PDA

View Full Version : Miss G Canopy issue

ray schrauwen
10-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I read iin the forum somewhere about people breaking hatches fairly easily and now I am one of those people.

After just 2 runs and flipping it once the canopy is toasted, cracke like an egg.

If I spend $200 on a hull only, I expect it to have a FG cowling.

Who should I deal with for customer support on this issue? HH or RC Planet where I bought it from?

At least it's at the end of the season but, it sucks because if I had the time I was going to lay FG cloth inside it from what I read of others breaking these.

This is a flaw in building material choice or design. :sinking-guy:

jac4412
10-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I will admit upon receiving my boat I was very undecided about the canopy strength. I haven't flipped mine yet but I am very sure these weak canopies will crack... Seem to be very thing and with the window in the middle of it very weak.

Doby
10-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I read iin the forum somewhere about people breaking hatches fairly easily and now I am one of those people.

After just 2 runs and flipping it once the canopy is toasted, cracke like an egg.

If I spend $200 on a hull only, I expect it to have a FG cowling.

Who should I deal with for customer support on this issue? HH or RC Planet where I bought it from?

At least it's at the end of the season but, it sucks because if I had the time I was going to lay FG cloth inside it from what I read of others breaking these.

This is a flaw in building material choice or design. :sinking-guy:

Driver Error, stop listening to people when they tell you to go faster:rofl:

ray schrauwen
10-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Like Catamarans' don't flip ever because of cross winds....

Well, it's still in one piece, just fugly cracks. I will maybe get some G10 or the like to place on the inside of the major flat area and then use some FG cloth for the bubble.

Should'nt have to do this, they could have used other types of plastic that are MUCH stronger.

Boomer
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Ray
I agree the canopy is a bit brittle. It is injection molded out of a clear material for the see through windshield, but they made it too thin. I have a EKOS and it is even thinner but made out of a different plastic (FRP). I sent you a PM a few min.s ago, check it out let me know if you are interested.
I think they were concerned with weight, but a little more weight to make that canopy able to withstand a flip or two would make a lot of sense. Perhaps a letter to Horizon Hobbies design team would be well received. Even better if a few of us sent them the same letter.
I agree, flipping these little buggers, is a part of it. Being what I call a "student driver" can say, I am concerned about this happening, just cause I am not as skilled or practiced at driving this little projectiles.
I haven't flipped one yet, but believe it is a matter of time before I do. On the other side of this, it is true that the faster you make these boats go, the more likely it will be taking a flight in the near future.
It happens on the big ones, and they crack or break too!
Boomer
PS
I used contact cement to glue a piece of flexible foam to the inside of my EKOS canopy and when I find some more will do it to my Miss G. It gives the canopy a little more strenght and will help keep it a float if it separates from the hull.

Steven Vaccaro
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Was it on stock power?

On stock power I couldn't get mine to flip at all. Even in heavy wind, when I shouldn't have been driving it.

Doby
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
It was on stock power and the conditions were wavey and windy yesterday.

Probably 6" chop and winds upwards of 25-30 Mph with gusts WAY stronger than that coming from just about every direction. We were flipping our big open monos as well.

Steven Vaccaro
10-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I will be adding some glass to the inside of my new hatch, along with some flotation.

blackcat26
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I cracked mine almost right off the bat but it was low to mid 50's, so I'm not complaining. They do need glass reinforcement tho. The good thing is the hull has handled several blowovers in that speed range with the weight of 6s and still looks great.:rockon2:

ron1950
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
i havent flipped mine yet but on stock power i have seen it raise the nose and ride only on the prop for 6 or 7 feet or so .....i know i have a good flip in me somewhere its just waiting to get out and break the hatch lol...
have u chatted it up with the horizon guys yet? id like to hear what they have to say about it.....

ray schrauwen
10-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Mine flipped at about 30mph because of rough water & wind.

It was a 4 minute race, Limited Spec offshore with BJ motor power, 2x 7.4V 5800's &m445 prop.

I will call them tomorrow. It would be best if they upgraded it to some other material or FG.

ray schrauwen
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Ray
I agree the canopy is a bit brittle. It is injection molded out of a clear material for the see through windshield, but made it too thin. I have a EKOS and it is even thinner but made out of a different plastic. .

I have an EKOS hull only too and the canopy is nice FG, not plastic.

IMO a canopy should not be considered a "disposable" part. I have never cracked a canopy through like this ever, FG or plastic. Even ABS handles a flip better.

I have flipped certain boats allot and never had a hull breach like this even @ 50+ mph.

Rumdog
10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Have you guys ever owned a delta force mono? Those hatches are glass. They also crack up like you wouldn't believe! I'd suggest just reinforcing it. It can't see the factory sending out new hatches because of rollover accidents. I mean, look at your rtr cars and trucks. When you flip them and mess up the lexan, you don't expect the mfg. to send you a new one do you?

ray schrauwen
10-18-2010, 10:24 PM
I will take it up with HH.

I have DF mono's too, real DF 33 and it has a few cracks in it from stuffing it @ 50+ mph on the canopy only. They aren't that weak and I'd rather have a DF canopy than this.

When I say I cracked a DF mono hatch, I mean stess cracks and it took 3 or 4 good Stuffings @50mph to do that.

This hatchis cracked through like an eggshell, about as thick too.

ron1950
10-18-2010, 10:31 PM
funny my stiletto has been a submarine at 30 mph and nothing broke on it? lol

Boomer
10-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Ray,
As a matter of general interest only, fiberglass is a form of plastic referred to as "FRP" or "fiber reinforced plastic". I spent many years in the plastics industry, so of the few things I know something about, this is one of them. Doesn't really matter, just and FYI
Boomer

Jeff Wohlt
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
hmm...might be worth me saving my new one to make mold from for future. I would rather vac pull some.

spence72
10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Mine flipped at about 30mph because of rough water & wind.

It was a 4 minute race, Limited Spec offshore with BJ motor power, 2x 7.4V 5800's &m445 prop.

I will call them tomorrow. It would be best if they upgraded it to some other material or FG.

Ray,

I'll be running the same setup at my club races next year. I'm curious to how many mAh you use in a four minute race?

I've been practicing on the club course and pulling nearly 5000mAh for four minutes on BJ power & m445 prop.

ron1950
10-19-2010, 11:19 AM

should i order a new canopy now or wait? lol love this pic...newpaper guy took it one sat moring on the rez

tman52804
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Awesome pic!

PolarRoller08
10-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I am relatively new to the EP Boats but I have flipped my MG twice with no issues, I must admit that I tape my lid down every time.......It can be a hassle sometimes but it has rectified that issue for now....We'll see in the future:Praying:....Any others?:confused1:

blackcat26
10-19-2010, 02:09 PM

should i order a new canopy now or wait? lol love this pic...newpaper guy took it one sat moring on the rez

Man, that is a cool shot!

getusum
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I am the owner of GET U SUM inc, we build custom boats, fiberglass everything, and I will make the offer

someone send me a hatch, and I will pop a mold off it, and will start laying them up for everyone, let me know a price that is fair....... I can do the mold and NOT cause any damage to the original part as I will make the mold out of urathane.

I need help on something I am looking for a large outboard to pop a mold off of, as I will be using it for a dummy, for some of my customers who want outboards on the 42" Skaters we build

I am also looking for where I an buy the strongest gear box, that wil hold 4 hp, 1 input and 2 output shafts, I know there has to be some out there, as I know the large elect engines will produce that king of power

Do not laugh ut I know absoultly zero on the elect boats.

I have a blank KOS hull I want to get back going , can anyone here help??

Richard 281-331-5422

getusum
10-27-2010, 11:00 PM
my e-mil address for pics of what we do,,,rjteam@aol.com
my website www,getusuminc is down right now for all the new items we will have.

whom ever sends the hatch gets a free one!!!!!!!!!

