of mine for the top BJ in the pic I will be painting the other one this winter so no paint needed for it. It was a Nitro boat now it's brushless (top one).
Joe:thumbup:

If you can give me some dimensions, Im sure I can do it. Did you paint that one like that or is that how the factory Nitro paint comes?

video200
10-31-2010, 04:58 AM
il pass tiqueman. the kid wil just have to settle for a new original hatch.
still looks great though. impressive work :)

HYDROJERRY
10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Looks sweet Scott,,, is there anything in RC's you cant do,,LOL....now if i only owned a BJ,,,,

tiqueman
10-31-2010, 09:36 AM
il pass tiqueman. the kid wil just have to settle for a new original hatch.
still looks great though. impressive work :)

No worries Vid. If you change your mind or want a white one, let me know.

Looks sweet Scott,,, is there anything in RC's you cant do,,LOL....now if i only owned a BJ,,,,

Yeah... I cant figure out how to make enough money to have it all :bounce:

Another idea I have is to offer the hatch w/ a bottle of paint that will match so that the customer can paint it themselves. This is not a cheap hatch using cheap materials. Im using the best of the best on these things. If I went time and material Id have to ask a lot more for them. There is not enough profit in one hatch to make another. Especially when it comes to painting them. Its not a 15 minute paint job.

jmsask
10-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks Tom. I was wondering if you had seen them yet. Painted versions, once Im ready to release them, will be $70.00 plus shipping. Ive done extensive research to figure out pricing. Other quality hatches painted go from about $65.00 and up. By the time I factor in custom mixed paint, reducer, materials (tape, sandpaper etc.) theres not much left in it for profit. Im just a one man band tryin to make something nice and offer it to fellow boaters. Some may think its steep, those who have painted boats may think otherwise.

PM me an address and I can give you an estimate.

If you can give me some dimensions, Im sure I can do it. Did you paint that one like that or is that how the factory Nitro paint comes?

It's factory paint I think it's the same on most nitro's. Did you want me to post pic's with a ruler beside it?
Joe

tiqueman
11-01-2010, 09:43 AM
It's factory paint I think it's the same on most nitro's. Did you want me to post pic's with a ruler beside it?
Joe

Joe, looking at it more, what may be even better (or along with measuring it) can you template it and either pdf it to me or snail mail it? Start points for it is one thing, but Id want to make sure I continued the correct curve.

If this one happens, I think Im going to lay it up in gelcoat. Basically paint it in the mold starting w/ a clear gelcoat, then the black and white, then lay it up. Then theres no worry of paint peel. :thumbup1:

tiqueman
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
DOH!!! Do you want the canopy red? Forgot about that

tiqueman
11-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Joe

Will have a few available by the end of the week. You guys still on the "want" list?

jmsask
11-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I will take the two I asked for both unpainted. I thought it over and I'm going to paint them both this winter. Let me know how much to send you PP and you info and I will pay you.
Joe

tiqueman
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I will take the two I asked for both unpainted. I thought it over and I'm going to paint them both this winter. Let me know how much to send you PP and you info and I will pay you.
Joe

You got it Joe. They will be ready by the end of the week. I will PM you w/ your total and info when they are ready.

Thanks

Heres the first part out of the new mold. Window frame is more define and a cleaner line and I angled the back to match up w/ the hull/ deck angle.

scoota
11-05-2010, 08:38 AM
There is a good market for Miss Geico hatchs , lol , nice work !

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM

Yeah I hear they are plastic and people are breaking them.

tiqueman
11-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Joe, your hatches are ready to go out tomorrow.

Ed, Your should be ready to ship by the end of the week.

tiqueman
11-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Gunna have them in a couple weeks. :thumbup1: gelcoat colored to match factory hull.

big ed
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
sweet! gettin excited now!

jmsask
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Payment sent for two.
Joe M:banana::beerchug:

tiqueman
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Got it thanks. Will go out today.

tiqueman
11-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Ed, your hatch is curing and will go out Wednesday or Thursday. I used a real automotive clear, rather than Duplicolor on this one... wow what a difference. It takes 24hrs to cure, I shot it this afternoon. May be best to wait until Thursday to pack it up just to be sure nothing happens to it.

Thanks a bunch,
Scott

big ed
11-16-2010, 11:06 PM
wow! looks awsome! cant wait to get it! thanks scott

tiqueman
11-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you. I could probably mail it tomorrow, she feels pretty cured, but Id feel better waiting until Thurs. if thats ok w/ you. I just dont want any of the packing messing w/ it incase its still soft.

I still cant get over how much more shine is on it w/ this clear rather than the Duplicolr. Blows my mind.

I will try and get a pic of it tomorrow in the sunlight.. if/ when it comes out. I shoulda done that today but didnt think about it.

domwilson
11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
As always.....A great job! I can hardly wait to get mine out on the water. Need to put some flotation on mine first. I don't want to lose it. It really changes the look of the BJ26.

tiqueman
11-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks Mr Wilson! I cant wait for you to get it out there either. At the races this past weekend, I had mine out there, which is of course has a aftermarket paint scheme. Everyone who looked at it asked what kinda hull it was. When I told them, they all said "Really?" It does for sure change the look quite a bit.

tiqueman
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Ed, your hatch went out today. PM has tracking info.