How long is this boat??

Richard
rjteam@aol.com
281-331-5422

johnf
10-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Where in tx are you?

ray schrauwen
10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
I have one I can ship to you but, it has a fair number of cracks in it. Some through, some not.

If you look at the top of my canopy, you can't see any cracks unless you slightly twist it.

I'd pay you a few bucks to make me one.

getusum
10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I am just outside of Houston,

I would like you to send me pictures of the hatch you have, to see how much work it will need.

please e-mail to rjteam@aol.com

getusum
11-03-2010, 02:20 AM
I have a hatch that will be here tomrrow, I am glad to help everyone out, I should start having them ready in about a week, painted and un painted, please e-mail me @ rjteam@aol.com as I need to know how many to makepricing ???? painted depends onhow many I make as I will paint them to match in deltron, and it will be like glass, or I may choose to gelcote them, that will add weight, asyellow takes more coats to cover,

Let me know if you want one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sure could use that engine cover, for a 7.5-11cc nitro outboard, soI can make some dummy outboards, if not I will make a plug,,,
if you can find one complete I will buty it and give you a free cover

Richard
rjteam@aol.com
281-331-5422

ray schrauwen
11-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Sorry I could not help you out but, it was faster to get it within the USA.

I am just laying some Carbon Kevlar into my cracked canopy.

Count me in for one of your hatches, I'd rather have FG than this plastic, repaired or not.

Boomer
11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Ray
Texas has been one the official states in the USA for a number of years now. Just an FYI :biggrin:
Boomer

ray schrauwen
11-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I mean it was faster for Richard to get it within the USA...

I'm in Canada...

Fixed my canopy, I didn't bother with warranty, didn't buy it for a warranty.

Doby
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Keep the boat right side up and you shouldn't have any canopy issues!!!!

Are you going to bring it along Sunday?

ray schrauwen
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Of course, it's fixed, greased & ready to go...

I'll bring this, LSO mono and, P-sport. I think I just need more rudder throw, it was setup for LSH & less weight before.

Doby
11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Excellent. Dress Warm.. If Smurfette is coming as well, make sure she brings Brownies!

ray schrauwen
11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Excellent. Dress Warm.. If Smurfette is coming as well, make sure she brings Brownies!

Smurfette will be there too :thumbup:

No Brownies for You! (Brownie nazi)\

I might make a pot o' Chilli instead, to keep warm!

I'll post picks of my repair later. Carbon Kevlar, looks cool in the windshield.

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I got to see a MG run in person for the first time today and discussed w/ the owner the concerns of the hatch. I was going to try and order a hatch, as I do not have the boat, but, Can someone send me a broken hatch? I can lay up a mold and produce FG canopies. I can get the color matched in gelcoat as well so they wont have to be painted. I can send whoever want to donate thier hatch a new part for the cost of shipping. However, Id like to see the hatch being easily repaired. I dont want to have to get out the heat gun and melt plastic to piece it back together.

Anyway, just a thought if anyone want to try. Otherwise, I may just order a hatch and make it happen.

johnf
11-05-2010, 10:03 PM
TIqueman, will you be able to make a fg hatch that allows one to keep using the plastic under tray? That would be nice.

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
TIqueman, will you be able to make a fg hatch that allows one to keep using the plastic under tray? That would be nice.

I dont think it will be an issue. I didnt look super close at how it all snaps together, but really, If your taping the fg hatch down, I dont see a need for the tupperware lid.

johnf
11-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't say it's needed, but it would be cool if it could still be used.

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I think it will still work anyway. Hopefully I can get w/ Ron again before he leaves town and look at it more closely.

johnf
11-05-2010, 10:21 PM
If I crack mine soon, I'll send it your way! Haha

If you are able to produce these I'm sure I'll grab one from ya.

ray schrauwen
11-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Fianally some pictures...

I would send mine to you but, it would take a good 10 days for you to get it. I figured it would be quicker if you got it locally.

I used 1 layer of the 6oz Carbon/kevlar cloth under 1/32" thick ply and it still allows me to use the tupperware cover... just got that too...:banana:

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I hope you dont crack one.. having a boat as cool as this down sux. But if you do.. send it!

ray schrauwen
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
few more

There are some extra layers of the cloth in the bubble area. Seems qiute robust and about the right weight.

ron1950
11-05-2010, 10:36 PM
scott if we run tomorrow ill let ya check the lid really good for a price lol.....

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:36 PM
That carbon looks nice in the windshield Ray. Nice work!

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:39 PM
scott if we run tomorrow ill let ya check the lid really good for a price lol.....

:thumbup1: Remember when you said you hadnt flipped it yet? Dont eat your words man! :laugh: If we run tomorrow you could have major failures... you never know. :Sinking:

BTW, had a great time tonight. Im staying around here tomorrow to get things done so maybe we can run em again in the afternoon.

ray schrauwen
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks man, yeah, wish I did this before it cracked, Grrrrr....

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
You know what they say about hind site.... :cursing:

ron1950
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
maybe ill crack it and be the first in line for a new tiqueman origenal mg hatch cover .... had a good time also....poor batteries took a hour apeace to get back up to voltage.....thanks to bill for sending me that vid of the stelitto staggering around the pond...i will raise the angle of the motor and take some right turn out of it for tomorrow's performance lol

tiqueman
11-05-2010, 10:54 PM
maybe ill crack it and be the first in line for a new tiqueman origenal mg hatch cover .... had a good time also....poor batteries took a hour apeace to get back up to voltage.....thanks to bill for sending me that vid of the stelitto staggering around the pond...i will raise the angle of the motor and take some right turn out of it for tomorrow's performance lol

Yeah but then your going home w/ a non functional boat. No es bueno!

ron1950
11-05-2010, 10:55 PM
either way i win lol...and hh gets another mg hatch cover order...when is the dive party for the mini rio? have u ever taken the kiaack out to the grave site it might be in sight

johnf
11-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Ray, that hatch looks great!

Boomer
11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
The carbon fiber windshield looks very cool and intimidating!
Boomer

tiqueman
11-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I got a hatch coming from the LHS.. will have it Wednesday. Its also coming w/ a hull and electronics AND hardware. :w00t:

blackcat26
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Good job Scott! Gonna be in the Geico club now. Gonna twin it or keep it singular?

tiqueman
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
either way i win lol...and hh gets another mg hatch cover order...when is the dive party for the mini rio? have u ever taken the kiaack out to the grave site it might be in sight

I took the Kayak out today. I found the hatch for the mini rio, but no boat yet. :frusty: Water is getting clear though. when I lost it you couldnt see a foot down. Now visibility is about 4 feet. I was going to dive it today but dont wanna fly solo in a gator pit and none of my friensds who are dumb enough to go w/ me were available to play wingman.

Good job Scott! Gonna be in the Geico club now. Gonna twin it or keep it singular?

Gunna stay singular. I may use it as my race boat. Inexpensive club fun. I saw what the hulls are going to go for empty and thought if I was going to pay that much for an empty hull, I might as well get the whole shibang. My LHS gives me great discounts and after talking to him about getting a hatch, I couldnt pass it up. And after seeing one in person... its hard not to want one. THANKS RON!!!!

ron1950
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
gators wont attack u when looking for a boat.....lol...just ask the gator for some help cleaning out his pond lol

scoota
11-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Another one bites the dust , i reinforced the flat section of the hatch & the top of the bubble & this is what happened LOL ... Good idea , laying cloth in the bubble section Ray , i guess that whats i will be doing when i get my third hatch :doh: What really sucks is the hatch is so cheap to buy , but 47 bucks to ship a 15 dollar part to OZ !!!!!! cause of its size , oh well

ray schrauwen
11-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Yikes man!!!! RECALL! LOL.... I keed...