Thanks,
Scott

roadrashracing
11-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I sent you a pm, I think its time

tiqueman
11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Got it and replied.. LOL, that didnt take long.

big ed
11-22-2010, 09:03 PM
scott! got the hatch today! just wanna say it looks even better than in the picture. GREAT JOB! thanks again for all your hard work

tiqueman
11-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you Ed! Im always so nervous shipping them all done up. Glad it made it safely! Be sure to post us some pics when you get her on. Thanks again
-Scott

EDIT: yeah I just looked at the pic... it doesnt do that clear justice at all....

jmsask
11-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Got them today all I can say is WOW! It's not the same boat it's better than I expected!
I cant get over how it changes the hole boat. My wife asked me when I bought the new boats when I told her it was only new hatch's I had to show her the boat's with the stock hatch's to prove they were my BJ's I had before.Lol
Great job!
If your thinking about buying a new boat and you have a BJ buy one of these and you will be impressed with the look of your BJ with one of these!
Joe M
Annaheim,Sk
Canada
I have some work to do on the lower one I subbed it and it hit bottom and split it open.

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey Joe, Im glad they finally got there. I replied to your PM.

Thanks for the kind words

-Scott

roadrashracing
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I will take one next month I will let you know

tiqueman
11-27-2010, 11:27 AM
I will take one next month I will let you know

Sounds good. I will be laying a few up this week, so it will be ready.

forescott
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
OK, I'm ready to order a painted hatch w/graphics for the blackjack. How do I proceed!

tiqueman
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey Scott. Thats all you needed to do. Unfortunately Im burning at both ends of the candle right now. The soonest I can have a painted one out is probably 2 - 3 weeks. I havent had a chance to lay any up. If your definitley interested, I will pull it closer to the front burner.

Thanks,
Scott

forescott
12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm not in any hurry. Just let me know when you have one ready and I'll send you $$$. Thanks!!

tiqueman
12-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Will do Scott. I will turn my focus towards getting one done. Thanks

JackBlack26
12-03-2010, 10:25 PM
These look awesome!! Where do I order one of these from? I have a nitro hull that I want to convert to electric but I broke the hatch a long time ago. Can you send me your paypal and a shipped price to 91710 for a plain white hatch, please?
Thanks
Rafael

tiqueman
12-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Order from right here in the thread. Ive put you on my list of "hatches to get done asap".
thanks for the compliment
Scott

roadrashracing
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I am ready for one, do you have an window decals at all? I am not good masking, I would really just like to oaint it and apply a decal and done.

tiqueman
12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Nope, no window decals. I just mask and paint. I can paint the window if youd like for a minimal fee and leave the frame white. Then you can just mask one entire shape outline of the frame, rather than isolating one or the other or both.

roadrashracing
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I guess I could try to do it myself, can't ge good at it if you don't try Or how much would a window be?

tiqueman
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
There you go. If your not trying, your not learning. Heres a couple quick tips for you. For super clean lines and radius's, pick up some 1/4" pinstripe tape from the autoparts store. Or, pick up a roll of the blue 3M vinly mask tape. You can get it in several diferent sizes from ridiculously narrow to pretty wide. I found it at a local auto paint supply shop. It peels much more gently on painted surfaces since its tru detail mask. You can outline the window, or frame etc w/ it, the follow it w/ regular masking tape. I also use alot of the 1/4" tamiya mask from the LHS.

You could also try the spray mask you can also get at the LHS. I got some to try but have not experimented yet. You spray it on, let it dry, use an x-acto and cut out the areas you want to paint, peel it away, spray, the peel the rest of it off. Sounds like cool stuff. I just havent tried it yet.

roadrashracing
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM
About how much is shipping one one of these?

tiqueman
12-08-2010, 11:48 PM
12-15 dollars with tracking

roadrashracing
12-09-2010, 12:55 AM
pm sent

tiqueman
12-09-2010, 08:43 AM
PM replied

foeshizza
12-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Any pics of the one with out scoop?

kronos2
12-13-2010, 06:18 AM
are you pumping out painted hatchs? im so new to the rc boat hobby and know nothing of painting them.im looking for mostly stock black jack 26 nitro with the black spaid but diffrent colors on the cowl

tiqueman
12-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Any pics of the one with out scoop?

No sorry I do not. I never made one. Theres been zero demand for it so it was not worth making the mold. I can fill a scoop in the current mold and lay one up but there would be finish work to be done where the scoop was. I would fill it using clay, so it would not be perfect.

are you pumping out painted hatchs? im so new to the rc boat hobby and know nothing of painting them.im looking for mostly stock black jack 26 nitro with the black spaid but diffrent colors on the cowl

I am and Im a bit behind on them as of right now. And now the weather puting me even further back. As for the nitro scheme, I dont have one so I cant garauntee that the lines will flow properly. And If you change the color, even if you tell me what you used, theres pretty much .1% that what I spray would match what you sprayed.

tiqueman
12-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I guess I could try to do it myself, can't ge good at it if you don't try Or how much would a window be?

Road, is this all you want done? Do you want me to leave the frame white as is?

kronos2
12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
what do you use to paint them? is it possable to get the windshield clear?

tiqueman
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Epoxy on the windshield and PPG base / clear for the blue.