I think I'll be buying a FG one...

Boomer
11-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Stand by fellows, Rich @ GET U SUM Inc. is making up a new hatch, stronger and perhaps even nicer looking. I will be checking with him Monday to see when he will be able to ship some of his new hatches.

He posted some questions on this thread for folks to respond to, but I don't know if any of you did, or not. He really knows his stuff from what I have seen, and if he offers us a high quality and none breakable hatch, I will certainly get one.

Most of you know by now that the inner hatch cover (water tight) doesn't float. While a replacement is not expensive, it is a pain to lose one.

I played around with adding some flexible foam on the under side of the inner hatch, then did my usual "tub testing" to see if it would float. It does, and the foam didn't add much weight to the boat. So, now if mine comes off at least I'll still have that piece of the boat.

Boomer

ron1950
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
boomer are u crashing that hard? do u tape the clear cover down at all? and the top cover? knock on wood but i havent flipped my geigo yet but know there is a flip in there somwhere lol...i dont spare the tape on the inner and outer cover though

Boomer
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey Ron,
I have not flipped any of my boats (yet). I am not the one building the replacement hatch. The gentleman who offered to build a replacement hatch, is a manufacturer of high performace RC boats, much larger than these boats, like 5' long. Very cool stuff, so he likes making things that are durable. His name is RICH, not to be confused with Rick (me)

There have been a number of guys on this and another forum that have flipped them and cracked or broken them, some have even lost the inner cover, as it came off and sank.

I have seen photos of some of his boats, and would love to have one, but I don't have that kind of extra storage space or the type vehicle to hull it around.

Taping things done is unforutunately part of the hobby. I have a Genesis and without some clever designing of inner hatch cover, tape it is. To keep them in place I am installing some push lock devise.

I think if Rich makes a new canopy, he may add his own touches to make it better looking. Not sure, but his boats look pretty cool.

Boomer

ron1950
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
sounds good man....unfortunitly bigger boats mean bigger money out lays....i like you cant afford em or store em .....

airman66285
11-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey Ron,
I have not flipped any of my boats (yet). I am not the one building the replacement hatch. The gentleman who offered to build a replacement hatch, is a manufacturer of high performace RC boats, much larger than these boats, like 5' long. Very cool stuff, so he likes making things that are durable. His name is RICH, not to be confused with Rick (me)

There have been a number of guys on this and another forum that have flipped them and cracked or broken them, some have even lost the inner cover, as it came off and sank.

I have seen photos of some of his boats, and would love to have one, but I don't have that kind of extra storage space or the type vehicle to hull it around.

Taping things done is unforutunately part of the hobby. I have a Genesis and without some clever designing of inner hatch cover, tape it is. To keep them in place I am installing some push lock devise.

I think if Rich makes a new canopy, he may add his own touches to make it better looking. Not sure, but his boats look pretty cool.

Boomer

No tape needed for me - I created my own hatch lock and it works great! I got so sick of taping the canopy on every run with my other boats so I did this on the MG. I have never been close to flipping her and she is running in the mid-50's with a Leopard 4074 2000kV motor on 4S.

Boomer
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Airman
Very nice job. What prop are you running with this combo and what ESC? What does the latch look like on the outside of the canopy? Do you think the Leopard 4074 2000kV motor on 4S would do well in a Genesis? One of my Mentors on this forum likes these motors, and have been starting to shop around for one or two.
One last question, what voltage are your batteries, and what mah rating are they? Your installation is very clean!

Thank you.
Boomer

tiqueman
11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
ESC looks like the Turnigy 180. Voltage is 14.8, 4S.. probably 2 2S packs in series I would think? Theres a guy in the local club running the 2000 on 4S in the Genesis. It seems to be just under 50. Not sure what his amp draw is but if I remember correctly hes running the same esc.

Not trying to step on your toes Airman... just answering what I can figure out.

Boomer
11-10-2010, 02:20 AM
I have a couple of new 120A Turnigy ESCs and thought I use one in the Genesis after the factory provided ESC dies. I like to run the boats as they come, then start making changes to improve their performance, but not to the point they are unreliable or too fast for the hulls design to handle.
I like them to go 40 to 50 if they go faster, I take it but I am good at these speeds.
Thank you for your info.
Boomer

ray schrauwen
11-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Meanwhile, back on the Geico Canopy Farm........

scoota
11-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Meanwhile, back on the Geico Canopy Farm........

:lol::thumbup1:

blackcat26
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Reinforced mine today with some Carbon/Kevlar also. Seems much stronger and hopefully will handle a spill at "twin" speeds. Put it down with CA and then went back over it with some FG resin for extra strunth.

tman52804
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Looks very nice!

ray schrauwen
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Very nice! I never got the knack of using CA with any cloth type materials.

blackcat26
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks! CA I figured would grab the plastic the best. It's a slow and expensive way to put down cloth. Went through a $5 bottle of loctite on the hatch.

scoota
11-13-2010, 05:32 AM
Reinforced mine today with some Carbon/Kevlar also. Seems much stronger and hopefully will handle a spill at "twin" speeds. Put it down with CA and then went back over it with some FG resin for extra strunth.

Nice job :thumbup:

merc502
11-13-2010, 07:19 AM
The carbon kevlar looks great. In the middle of doing the same thing. also removeing the scoops to make it look like the turbine version.

blackcat26
11-13-2010, 08:46 AM
One last thing. I also cover over the "scoops" with a thin pc. of carbon fiber. Use medium CA and made them airtight. Two reasons for this, 1, the countour would be too hard to follow with cloth and B, it makes the lid float in case it gets seperated from the boat. Not that I have lost one or anything, cough cough.

merc502
11-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Stand by fellows, Rich @ GET U SUM Inc. is making up a new hatch, stronger and perhaps even nicer looking. I will be checking with him Monday to see when he will be able to ship some of his new hatches.

He posted some questions on this thread for folks to respond to, but I don't know if any of you did, or not. He really knows his stuff from what I have seen, and if he offers us a high quality and none breakable hatch, I will certainly get one.

Most of you know by now that the inner hatch cover (water tight) doesn't float. While a replacement is not expensive, it is a pain to lose one.

I played around with adding some flexible foam on the under side of the inner hatch, then did my usual "tub testing" to see if it would float. It does, and the foam didn't add much weight to the boat. So, now if mine comes off at least I'll still have that piece of the boat.

Boomer

very interested in one of the hatches when avalible. knocked mine off the work bench today and the corner shatered:doh:

ray schrauwen
11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Rich was hoping others would respond here. I have spoken to him on emails.

Rich, I think FG is fine. Please put me on the list for one.

Others will follow Rich, trust me. This canopy is made like an egg shell, sorry, it's the only major weakness of the whole boat.

Rich also seemed worried that people would not reward him for his efforts. I say the hatch is worth $40-$45 in FG. That is comparing it to the aftermarket hatches for the Mean Machine that are only a cosmetic and taping ease changes, that hatch is $35 at OSE. So a $10 more I don;t think is much to ask for a decent canopy of Glass.

Boomer
11-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I just talked with Rich @ GET U SUM Inc. regarding his offer to make stronger MG style canopies. He told me has finished the mold for the new MG style canopy. He will be laying up canopies this week with and be offering some custom scoop options: one for the top of the canopy and two reverse vents as another option that would be mounted on the rear area of hatch. He said he can send them to us to install or he can do it. He may have other cool things to customize your boats.

Rich told me that his new hatches will be at least 5 times stronger than the original, and he said if you break it, he'll replace it for free. He advised they will be gel coated in Geico green to match the hull.

He asked all those who are interested to contact him directly for details and to be put on the list. His e-mail rjteam@aol.com

Please don’t use the forum to contact him. He does not want to abuse the OSE forum.