I lay them up in epoxy and cloth so there is no way for a clear windshield. Id suppose if you wanted it clear, it could be modded, cut out, and a piece of lexan heated and bent to shape. But 1 blow over and youd probably knock it out and flood the boat. You could do an interior backing frame and glass it in to help reinforce it, but thats not to say the window itself wouldnt break. Ive actually thought about doing it for myself. I would not offer it for sale as it would be a lot of work and I doubt Id be able to be compensated for it. Besides, like I said, always that possibility of a blow out and then Id have upset customers... not worth the risk.

roadrashracing
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Road, is this all you want done? Do you want me to leave the frame white as is?

ya thats fine, I'll just mask it off. This is really going to make my boat look sweet, is is spring yet? Will the with work if I don't paint that little strip?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5262710564_b06653e1eb_b.jpg

kronos2
12-14-2010, 10:34 PM
thanks for the help

tiqueman
12-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Will the with work if I don't paint that little strip?

Will the who what if you dont paint what???? :confused2:

thanks for the help

Your welcome. Let me know if you need any more info on painting. I purposely lay these up in epoxy w/ an epoxy topcoat because it a lot easier to get paint to stick to it rather than gelcoat. But either way, its all in the prep before laying the color.

tiqueman
12-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Road rash, clear out your inbox. Your hatch is ready to go out.

Scott, yours is on the table now

Rafael, as you already know, yours went out a couple days ago.

Ahh, I finally feel like Im catching up.

Ive also got an extra one (white) layed up and available, ready to ship.

roadrashracing
12-15-2010, 10:18 PM
in box is clear for now

Sorry, I must have been half a sleep, that thin strip around the window, can that stay white or sould you paint it?

roadrashracing
12-15-2010, 10:26 PM
money sent

tiqueman
12-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Got it! Itll go out tomorrow and I will send you tracking info. Thanks!!!!

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 01:17 PM
got it today, looks great

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I started painting it, I scuffed it with a light sandpaper and wased it with water to clean if off. The first coat I did really light, like a lexon body. There are spots where it is staying white no matter how many times I spray it, I am doing like coats and waiting in between them. It looks like when you dye a rim and the dye does not go where glue is. I am using krylon gloss paint. Should I let it sit over night and wet sand it with 1000 paper and spray it one more time?

tiqueman
12-18-2010, 06:15 PM
got it today, looks great
Awesome, thanks!

Its doing that because it wasnt sanded enough. I go over it twice w/ 220, twice w/ 320, twice w/ 400 and once w/ 600 before I do my first coat. (all wet sanding) Wipe down and let dry between sandings and you will see the spots you missed or didnt get very well. Thats how I did your windshield. The hardest part is getting in the corners of the frame. If you only lightly scuffed it, it wasnt enough... especially w/ Krylon. Hope that helped.

roadrashracing
12-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Well I get to start over, I love painting, it was looking great, I was putting on the last coat of clear tleast I thought, well it was orange paint:cursing:, well I got to strip it and start over.:ThumbsDown01::cursing:

tiqueman
12-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Well I get to start over, I love painting, it was looking great, I was putting on the last coat of clear tleast I thought, well it was orange paint:cursing:, well I got to strip it and start over.:ThumbsDown01::cursing:

That hurts.... :ThumbsDown01: Thats why a quick blast test spray on something is always a good idea.. not only to check color :smile: but to make sure its going to spray correctly and not booger up or anything. If nothing else, you learned something new. Painting often sucks.... the last hatch I did gave me nothing but problems.. stupid stuff. But... you work thru it and if done right, in the end, no one ever knows but you. :thumbup1:

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
it was this close to getting smashed, I will just take a break and re try after christmas.

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 12:12 AM
whats a good paint to use? that will not be hurt by other paint? It turning out just like my hull had, three times till I get it right? Is it easier just to spray the whole thing then mask window areas?

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Well, dont take it like its your fault. I hate Krylon paint. I ALWAYS have problems w/ it. HOWEVER, if prepped properly and weather is right, low.. LOW humidity, not too hot, not too cold, Krylon will lay down nicely. Ive actually used Krylon over the epoxy hatch and it did come out very nice. It was on my own personal boat. It was the first time it ever worked on the first try for me. Humidity was very low that day and temp was about 73. I wrote it all down just because I was so happy w/ it.

Let it sit a couple days, then go back to it w/ 320 or 400 grit. Most important thing while painting is take your time. The more you rush and less you prep, the worse it will come out. Sand it a few times. It shouldnt take 10 minutes to prep, it should take 30 or 40. Once you have it sanded very well, mist it w/ a light coat of paint. then let it sit, preferably in the sun, for 10 minutes or so... time it, dont guess it. Then hit another light coat, time it again and then do one more light coat, and time it. Let that one sit 15 minutes and then put a wet coat on. That should make it come out nice. Its how I did my last Krylon job and it looks beautiful. then when your all done, use a GOOD clear. Go to an auto body paint supply and get something from them. Dont get Krylon clear or Duplicolor as they all suk compared to the real thing. Its the difference between "hey that looks nice" and Wow, that is Bad A$$!"

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 01:13 AM
its basment painting now till spring, guess I will go back to rustoleme

forescott
12-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Then when your all done, use a GOOD clear. Go to an auto body paint supply and get something from them. Dont get Krylon clear or Duplicolor as they all suk compared to the real thing. Its the difference between "hey that looks nice" and Wow, that is Bad A$$!"

Can you get quality clear in a spray can? Or do you have to buy it in a can and use a paint gun or airbrush??

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Can you get quality clear in a spray can? Or do you have to buy it in a can and use a paint gun or airbrush??

Scotty boy!!!! Speaking of which.. Im clearing yours in 10 minutes.. then I can FINALLY go to bed.....

I hear that U-Poly or something like that works really well. Any reputable auto paint shop can mix you professional clear in a spray can.

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 02:34 AM
its basment painting now till spring, guess I will go back to rustoleme

Youd probably be even better off w/ duplicolr paints. A lot more variety and more "bling" colors unlike blah rustoleum.

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm just trying match what I have right now, who makes duplicor paint?

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm just trying match what I have right now, who makes duplicor paint?

Dupont. Stick w/ what you have for now. Unless you go to an auto paint supply store and have them color match the krylon, you wont match it w/ any other brand. Just let it sit a few days and cure so it sands better. You dont have to sand it all off. You may even want to re-prep it and hit it w/ a light coat or two of primer. That way incase it is sanded thru the orange here and there, you wont have color variations or have to put on a bunch of coats to make it all the same shade of orange. Plus the primer will tell you if its prepped or not. If it goes down well, the orange will go down well. Let the primer dry 24 hours, then scuff it very well w/ 600 and/ or 1000, then shoot the orange.

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Its done and it looks great, thanks for a great product!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5043/5276023846_6ae435af6e_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5276017408_52045dee6d_z.jpg

After stripping it a few time, I decided I had to get this money off my back. Had to paint the window over, that was all done with brush so its not the best but , this hatch makes the boat look pretty damn good! Is it spring yet?

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Brad, that looks fantastic! Its so cool to see one done up other than the factory paint/ white, or the only aftermarket scheme Ive seen... Mine. Congrats on a job well done. :beerchug:

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Do you put any kind of locking system on yours or just trust the hatch tape, I hate to roll and have it come flying off, it will get some foam for sure.

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I just installed the front tab (should have been one taped inside the scoop in yours) and use tape. Ive had some nasty violent crashes w/ mine and it hasnt budged.

roadrashracing
12-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I found it sitting in the bubble tape thanks, never new that was there, anyother surpises in that box.

tiqueman
12-19-2010, 11:55 PM
... AH NEW CAR!!!!! :lol: That should be it. Had I known you needed/ wanted carbon, I coulda sent you some of that.

forescott
12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Scott, hows my hatch comin? Waddaya waitin for? Christmas?? :just-kidding: Got an eta on that hatch? Can I send you some $$$ yet??

tiqueman
12-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Im a perfectionist. Its not perfect. The clear, because I ran out, needs another wet coat put on. I havent had time to get to the other side of town to get it. Hopefully tomorrow. then it will sit for 48 hours to cure, then itll go out. Im hoping Friday. Sorry Scott, Ive just been goin like mad over hear. As soon as its curing and Im 100% happy, Ill hit you up for PP. Hang tight man.. thanx for being patient!

tiqueman
12-22-2010, 12:30 AM
ForeScott, you have a PM. Shes Finished. I found some clear hiding in the back of a cabinet. Came out real nice. :Peace_Sign:

Sorry its a little blury. Ill try and get a good pic of it outside tomorrow.

forescott
12-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Awesome! I'm sure it looks great up close. I'll send paypal tomorrow!

tiqueman
12-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Sounds good Scott. It will go out Friday, so as long as its in by then, whenever you send it is fine w/ me. :beerchug:

forescott
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Payment sent. Thanks again!!

tiqueman
12-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Got it Scott. Thank you!

tiqueman
12-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Scott, youve got a PM including a tracking number.

Happy Holidays!

forescott
12-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Here is a fantastic looking hatch I received from tiqueman. It really gives the boat a different look and will surely fare much better than the stock hatch in a rollover. Not only because of superior materials but because of the rounded canopy design. Great job!!

tiqueman
01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks sweet Scott! Glad you like it. Ill keep you all posted on the Geico hatches. Should have some good pics by the middle of next week of them. They will be of the same layup structure and materials. Im still doing some R&D w/ the paint.

richt
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
hi scott this richard i just want to let you kkow that i still want that hatch and i need it paint let me know .

tiqueman
01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Rich, I planned on bringing it on the 9th.. but I thought you wanted it plain white. Its been ready for 3 weeks. I will not have time to paint it by the weekend. Wish Ida known, I woulda painted it w/ Forescotts.....

richt
01-04-2011, 04:17 PM
ok i still need it

tomstoys2
01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey Scott, I hope you had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
Well Chrismas is over and I need to spend some of my Christmas money.:banana:
I would like to order a painted hatch with factory colors. Do you need payment in advance? Deposit?
No rush on it as our water is in the form of ice now until April.
Thanks,
Tom

tiqueman
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Hey Scott, I hope you had a great holiday and Happy New Year!
Well Chrismas is over and I need to spend some of my Christmas money.:banana:
I would like to order a painted hatch with factory colors. Do you need payment in advance? Deposit?
No rush on it as our water is in the form of ice now until April.
Thanks,
Tom

Hey Tom. The Holidays were nice and went by way too fast as usual. Hope yours was cheerful.
As of now Im waiting on the epoxy topcoat. The distributor I order it from dropped the ball and forgot to order it. It was supposed to be in a couple weeks ago. I still dont even know if they ordered it. They gave me the "oh Oh yeah its orderd... I dont know whats taken so long..." :blah: . They got really ... unprofessional, if you will, around the holidays. A soon as I can get that in my hands I can lay one up and get her painted. Until then, I need nothing but your word that you want one. This is killin my progress on Geico hatches as well :cursing:

Ill keep you posted
Thanks
Scott

tiqueman
01-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Just an update. As I suspected. The fiberglass shop never ordered my epoxy topcoat. It now on its way and 7 to 10 days out. :cursing: Until then I cant lay up any hatches.

richt
01-08-2011, 08:15 AM
hi scott this richard do not forget the hatch for me i will be up tomorow

tiqueman
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey Rich, I thought you wanted it painted now? If so, its not yet painted and wont be ready. If you just want it white I will bring it. Let me know

richt
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
i will take it white

docsrcrepair
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
I am finally at a point that I would like to order a plain white one. Just let me know when/where to send the money and I will get it to you.
Thank you in advance
Rich

tiqueman
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I am finally at a point that I would like to order a plain white one. Just let me know when/where to send the money and I will get it to you.
Thank you in advance
Rich

Rich, and all other members. I called Fiberglass services AGAIN yesterday because I still have not seen my epoxy surface coat. Then I found out AGAIN, it had not been ordered. I told them exactly what I though of thier so called "buisness skills" and told them Id do anything in my power to get people not to shop there. So, I found a different supplier for about the same cost however I have to pay shipping on it now. :cursing: And for those of you that use West systems epoxy, you already know that the prices on the epoxy itself only raised a couple percent, the hardener went up about 20%.

These factors being said, the prices for the hatches are now as follows:
-White epoxy hatch ($40.00) plus shipping
-Painted epoxy hatch, PPG base coat / clear coat custom color matched w/ black windhield $80.00 (plus shipping)

Sorry for any inconveniences. I just cannot keep the prices as they were w/ the rising expense of materials. Being a one man show, I cannot justify buying the materials in large bulk quantities at a slightly lower cost as most of it would go bad by the time I used it.

Hatches will be back in production Tuesday, January 25th. Rich, if your still interested, you are currently no. 3 on the "want list"

Thanks
Scott

tiqueman
01-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you in advance
Rich

And I just noticed that was your first post. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

tomstoys2
01-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey Scott,
No worries on my end, still a smokin' hatch at that price. I'm in no rush to get it as our ponds will be frozen for a few more months.
Tom

tiqueman
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I FINALLY got my surface coat yesterday. Should be able to start getting a couple layed up over the next few days.

the5
01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Haw any pics of a geico hatch?

tiqueman
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Haw any pics of a geico hatch?

Nope, shes on the back burner. Ive got several BJ hatches to lay up and a boat, so they wont be out any time soon. I kinda lost interest in them w/ all the paint issues. I matched it, but only once. Ive got 55 bux in paint to match one hatch with constant trial and errors. Im not doing it again. If you want a white one, I can do it pretty quick, painted versions, I dont think are happening., but if you want one, wont be cheap. Will be a lot more than my BJ painted ones thats for sure.

ray schrauwen
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Nice work! Makes the BJ26 look really nice!

tiqueman
01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Ray. :beerchug:

docsrcrepair
02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Just dropping by to see how the hatches are coming along? :popcorn2: I am finishing up my chris craft build and looking forward to my next build...
And thank you for the welcoming,i have been watching for sometime just never had anything worth saying.. :zip-up:

tiqueman
02-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Catching up but very slowly. Too much work going on and I have to put some things on the back burner.. being un-employed, I have to take it when I can. I should have yours ready mid/ late next week.

tiqueman
02-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Tom and Rich, Tom, you still want a painted one? If so , I can have it ready to go out Monday. Rich, still looking for a white one? Its ready.

tomstoys2
02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey Scott,
Yes, painted one please! Let me know when and how you want payment.
:banana:
Tom

docsrcrepair
02-17-2011, 09:08 AM
yes,I just replied thru IM. I started piling my stuff together for the BJ last night :bounce: perfect timing. :thumbup1:

tiqueman
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Im not happy w/ this mold anymore. This is the 3rd one in a row that the windshield frame has chipped while popping out the part. But his one has been the worst as both sides chipped. I made the frame too deep (or too tall) depending on how you look at it, and its causing a bind in the mold while trying to get it to release. Im going to make another new mold. I just keep getting the bugs out, eventually it will be perfect and give me many flawless parts.

Rich, I sent you a PM regarding the one in the pic. I can glue the raised pieces back down and give it a little sanding, once painted, you will never know it was there. Or, as in the PM, if you want a new one, It would be a couple weeks. Let me know as I know you are anxious to get one.

Tom, do you mind waiting couple more weeks? Id like to send you a new and improved one. I dont want to try pulling another one and going for 4 in a row w/ this issue.

Im just not happy w/ what this mold is doing anymore.

-Scott

tomstoys2
02-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey Scott,
No problem. Everything is still ice up here so it's going to be a few months before I can get it in the water. Take you time I'm in no rush.
Tom

docsrcrepair
03-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I got it and thank you,this thing rocks :buttrock: I am not worried at all about the cracking part,a little elbow work and it wont be noticeable.(besides its way better than how bad the hulls crack on these) I look forward to using it and I will put up pics when its completed. :bounce:

tiqueman
03-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Awesome thanks. Ive about got that window frame chipping issue solved. Tom, I should have yours ready in a weekish.

domwilson
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Looks like you're getting a lot of business. Maybe time to expand? How about some hulls? If you build hulls like you do these hatches, I think you'll do GRRRREAT!

tomstoys2
03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Awesome thanks. Ive about got that window frame chipping issue solved. Tom, I should have yours ready in a weekish.