Boomer

tiqueman
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Note to all from my previous posts. Seeing what a hard time Im having getting the green matched, in either paint or Gelcoat, for now, Im leaving this to Rich. Ive made the mold for the exact replica, but other than producing mine, that may be as far as it gets. Thanks for all the inquiries.
Look for my other projects soon to come...
-Scott

ron1950
11-14-2010, 08:06 PM
hey scott flipped the geigo today finally ...no damage.....was a shade too rough to run fast into the wind now that it has a 1800 motor.....wonder if i need to lift the strut up a shade again.....as its probably only 3 mph faster then a new geigo with a 642 on it.....no heat prob with the 45a esc thoughwe have too many geigos up here now so going to paint the front half a pinkish color and rename it pier 57 like the real boat......as soon as we got all the boats back on shore the wind dies and it gets glassy....figures

getusum
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
REF: "GEICO PERFORMANCE CUSTOM HATCH" Thanks for the reply, and interest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in process of making some of the most detailed parts know in this industry.........

Hulls ranging from 42" Skaters, 45"-55" Scarabs, Cigarette, 62" Apaches, 46" Cats,, 67" Skater, 74" MTI Cat, as well as anything anyone wants made. All hulls are light weight, strong, and are all 100% hand made, NO CHINA hulls here,,,,NOT TO OFFEND,, we are in to custom top of the line fabrication, and NOT into mass production < as you see with Vacuumed formed plastic >

We are NOT apposed to making other Hulls for the Electric Boaters, tell us what you want, as we know NOTHING about them, we are more into large scale, multi engine gas boats.

We do this for the love of it, and our prices we will always keep as minimal as possible, however we will not cut corners.

We will have as many pictures as possible up by Wed-Thursday, on a few OPTIONS to include, on this hatch as we have move it ahead of everything else due to the interest and demand... ( hatch est cost , 40- 45.00 , if there is more orders the cheaper they are to make, as the cost of the molds runs the price up)

Scoops, Rear vents, scale mirrors,, and other options,

If there is a certain scoop, Hatch or Vent you would like send me a picture, as I may have it already , or can make it. Hulls as well, send it to me and we will customize it to your specs,, Please note GET U SUM inc. WILL not copy another hull, and produce as is, without major changes to it, "

There will be the option of real drivers with steering, throttles , with a clear window ( as a package), in the next 2-3 weeks, molding drivers now.., this can always be added, at a later time.......

I like custom work, so the sky is the limit on what I can do... Custom paint, and decals ( mild to wild ), , Dashes , Gauges, throttles, railings,, Swim platforms , Vents,,, you name it we will have it all here shortly, as our business is based on super detailed scale boats, and hardware.

We do not like "plain" we like to do things others do not have to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

These hatches as well as any of my products will have a warranty , simple,,, if you break it, , ( stepping on it or a wrecking it not covered) ,,,it will not break,,,if it does ship back for a full free replacement,, do not worry will not happen,,,lol)

Please: send me name address phone # and anything special you want to them as I can do all,,,I am making a file now, ( Just for the Geico Performance hatch up grade") the Quan. you would like
Color? etc.

Standard Geico Green ( as close as possible, as there seems to be a variance on 2 hulls I have here?) , or Gray, Black, White, or Custom painted...

The Hatch ,,,scoops, and I will have a few other items for the boat as well. I have them under way now.

And as always if you want something, or see a picture, or have an idea, we most likely can make it, from Hulls, to parts...

Thanks again,
Richard and Kele' Jones

GET U SUM inc.
9434 Sandy Lane
Manvel, Texas 77578
Office 281.331.5422
Mobil 713.705.6733 www.getusuminc.com
** THE WEBSITEWILL BE DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS FOR REPAIRS**

**Looking for a Professional and RELIABLE web site person!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

lectriglide
11-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I'll have to pay Rich a visit and check out the place - just a few minutes from me. NICE!!!:rockon2:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=9434+Sandy+Lane,+Manvel,+TX+77578&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.259599,54.931641&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=9434+Sandy+Ln,+Manvel,+Brazoria,+Texas+77578&ll=29.423432,-95.362186&spn=0.001149,0.001676&t=h&z=19

getusum
11-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Come by anytime,

where are you located???

lectriglide
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Come by anytime,

where are you located???

Live in League City, work close to Sugarland. Looks like you're sorta in between.

getusum
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
288 and hwy 6,,, you pass me all the time,,where do you work at...

e-mail ma

rjteam@aol.com

Boomer
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I spoke with Rich today regarding the status of his replace hatch. He almost ready to go, but is working on a few custom features he will be offering to enhance the appearance of our boats.

He feels he is going be able to match the color but advised that not all Geicos are the same color. He has two at his shop and there is a slight difference in the two boats color. Albeit slight, it is logical that boat color will vary from batch to batch.

From what he is telling me, his replacement hatches will be very cool. He will let me know more after Thanksgiving.

Boomer

ray schrauwen
11-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Before the broken Hatch...

Cold day in Canada

blackcat26
11-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Ray, mine still cracked last weekend even though it was heavily reinforced.....Just the plastic not the carbon/kevlar.

ron1950
11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
wow guess i have been lucky ...flipped mine for the second time yesterday came down on the hatch and no damage....knock on wood......

blackcat26
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Course mine was pushing sixty when it blew over also......

ron1950
11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
ya forgot u are running twins lol

ray schrauwen
11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Bring on the FG hatches.

I'm keen on seeing what he comes up with for cowls & options.

getusum
11-24-2010, 02:47 PM

What ounce Carbon did you use? surprised it would take the corners so well.....GREAT JOB

...Hatches I am working on 3 different designs, I am going as fast as I an , however they will be worth the wait.

I have put this in front of a bunch of stuff. should have pictures up Friday night, for orders..

Most of my stuff is for larger boats so I had to hand make al the plugs for the new scoops...

what about a Elect,,king of shaves?? I have a blank hull, I want to get going? if you have any parts, let me know, how fast can i get this boat to run???

tiqueman
11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
EKOS will do about 70 on twin 10Xls, 6S :thumbup:

blackcat26
11-25-2010, 08:50 AM
What ounce Carbon did you use? surprised it would take the corners so well.....GREAT JOB

...Hatches I am working on 3 different designs, I am going as fast as I an , however they will be worth the wait.

I have put this in front of a bunch of stuff. should have pictures up Friday night, for orders..

Most of my stuff is for larger boats so I had to hand make al the plugs for the new scoops...

what about a Elect,,king of shaves?? I have a blank hull, I want to get going? if you have any parts, let me know, how fast can i get this boat to run???

I got it from hobby king and they don't list the cloth weight on their sire. It's fairly thin maybe 5-6oz??? Pretty decent quality for the money.

ray schrauwen
11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I use this too, it would be 5-6 oz/sqyd. cloth.

getusum
11-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Well I have done my best, and what I thought was a close match to the gelcote , well will not fly in my book, so all of them will have to be painted.

This has been a time cosuming, and expensive deal, , however I said I would do it, and Iwill

I have the optional scoops laid up, and I think they look so much better than the original,

I am laying up a canopynow , and will cut all the old ones off , and do a moch up, so everyone tell me what scoops choices you want.

Thik I will stick with the bigger boats, lol

Does anyone have 2 items, I want a genisis hull, and I need a replecement hatch for my gas Seagad , I had it on the bench to make mirrors off it, and dropped another hatch on top of it , smash.... just has NOT been my night !!!!!!!!!!!

I will make someone a hell of a offer, a trick custom paint job, for all the stuff I need to get my KOS elect boat going, all I have is the bare hull... or if someone wants it make offer...

How do you attach pictures here, and I will show you the kind of work I do...