Thanks Scott! Looking forward to it.
Tom

tiqueman
03-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Looks like you're getting a lot of business. Maybe time to expand? How about some hulls? If you build hulls like you do these hatches, I think you'll do GRRRREAT!

Workin on it Mr Wilson

JackBlack26
03-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to anything you make, Scott! You build quality tihs!!

chevy9534
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd like to see what i need to do to order a painted hatch for my bj26

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd like to see what i need to do to order a painted hatch for my bj26

Sorry for the delayed response. All you need is to say you want one. I will lay it up and paint it and then ask for payment. Ive actually got anotehr to paint as well so that works out nicely. It takes about a week and a half. I notify you when its finished, post pics, send you my paypal info and once payment is recieved it ships out, USPS w/ a tracking number.
Price is $80.00 plus shipping (usually around $15.00)
Thanks,
Scott

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
And for those who have waited patiently... THEY ARE READY :beerchug:

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Tom, if I can ever get to painting yours it will be done. Rain for the week has stopped so I may shoot it Sunday, or Monday. Looks like I have another to paint so Id like to get that one layed up and ready to paint at the same time. Your a week away, I promise. Thank you for your patience.

tomstoys2
04-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Tom, if I can ever get to painting yours it will be done. Rain for the week has stopped so I may shoot it Sunday, or Monday. Looks like I have another to paint so Id like to get that one layed up and ready to paint at the same time. Your a week away, I promise. Thank you for your patience.

No worries Scott,
Ice is finally melting up here so we're still a few weeks away from playing in the water and not the snow. Just let me know when you want some money.
Tom

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh I always want some money, but Ill take yours mid next week when its all painted up and Im happy w/ it.

tomstoys2
04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh I always want some money, but Ill take yours mid next week when its all painted up and Im happy w/ it.

:roflol: Ha, good one! I set myself up for that one on April 1st!
Hey I don't want to mess up your thread but do you remember this build from Graham? I purchased it from him a few months ago(Christmas present from the kids). Shipped all the way from New Zealand! He did a great job on it. I'll be posting some videos soon. I'm going to redo some of the decals at some point to look like the full size Rio Roses. We'll see if it's a real "Cat Kill" when I put it up against my BJ with the new cowl. That cowl adds 5-10 mph right?:rockon2:
Tom

JackBlack26
04-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Scott, any idea when I can get a plain white MG hatch? Sorry to be off topic here.

chevy9534
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok Id like to get one when you get a chance. Just the standard blue and white bj26 paint scheme for me. Thanks.

tiqueman
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
:roflol: Ha, good one! I set myself up for that one on April 1st!
Hey I don't want to mess up your thread but do you remember this build from Graham? I purchased it from him a few months ago(Christmas present from the kids). Shipped all the way from New Zealand! He did a great job on it. I'll be posting some videos soon. I'm going to redo some of the decals at some point to look like the full size Rio Roses. We'll see if it's a real "Cat Kill" when I put it up against my BJ with the new cowl. That cowl adds 5-10 mph right?:rockon2:
Tom

I love that Rio Roses hull. very sleek. Yes, the white cowl adds about 10, but the painted adds 12 to 15mph. :thumbup:

Scott, any idea when I can get a plain white MG hatch? Sorry to be off topic here. Can ship out next week. Did you see post 137? :banana: finally!!!

Ok Id like to get one when you get a chance. Just the standard blue and white bj26 paint scheme for me. Thanks. Im laying your hatch up now. Just jumped on here while I wait to do the second layer of the epoxy topcoat. It will be out of the mold tomorow, needs a full day to cure and I hope to paint it as well as Toms on Monday. Should be able to ship out Wed or Thursday.

roadrashracing
04-02-2011, 12:04 AM
hatch is going to hit the water for the first time tomarrow, damn its been a long winter!

tiqueman
04-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Good to hear. I thought you had got it in before but I guess not. Least its been a nice shelf queen since....

Ahhh, Im still waiting on the 2nd layer of top coat to kick off enough so I can lay up this hatch and go to bed. Its cooler out this evening... seems to be doubling the kick off time.... I just want to go to sleep.

JackBlack26
04-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Scott, I saw your post after I posted my comment. It looks great! Now to get one in my hands....muahahaha!

Let me know when it's ready to ship and I will paypal you.

Thanks again for all your hard work and great products!

tiqueman
04-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Scott, I saw your post after I posted my comment. It looks great! Now to get one in my hands....muahahaha!

Let me know when it's ready to ship and I will paypal you.

Thanks again for all your hard work and great products!

Thanks Rafael! muahahahah muahahahah muahahahahahahhahahah (and remember to put your pinky to the side of your mouth) Im so tired Im getting delerious.. hopefully I can get this done in about an hour or so. Im going to start prepping that mold in the morning. Will pull the first part out hopefully Sunday at some point. Id imagine that one could go to you Raf. If all looks good it can go out Monday. For sale part "001" :buttrock: Domwilson has the first BJ hatch.... unles he needs a matching numbers Geico lid :olleyes:

JackBlack26
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Me first, me first!!:banana: LOL

And remember, I'm going to paint it so I will have to prep it like I did my BJ hatch. So if it has light imperfections don't freak out(:swear:)and make another 100 till you get one that's immaculate! I'll take what you got:thumbup:

tiqueman
04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Raf, yours (Geico hatch) will be layed up tomorrow and ready to ship within a couple days. Ill let you know when Im ready for PP.

tiqueman
04-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Geico thread

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=23499

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Tom and Chevy, I havent painted the hatches yet. Weve had rain and strong winds the last few days. I dont have a spray booth so Im stuck w/ waiting for nice paint weather. It looks like the end of the week is going to be nice. Pics will go up as soon as they have color. Thanks again for your patience.

chevy9534
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
No big deal. Its been so windy here in Dallas i cant even drive my boat. Thanks for you help.

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Yup, been blowina gail here as well, and now we havea severe downpour going on. You probably had this within the last couple days.

tomstoys2
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Not a problem either, it's snowing and sleeting in NY today.
Tom

tiqueman
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Just sux all over!

roadrashracing
04-06-2011, 01:13 AM
well I got a few runs with my sweet new hatch, now the boats on the chopping block. Where I was running the boat last year is now longer avaliable so I have been mostly running on the local river. I decided to go deep vee instead.

chevy9534
04-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Any word on the hatch?

tiqueman
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Im tryin. we had one nice weather day, perfect temps and low humidity and I couldnt paint. Ive almost got a little spray booth built in the garage as Im taking that route now. I WILL have them done in a couple days. I am sorry for the delay. Im just not willing to risk paint issues on two hatches at once.

chevy9534
04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
No big deal just wanted to check in with you.

tiqueman
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Tom and Chevy, your lids just got the final coat of clear.
Thank you both again for your patience. Its been crazy over here.

Id like to hold them until Monday before I ship to give the paint a little extra time to cure as its been extremely humid here.

chevy9534
04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
no problem, looks good

tomstoys2
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow they look great!

tiqueman
04-21-2011, 06:26 PM
no problem, looks good

Wow they look great!

Thanks! :bounce:

tiqueman
04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Tom and Chevy, your getting hatches today according to USPS.
I sent you both PMs and Tom has replied and is anxtious to run his. Id give them at least another week to cure before you start taping. We ran my neighbors a week after paint and its been great, now 6 months or so later. We also tried to rip it off and couldnt, but the difference, Im right down the road from him if there was an issue. I just dont want to see anything happen because the paint wasnt fully cured.

Thanks a bunch
Scott

chevy9534
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Im in no hurry here. The weather is crap and windy everyday

tomstoys2
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Scott,
The hatch arrived today. Look even better than the pictures. Great job on the color match!:thumbup: I can't wait to see it on the water(but I will). Seems like a new boat.
Would you recommend putting the magnets on it like the original?
Thanks again,
Tom

Diesel6401
04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Just a heads up guys Tiq had a computer failure today and asked me to help him out so if anyone needs to get a hold of him for any hatches or questions don't PM him until his computer gets fixed. Best way to contact Scott at this time is to send him a email via his profile page. Simply click the link provided then under his screen name click "send message" then click "send a message via email to tiqueman". That will be the best way to contact him until everything gets straight.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?u=2610

tiqueman
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Great job on the color match!:thumbsdown:

Is that sarcasm implying yours doesnt match either? Chevy said his is much darker. Both hatches match eachother, obviously, and match my hull. :confused2: I know I sent you an email on this, Id just like to keep it in the forum, and wondered why the thumbs down?

tomstoys2
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Holy bad choice of icons Batman! Honestly I clicked the wrong one. It was suppose to be this on. :thumbup:The hatch is a great match. I can't believe how well you matched the graphics of the original. It look sooo cool, seems like I have a new boat.
Thanks,:doh:
Tom

tiqueman
04-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Holy bad choice of icons Batman! Honestly I clicked the wrong one. It was suppose to be this on. :thumbup:The hatch is a great match. I can't believe how well you matched the graphics of the original. It look sooo cool, seems like I have a new boat.
Thanks,:doh:
Tom

:lol: No worries... I was sweatin though.... it HAS been a crap week, so it wouldnt have suprised me......

blazerss
05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I just picked up blackjack from the swap shop with one of these hatches and I'm very impressed with it. Great work tiqueman.

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you. What number was it, or who did it come from?

blazerss
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
It came from forescott. Number 12610-007. Has the windshield and is painted to match the factory decals.

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Hmm cant remember if thats the new mold or old mold. I lost all my data on them as I had a major computer crash a few weeks ago. Had them all charted out, who got what, painted or non painted.... lost it all. :ThumbsDown01:

Is the back lip angled to match the angle on the back of the boat or is it flat?

tiqueman
05-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Nevrmind, I found the thread. Its the new mold. :thumbup1:

Joe007
06-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Tiqueman the stock canopy weights in at about 127 grams.... Can you tell me what your lid weights?
Thanks,
Joe007

tiqueman
06-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Joe, I don't have a scale that measures that light. Ill have to see if I can locate a mail scale or something from someone. Holding the factory and my hatch I cannot feel a difference so the variance is minor. Its not a heavy brick if that's what you're wondering.