Richard
rjteam@aol.com

GET U SUM Racing inc.

getusum
11-25-2010, 11:22 AM
wow I am tired and sure cant spell, nor type,, I hope you can read it, lol

Jeff Wohlt
11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I am ordering some Polystyrene and see if I can pull a few. They will be .80 and should be tough and will not crack or shatter.

ray schrauwen
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Well I have done my best, and what I thought was a close match to the gelcote , well will not fly in my book, so all of them will have to be painted.

This has been a time cosuming, and expensive deal, , however I said I would do it, and Iwill

I have the optional scoops laid up, and I think they look so much better than the original,

I am laying up a canopynow , and will cut all the old ones off , and do a moch up, so everyone tell me what scoops choices you want.

Thik I will stick with the bigger boats, lol

Does anyone have 2 items, I want a genisis hull, and I need a replecement hatch for my gas Seagad , I had it on the bench to make mirrors off it, and dropped another hatch on top of it , smash.... just has NOT been my night !!!!!!!!!!!

I will make someone a hell of a offer, a trick custom paint job, for all the stuff I need to get my KOS elect boat going, all I have is the bare hull... or if someone wants it make offer...

How do you attach pictures here, and I will show you the kind of work I do...

Richard
rjteam@aol.com

GET U SUM Racing inc.

I have an extra EKOS canopy that may fit your Seagad.

Is your seagad the same as the EKOS hatch?

Doby
11-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Ray, I think he said "gas Seagad"

Not sure your whimpy little EKOS would fit that!

getusum
11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
mold are made, just cant make the gel cote match, will have to paint,,,If you are going to take over this , then I will not waiste any more time,,,I have the hatch done, and made extras for it..

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Rich, when you click "post reply" and not type down in the "quick reply" there will be a " ,anage attachments" button, or from the quick reply, click "Go advanced", the youll be on the same page. Click that then another box will pop up, click browse to go to your pictures, then when you have the ones you want, click upload, then post it!

Thats the same problem I had with gelcoat. I couldnt get it to match. I did come up w/ a blend of paint thats spot on though. Im just going to offer mine white or painted to match.. Seems a few are starting to re-scheme thiers.

Also, Ive got an un-run Genesis that I was getting ready to take a part and twin. Its the Artr from Hobby city. If your interested, shoot me a PM, lets talk.

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Also, per you EKOS, I can make all the mounts etc out of carbon.. Im sure you know how and have the ability to, just throwing it out there. But as I mentioned before, that hull is the same as my HOTR that I built. I custom made everyting in it including the CF servo mount. If you need anything, let me know. And as I mentioned, I believe most of the parts are in my build thread as pdf's.

getusum
11-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks,
I did not mean to sound rude about the post, but i have spent a bunch of time, on molds, custom scoops, and all, it will just have to be painted, , I do not want tosend any more time on it, and have 2 people building them, my mold was made of silicoln, and all the scoops 4 options are all done, have a hatch in mold now, going to chop off the stoch stuff and was going to add the top scoop, and the optional side scoops.

I can get the paint matched, but no big deal, if someone wants to buy the mold, it is for sale , I have 75 -85 bucks in materials in it...

or I can build them,,,just let me know what you want to do.

yes e-mail me pictures of the boat...

I will have the hatch for the Skater done this weekend , and you boat hull will be on its wat, Mr Misty creek Boats,,,SIR LOL

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I hear ya on expense. My first BJ mold I ended up w/ enough money in it to purchase a Geico, and then some! Not cheap for sure. Sending you a PM

getusum
11-25-2010, 07:25 PM
No hard feelings,,,I am just a man of my word, I offered to make a mold, make a hatch that would not break, and this one willnot, so I proceeded to do it...

I cant get the gelcote perfect, and close enouchin NOT good in my book!!!

itis right or wrong,,,so only choice is to paint them,,, which is no big deal.

I never expected to make money off this deal, just wanted to help othere, as when I needed help othere have helped,,,that is justthe way I am

I will lay it up, and post some pictures if i can on here, if not Iwill send them to someone, and they can post them,,, I have a ton of time and a few buck in this,,, but what ever we need to do we will..

I have pleanty of other projects to work on,,, maybe someone will want some scoops, I made for it,,

going out to lay one up , and cut off the stock scoops, and glue mine on there, and we will go from there...

send pictures to me @ rjteam@aol.com

getusum
11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
few pic attached, do not know if they will work, if so I will post more later

ron1950
11-25-2010, 10:51 PM
u boys play nice we need your hatches made i can paint mine easyenough.....

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 10:57 PM
I didnt know we wernt playing nice. :confused2:

getusum
11-25-2010, 11:19 PM
ok gloves off, I ant playing nice no more lol

where is my D#$n Pictures, lol

tiqueman
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
ok gloves off, I ant playing nice no more lol

:eek: :hide:

I have to get them tomorrow. Boats still boxed up and is not here. I will grab it in the morning.
Its this package http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11240 As I said, its NIB, never been assmebled to run. I will email you pics asap.

getusum
11-26-2010, 03:00 AM
ok now gloves are off...lol

so who is making these hatches,,, you or I ,,????

tiqueman
11-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Go ahead, After researching it, I think you mentioned about building it first. I didnt see that earlier. What are you laying your up with? I will get you those pics shortly. Waiting on a phone call so I can go grab it.

Guess I have another mold to throw away....

mike c
11-26-2010, 10:21 AM
can any one tell me if the 29 brushless geico blows props like the w m and what is a good aftermarket prop for this boat on 4 s venom 30 c 5000 lipos

tiqueman
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Pics sent

tiqueman
11-26-2010, 11:46 AM
can any one tell me if the 29 brushless geico blows props like the w m and what is a good aftermarket prop for this boat on 4 s venom 30 c 5000 lipos

Cant quote on the "blows props the the W M" but as for props, there still alot of testing going on. If you look in the "race prep" or "what works for me" threads, theres a lot of helpful info.

ron1950
11-26-2010, 12:01 PM
scott how did u lose the 445?

ray schrauwen
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Are they done yet? Are they done yet? Are they done yet? Are they done yet? ..... :)

tiqueman
12-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I dont know what the he!! is going on here. Rich asked who was doing it (me or him) I told him to go ahead, he wanted an email of some things and then dropped of the face of the earth. That was back on the 26th. Its now the 3rd. ????? Rich, where are you??? If hes not around, I will have some ready next week for purchase.

Boomer
12-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I have a call into Rich to get an update on his timing. When I last chatted with him, he was working on matching the MG green paint and/or gel coat. As soon as I hear back from him I'll post that response, or just ask him to post it.
Boomer

Boomer
12-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Gents,
I got an e-mail from Rich with a few photos of what he has been working on. In these photos you can see a whole lot of very nifty looking scoops he has created for adaptation to the MG hatch, and other FE boats as well. In the 3rd picture up in the upper left hand corner, you can see one of the hatches with a new scoop on the top of the canopy.

If I understand correctly, he has made a duplicate hatch with the regular scoops, and another one without scoops that will accept a number of different scoop configurations. I hope to get more details on Saturday when he has a little time to chat.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished products. More info as I get it.
Boomer

getusum
12-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Sorry for the delay , I have been going on this as fast as I can.

I have been working on a bunch of different scoop options for the hatches, I have been sending pictures to Rick to post as I can not get the Darn things to up load.

I am sure Rick will be posting them up in the morning, as they are in primer, and I am working on painting them as we speak. so you can have a better idea, of what they will look like.

I have 2 molds made for the stock hatches, 2 molds for the hatches with NO scoops, and about 30 + different scale scoop options , so everyone can pick and choose a custom look.

All these scoops have takes a ton of time, as they can be used on the Gieco hatch or others as well. They are all super detailed and nice, if you have any other ideas let me know.

I have someone matching the gel cote,I bought a gallon of white, and the tints, and paying him 100 bucks to match it, and if not I can match the paint and paint them.