Joe007
06-04-2011, 11:30 PM
No I just don't want to add any weight to the top of the boat....
Joe007

Joe007
06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Doese anyone know how much tiqueman's hatch weights?
Joe

tomstoys2
06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Doese anyone know how much tiqueman's hatch weights?
Joe

It's not that much heavier. It doesn't seem to effect my BJ at all. In fact, I have rolled it a few times and it has hit upside down the then skipped and rolled back over. I think the single canopy design has much less drag when upside down. Makes retrieval much quicker as well. IMO
tiqueman hatches:rockon2:

Tom

Joe007
06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks Tom, I did a barrel row the other day with my boat, glad I had the hockey tape on the lid...

Joe

roadrashracing
06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
my blackjack is gone, rip:frusty:

tiqueman
06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
I saw your looking for a new/ used hull. What happen?

roadrashracing
06-18-2011, 12:44 PM
You know all the problems I had last year refixing and painting the hull, well I was trying to fix everything right, and it just got to be to much time and money, you find one problem fix it, think your done and theres another and another. I just got to much time and money in it, it just ended up getting worse and worse.

roadrashracing
06-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I can make some pretty neat stuff out of nothing but when it comes to paint and body work it just kicks my butt.:doh:

roadrashracing
06-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I might save up for one of them new probat cats

DBQuick
09-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Hey bud could you do some thing on a UL-1 mine is white and a sweet paint job on it would be wild

tiqueman
09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry Im not painting boats at the moment... or even hatches for that matter. Paint prices are getting ridicuous lately and I cant justify it for as little as I do. I think theres a member who posted in the "for sale" section that is offering painting. If I had a shop w/ multiple colors it would be a different story.

Shovelnoserc
04-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Still making these? looking for an unfinished one.

tiqueman
04-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes I am. I've got about 7 hatches on list to make so its going to be close to two weeks before I can get it done.

Shovelnoserc
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Ok should i PayPal you now.

tiqueman
04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
No, Ill let you know when its ready to ship and will ask for payment at that time.
Thanks
Scott

tiqueman
05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Hatches are ready to ship.

Shovelnoserc
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM
THE HATCH LOOKS GREAT!!!! Thanks for an awesome product!!!

tiqueman
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Great to hear. You are very welcome.

rplebuch
05-22-2012, 04:57 AM
I love the new hatch it fits perfectly and I just wanted to thank you once again. Here are some pic from my painter before he pinstriped the boat and before i assembled it

tiqueman
05-22-2012, 07:42 AM
That looks amazing. Can't wait to see some action shots!

tiqueman
09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Back in production when time allows

angrycat
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
bringing this back anytime soon? building 2 custom blackjacks and having a carbon fiber hood for them is going to be a must at this point. please pm

tiqueman
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah Im making them again. Sorry, I didnt update the thread.

NorCalZ71
07-09-2013, 11:04 PM
are you doing these in carbon fiber? that would be sweet...!

tiqueman
07-09-2013, 11:38 PM
are you doing these in carbon fiber? that would be sweet...!

I did do one in full carbon. It came out OK. Havent done another and really no plans to. I have put a layer of carbon in some tho, not seen from the outside.

mittens
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
still making them?

tiqueman
09-06-2014, 06:27 AM
still making them?

We moved so when I can get set back up to do them I will be again.

montymike
10-14-2014, 09:08 AM
U building them yet? Thanks mike

tiqueman
10-22-2014, 11:55 AM
U building them yet? Thanks mike

Gettn close Mike. I was getting caught up on the 29 hatches and cracked a mold, so Im making all new molds for that and setting up a vac bag system to do so. Im trying to get it done in my spare time as quickly as possible.

Sorry its taken so long to get caught up, things have just been a mess since we moved. :cursing:

Ill do my best to get a 26 layed up next week

-Scott

snaychev
04-22-2015, 08:28 AM
I love the new hatch it fits perfectly and I just wanted to thank you once again. Here are some pic from my painter before he pinstriped the boat and before i assembled it
Awesome paint! Killer!

gbrady
06-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Production to resume after the Holidays
ONE RAW HATCH IN STOCK

Hey folks. As some have you have seen in the BJ26 forums. Ive made a new hatch. Im still doing a bit of R&D and testing of different materials, but for the most part Ive got it dialed. Heres a couple "test hatches". Basically being, making sure they fit right, are heavy enough but not too heavy and keeping paint on them for the future "painted to match" version.

Im laying them up using West systems epoxy and as a top coat, Adteck Epoxy Top coat, rather than gelcoat. I went that route for two reasons. One, Its easier to get paint to stick to epoxy and two, Ive done some research and it seems the epoxy is much less prone to stress cracks etc as gelcoat will often do.

We (my neighbor and I) ran tonight and beat the heck out of our boats. Pushing them W.O.T. thru every turn and rolling and flipping them as much as possible. Sounds crappy but hey, its for the research. :eek: Ive run mine with the new hatch 5 times and my neighbor has run his twice. One thing we did notice is, we use a rescue rig to go get the boat after its capsized. An AC Hammer w/ a pvc attachment. It pushes much better through the water while upside down w/ these hatches. And right side up, IMO, they look 100 times better than the factory hatch. And best of all, no more lost canopys or drivers.

***Painted to match the factory scheme no longer available***

Heres the thread in the BJ forums

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18307

And heres a few pics

Enjoy,
Scott

EDIT: You will notice in the first picture, a line going across from side to side and the front of the scoop. I was doing a relief cut line in the first few I layed up to prevent a wrinkle and then realized (last picture) that I didnt have to.

I would love to purchase a blackjack 26 hatch from you! They look awesome!