Can someone explain to me how to re size the photos so they will up load on here. I get frustrated with computers big time!!!!!!!!

I will know if the company was able to match the gel cote, if not matched by Monday I will start laying them up, and I will have the paint matched and paint them.

I will come up with a number system as the website of mine is still not done, if you can build a website , contact me, as I am tired of waiting on this person.

Thanks
Richard
281-331-5422

Boomer
12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok boys, here are some pictures of some of Rich's products to give you an idea of his handy work. I can only load 5 pictures at time so bare with me. I thought it would help to see some of his finished boats to understand that this fellow has skills and produces high quality RC boats and accessories.

He has made it clear to me that he is making the durable replacement hatches to resolve the breakage problem many Miss Geico owners are experiencing, and not as a for profit undertaking. He has told me he wants to recover his costs for building them.

The pictures on the next post are of the plugs and or molds of the canopies and of some of the custom scoops he is making for those looking to add some custom touches to their boats. Do not judge them as finished products, as they are not the finished goods. When they are competed, they will be of the same high quality as his boats.

He will be letting us know when he can start shipping these items in the next few days, according to his message. He has asked me to post these photos on the forum as he is having issues with his computer. I guess I am the messager.

I do know that good things take time.

Boomer

Boomer
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok, here a few more pictures for you guys to see that give you and idea of some of the shapes of the scoops you will be able to get for your new canopies. He sent many more pictures, but I think these are enough for you to understand that there are nifty things coming soon to go along with a hatch/canopy that is going to hold up.
When Rich gives me photos of the finished goods I will pass them along or he will do it if he gets his computer issue resolved
Boomer

ray schrauwen
12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice stuff, looking forward to the finished ones.

tiqueman
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Ill be curious to see what he will be selling these for. Im only making a few dollars each on my BJ hatches using (epoxy and epoxy topcoat, not cheaper gelcoat) and as Im sure Rich knows, the time that goes into one of these, its pretty amazing we sell them for what we do.

Scoops look pretty darn nice. Cant wait to see how the colors come out. I had nothing but issues w/ gelcoat matching the Geico green, same scenario, $97.00 to get a fiberglass shop to match it, they sent it to a different company to see if they could do it to and they even gave up. They could get the color (tint), but not the brightness.

Boomer
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I talked with Rich today, and he has advised he to has not been able to get a color match in gel-coat, and that he has spent a lot of money in materials and is running out of options. He is contacting a commercial auto paint supplier who has suggested they can match the color. He will let us know the out come of that effort.

I contacted Horizon Hobbies today to request they provide their MG customers with a way to touch up and or repair our boats. I pressed a bit harder this time and told them that a number of people had tried unsuccessfully to have the paint matched and that repairs of this kind are a normal part of the hobby and that they have been remiss in not addressing this very real issue.

They promised to present this request to Corporate and to allow a week before he could respond. I don't think it would hurt to have more people call and nicely demand some way to touch up our boats.

If you opt to call them, you need to speak to product support/tech support.

Boomer

tiqueman
12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Ive heard some hulls are slightly different colrs than others.. HOWEVER, mines a dead match to Pactra Flour. Yellow, RC5407 I painted the lip inside my hatch in abouyt a 4" section and cannot find where I painted it.

Boomer
12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Tigueman
That is great news. I just sent a message sharing that info with Rich. I will let you know how it shakes out.!!:thumbup1:
Boomer

tiqueman
12-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I told him yesterday via el telefono

Boomer
12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
You are the Man! Thank you!! Hope this is the color!
Boomer

Boomer
12-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I just got a call back from Horizon Hobbies responding to my inquiry about Miss Geico green
The fellow said he looked into it, and that when they order the boats, they just specified "neon yellow". This of course doesn't help much as there a lot of different neon yellows out there. They have no plans to provide paint for touch up. Nice guys.
Hope Tigueman is on the money on his color info.
Boomer

dano1
12-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I was reading all the problems with the weak canopy and i went to craft store and bought jumbo craft sticks (popcicle sticks) some shoo glue and am amazed as to how much firmer the canopy is now, just allow clearance for the second hull bubble cover and this should also aid in the hatch not sinking to the bottom of the lakes, i ran 2 length wise per sides and then several accross, yes it did add some weight to the hatch but its a heck of alot stronger now, cut a shorter piece across the front where the pin goes thru front. Just a idea i had and thought id share. :)

JackBlack26
12-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Do you have any pictures by any chance of how you reinforced it?

dano1
12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Let me see if i can figure out how to add photo's....ive been having a hell of a time navigating this place

dano1
12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Here's what i did, now that im looking at it i could of put the sticks closer together to have a more uniformed layout but i gained a ton of stiffness on the hatch lid and the shoo goo did not have any affect on the under coating of hatch as far as bleeding thru

dano1
12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I wasn't to concerned with the appearance on the underside of hatch lid after the stick installs but now i wish i put them closer together but also didnt want to have a lot of weight gain or water trapped if i lost cover, i did submerse the hatch upside down and it did float a tad, im going to put some foam in the cockpit bubble just as a precaution toward the rear.

Boomer
12-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Dano
Good idea. You can incorporate some foam strips to the underside as well, which will provide the hatch to give it better floation.
Boomer

getusum
12-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I have a call into 3 suppliersof the paint, as afall back plan, in case the PPG shop cat match it...I have been painting and matching colors since I was 15... I tried it and I could get close, but not exact,,,,Ido know we will have to put a white base down

I ahve been up all night, getting the final preperations for all of the ( yes I went overboard on the scoops big time, but there should be something everyone will like

any last request on scoops,,,send NOW e-mail them direct to me please rjteam@aol...

I will be so happy when I get a web site back up and going,,,still paying all the monthly fees

I hope to have the scoops in paint so everyone can pick what they like, for those who pre ordered the hatches , you will recieve free shipping... this applies to the people who e-mailed me, as I never dreamed this would take so much time ,I have been doig my best,,,hatch Noproblem,,,paint, and scoops well that took a while

,, my shop rate is 65.00 per hour,,,well lets just say 1 need to sell a ton of these...

if for some odd reason you want one in primer let me know, I am starting to lay these up counting on the paint to match..
the scoops will work on many other boats as well so spread the news, untill I can get this website up and going...

as soon as someone smashes a Genisis I want to copy it, as a wall hanger,,, ( no bad carma intended....)

has anyone had any luch trying to buy in bulk from Horrace, on e=bay,,,I need to buy about 5000.00 -7000.00 worth of misc items for other builds...

I need a whosaler,,,any help would be apperciated.........

Sorry again for all the delays,,,been doing the best I can for yall

Richard

Please e-mail me, as I have all notices turned off, as I was getting 60 to 75 a day..

rjteam@aol.com

ron1950
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
dont wnat to read 5 pages so just what price are we talking about for a new hatch? i dont even need it painted as my mg is in the paintshop right now......thanks

blackcat26
12-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Here's what i did, now that im looking at it i could of put the sticks closer together to have a more uniformed layout but i gained a ton of stiffness on the hatch lid and the shoo goo did not have any affect on the under coating of hatch as far as bleeding thru

I'm sure that has strengthened it up a lot but the main weak spot is the sharp bend where the cockpit is. (teardrop) That is where it will crack when provoked.

ray schrauwen
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a call into 3 suppliersof the paint, as afall back plan, in case the PPG shop cat match it...I have been painting and matching colors since I was 15... I tried it and I could get close, but not exact,,,,Ido know we will have to put a white base down

I ahve been up all night, getting the final preperations for all of the ( yes I went overboard on the scoops big time, but there should be something everyone will like

any last request on scoops,,,send NOW e-mail them direct to me please rjteam@aol...

I will be so happy when I get a web site back up and going,,,still paying all the monthly fees

I hope to have the scoops in paint so everyone can pick what they like, for those who pre ordered the hatches , you will recieve free shipping... this applies to the people who e-mailed me, as I never dreamed this would take so much time ,I have been doig my best,,,hatch Noproblem,,,paint, and scoops well that took a while

,, my shop rate is 65.00 per hour,,,well lets just say 1 need to sell a ton of these...

if for some odd reason you want one in primer let me know, I am starting to lay these up counting on the paint to match..
the scoops will work on many other boats as well so spread the news, untill I can get this website up and going...

as soon as someone smashes a Genisis I want to copy it, as a wall hanger,,, ( no bad carma intended....)

has anyone had any luch trying to buy in bulk from Horrace, on e=bay,,,I need to buy about 5000.00 -7000.00 worth of misc items for other builds...

I need a whosaler,,,any help would be apperciated.........

Sorry again for all the delays,,,been doing the best I can for yall

Richard

Please e-mail me, as I have all notices turned off, as I was getting 60 to 75 a day..

rjteam@aol.com

Ya Man! :rockon2: :banana: :thumbup1:

dano1
12-14-2010, 09:20 PM
blackcat, i read what ya said about the bubble being the weak area and i put a seam of shoo goo along the edges as well, i cant see this not helping the weak edges, mine looks good to, i dolled up the underside with aluminumn tape just in case i have global melt down and installed foam, my lid is pretty dang strong now, yes i gained some weight but i dont think its a factor here, installed a hatch lock from kintec also in the center between the grab post, shouldnt lose this lid if i flip her

Dano

LaMoparPower
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Rich,
Sent you an e-mail..... let me know what you think...

slowroll
12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Where are the new hatch s !! That everyone was talking about?? Did the idea get 86ed or what ? Last heard they were trying to match the color and then nothing ..since the beginning of the month..X mas has come and gone maybe now we will here more about them and maybe they will be ready for sale???!!!:confused1:

Boomer
12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
As I understand it, the color is the problem. I know I have personally gone to two autopaint stores, and they were not able to match the color and suggested because it is a "simi neon" that it will be bugger for anyone to match it.

Testors makes a water based paint that is reported to be a good match, but they only offer it in those tiny bottles. That will work for touch up, but not for painting the area of a hatch.

I have personally asked Horizion Hobbies three times to get some paint for us. All
they could offer was that they specified the color as Neon Yellow.

Rich, a very nice guy, has spend tons of money, making the molds, and trying to match the paint, thus far to no avail. I am sure you can get a hatch from him, and some pretty cool custom scoops, but not painted "Geigo Green" or whatever the heck that color is!:cursing:

I am pretty upset with my friends at Horizon Hobbies for not making at least a good touch up paint available to us.

I don't know what to say, accept thank you to Rich and Tiqueman for trying to come up with a solution for us and for spending their own money to do it.

One answer is to paint your boats in a color that can be matched that is similar.
Proboat sells the decals, so that wouldn't be an issue.

If anyone has more information, please share it with us.
Boomer

ron1950
12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
seems tiqueman has his ready to go with the right color....everyone else is slapping there gums but no action.....tiqueman why dont u just start selling them as u are the only one that is ready to go.....

tiqueman
12-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Yup Im ready to go. Orders can start Jan 1. Ive tried and tried to make a deal w/ Rich about a hull and hardware I have and getting his molds (his suggestion) as he said hes sick of it all and just wants his $ out of it. Ive now not heard from him, still waiting on picture emails about the deal so Im moving forward. Ive got countless emails and PMs about these and I keep holding back b/c of Rich and his product. I didnt want to step on his toes. But as he said before, gloves are now off. I could have had painted to match ones out 7 weeks ago. I know Rich is busy w/ several other things and it is the Holidays, but it would be nice to know whats up????

Start lettin me know who wants one. Parts start Jan 1., First shipping will be 2nd week of Jan.

LiPo Power
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
I am little confused here....
Tiqueman is the one who will make them now, right?
If so, is there a way to see pictures of ready product soon and what will be the price of each please?
Thanks
Robert

Boomer
12-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Tiqueman,
Can I pay you for a small amount of Geigo Green, or what ever we are calling that color?(neon yellow according to Horizon Hobbies) I have a couple of dings I would like to touch up. They are quite small, the kind you get when the boat hits a few little pebbles as it comes into the shoreline.

I need something in the amount of what is in the smallest bottle/jar of their model paint. I think that is 2 or 3 ozs.?

Please let me know if this is possible, and if so how much? I can PayPal you as a gift - usual stuff
Thank you
Boomer

getusum
01-01-2011, 01:06 AM
If I can not make them perfect, and the paint to match perfect I would be better off NOT making them and just take the loss.

I have tried again for the last 3 weeks, and no luck

I would rathre NOT make them then make something that is not right,,, I tried everything I could... you have no clue the time and money I have exhausted on this project,,,but you live and learn...

BTW I do not get on this website that much. that is why I kept saying e-mail me direct...

All I can say Is I tried everything I can , but I will not put on a "water base paint", and have it come off later. then have my reputation shot to u know what...

I am always glad to help anyway I possibly can to anyone, buy I take the upmost pride in everything I do,,,,real simple it is right or wrong,,,no close in my shop,,,and I cannot get it right... well trash it and make a new one.

I am shutting down for about 2 weeks as I have a new roto mold, a new vacumme former I need t get ready, as well as other projects as I have forund a person to get my website up and going... and adding on another 3000 square foot to the R/C Shop.

I am testing ( waiting it to arrive on a process tht will chrome plate plastic,,,this will be great if it really works!!!!!!!!!!) anyone ever tried it??

As soon as the website is up and going and done then you will be able to order scoops, vents custom hatches, hulls hardware, and many new items no others are selling shortly,,, much than trying to send pictures all the time ... the name will be changer to GET U SUM R/C Products INC I believe.

It will have shopping carts, pictures, measurements, and any request I am all ears..

I am all about super detail and super scale.

Most are for Gas boats, but I have a bunch of items for the elect boats ,, that I am sure you guys will like.

Hulls I am working on for electric set ups

42" Skater almost done
40" Cigatrette Top Gun ,,,same
36" Cat

any other request let me know

I should have made sure I could match the pant first,,,well that was a costly mistake for me,,, my problem,,,sorry i held everyone up,,,but I was determined to match it idn PPG Urathane, to go along with the same warranty I give, feel I have hurt my reputatitation on all this ,, and well time to throw the towel in,,, and get back to making the items I can make work........

All my items , paint work come with the same warranty :

If it , fades , break, flakes, peels, you get it redone free, and I am very proud to say I have had I clain in 25 years of dong bussiness,,,and that was a employee forgot to sand a rocker good enough. The water base well that I tried, cleared it , and it came off.. Not risking this at all

If you feel I have personall done oyu wrong e-mail me, and I will bend over backwards to make it right with you.

Tourque man good luck, and hope you sell a ton of them..

Have a GREAT NEW YEAR

Sorry I could not get it right I tried everything I could you have no idea

Richard Jones
rjteam@aol.com

ray schrauwen
01-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks for trying Richard!

tiqueman
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Rich I sent you another email.

Boomer, Im out of the paint as of now and waiting for more to come in. Hope to have it by the end of the week. Once I get them we will work something out. No problem at all. My product supplier for resin etc also dropped the ball on me and forgot to order my epoxy top coat. It was supposed to be in yesterday. I drove 1 hour southt to get it and got an "oh Im sorry.... " Im w/ Rich, this stuff is never easy and you guys have no idea what it takes to make these things happen. BUT, I love it so I keep pushin forward. Once I get ym product in, I will start a new thread in the "Products by OSE Members" section. I was hoping that would be mid next week, but it takes 7 to 10 days to get the epoxy in. I will notify on here when that happens.
-Scott

Boomer
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Scott,
I am good with what works for you. Just let me know what you need from me.

While I don't know how to do what you guys do in this regard, I do understand how
labor intensive it is, and how costly the materials are, and I fully appreciate the time, effort, skills and costs you boys have put forward!
Thank you!!
Boomer

slowroll
01-05-2011, 07:44 PM
When are you going to post some pics and prices? So we can see what you have come up with.. Thank you!!!:confused1: And a web page to place orders???

Boomer
01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
slowroll,
Cool name. Tiqueman (Scott) mentioned in his last post that he is waiting for some paint to arrive, and perhaps a few other items, so that is the delay. Both Tigueman and the other fellow (Rich) have invested a tidy some of money in building molds and probably as much trying to match the freakin color.

I am sure Scott will let us know as soon as he can confirm that paint is the right color and whatever else he has to do to produce the hatches.
I don't know what he is making them out of, but I am hopeful that they are stronger that the factory versions.

Anyway, I am stickin to my statement that these guys are very cool to have stepped up to try to help us out. It is not like they will make a fortune on the sales they will or would have generated on these hatches.
So hang on and I am sure we'll hear as soon as things are ready to rock n roll.
Boomer

tiqueman
01-08-2011, 12:21 AM
When are you going to post some pics and prices? So we can see what you have come up with.. Thank you!!!:confused1: And a web page to place orders???

They will be offered in the "Products by OSE members" part of the forums. Heres the link tot the BJ hatches to get an idea of what I do http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18856 Cant show pics of a painted part because I dont have the topcoat material to lay them up. My supplier dropped the ball on my order first week of Dec. We just identified today that he never place it. I havent established a price yet until I can get one complete and see how it goes. Ive tested a small part and w/ some finess and tweaking I have matched the color. Its not easy and I hope I can get it right on the hatches. If Im not 100% happy, they dont go out. Just like Rich says, its right or its wrong, theres no in between...

slowroll,
Cool name. Tiqueman (Scott) mentioned in his last post that he is waiting for some paint to arrive, and perhaps a few other items, so that is the delay. Both Tigueman and the other fellow (Rich) have invested a tidy some of money in building molds and probably as much trying to match the freakin color.

I am sure Scott will let us know as soon as he can confirm that paint is the right color and whatever else he has to do to produce the hatches.
I don't know what he is making them out of, but I am hopeful that they are stronger that the factory versions.

Anyway, I am stickin to my statement that these guys are very cool to have stepped up to try to help us out. It is not like they will make a fortune on the sales they will or would have generated on these hatches.
So hang on and I am sure we'll hear as soon as things are ready to rock n roll.
Boomer

Thanks Boomer. Yup, it can be a PITA, but someones got to do it right? They will be layed up just as my BJ hatches, epoxy resin w/ a white epoxy topcoat rather than gelcoat. The epoxy topcoat is stronger, more resistant to cracks and very importantly allows paint to grab much better than gelcoat. I cut no corners on these. I build each one as its my own. I can lay them up cheap w/ polyester resin ($15 per qt including hardener) and Gelcoat ($18. per qt including hardener) but instead I use West Systems Epoxy ($38. per qt epoxy, $42. per qt harderner) and Adtech epoxy topcoat ($57. per qt) My BJ hatches are $35.00 unpainted. Theres only a few dollars profit after cloths, brushes, mold release agents etc etc. Let alone the few hours it takes to lay one up. I spent hundreds of dollars testing different methods before I released the BJ hatches. To the point we took hatches out front (painted and non painted) and slammed them into the street just to see how they held up. then we put some on two boats and tried to roll them as hard as we could. W/ a BJ26, its not that difficult to get some crazy action crashes. I even rolled one onto the shore just to see. Hull cracked, bent prop, boat rolled 3 or 4 times. Not a flaw in the hatch. Next day they went up for sale. :thumbup1:

getusum
01-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Scott,
Too a break and logged on here,,,I have searched all through my e-mail and I have No e-mails from you,,,, send again, will help you any way I can

AGAIN TO ALL SORRY I COULD NOT GET THE PAINT RIGHT,,, I SHOULD HAVE A WEBSITE BACK UP ( CROSSING FINGERS SHORTLY, TO SHOW CASE A BUNCH OF NEW PRODUCTS,

THE SKATER IS ALMOST DONE FOR A ELECT BOAT, WITH SME COOL HATCHES, AND MOULDING THE 40' TOP GUN NOW.

WHAT OTHER BOATS DO YOU WANT TO SEE MADE, LIKE I HAVE SAID ALL MINE ARE VERY DETAILED AND ALL TO SCALE...

STILL E-MAIL TO RJTEAM@AOL.COM AS SALES@GETUSUMINC.COM IS WORKING ON AND OFF NOW

RICHARD
281-331-5422

ray schrauwen
01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
You guy are tops! Thank you for your hard work!

CHIEFY_44
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
hi everyone i am new so take it or leave it but the nearest color match i have found to mg is a tamiya color ps 27 i think it is just thought i would put my share into this thread

Boomer
01-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Have you tried this color on your boat? If you have some of that paint post a picture of the paint on something next to the hatch or whatever. If it is a match I will be heading over to my local hobby shop in the morning if it is a match.

Thanks
Boomer

ray schrauwen
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
hi everyone i am new so take it or leave it but the nearest color match i have found to mg is a tamiya color ps 27 i think it is just thought i would put my share into this thread

Thats what I was going to use. For a whole repaint if required some day, or if I spec the bottom, or twin it out to touch it up etc...

They have nice clear coats and pearls too.

Goes on great but it will not hide mistakes. Dries fast. I like it but, its not cheap.

ray schrauwen
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Actually you would use this, not the PS paint because that is for clear poly car bodies.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?sub-id=61500

TS, acrylic Laquers

Boomer
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Ray is right as usual. I didn't see that same color in the TS series of paint. Too bad!:cursing:

Wonder if they'd make some?
Boomer

From Tamiya's web site
PS-27 Fluorescent Yellow - 100ml Spray Can
Item #86027
These spray paints were developed especially for decorating transparent polycarbonate bodies used in R/C car modeling. Each can contains 100ml of paint, which is the appropriate amount for finishing the model. Paint the body from the inside, keeping the can about 30cm from the surface. After curing apply another coat as necessary. These paints are impervious to oil and fuels, so they can be safely used on gas-powered R/C bodies. Note: Never use these paints on plastic models.

This one is as close but not a match.
TS-22 Light Green - 100ml Spray Can
Item #85022

Tamiya Color Spray TS
These cans of spray paint are extremely useful for painting large surfaces. The paint is a synthetic lacquer that cures in a short period of time. Each can contains 100ml of paint, which is enough to fully cover 2 or 3, 1/24 scale sized car bodies. Tamiya spray paints are not affected by acrylic or enamel paints. Therefore, following the painting of the entire assembly, details can be added or picked out using enamel and/or acrylic paints. By combining three different paints, the decoration of plastic models will become simpler and more effective.

ray schrauwen
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Eventually I'll get to my LHS and see the swatch on the can.

The swatches online don't alaways look right.

...and I'm not always right. I got bitch slapped once because I was soooo sure the proboat 2900kv motor was a 28mm can with cooler.... It's a 36mm can + cooler.... That'll teach me.

Boomer
01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
People can be so touchy about the littlest things! I talked with Horizon Hobbies again today, begging them to get their supplier to provide touch up paint to sell MG owners.
This person actually seemed interested and said she'd share my request with the right people. Time will tell.
This color is a real pain, why couldn't they have made the darned boats in Geico yellow in stead of Neon Yellow! :cursing::mad:

CHIEFY_44
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
i have used the ts range on plastic as well as fiberglass and never had a problem but i may have been lucky, and as far as dont use on plastic i deffo used it on lexan which i believe is a form of plastic, as to the swatch or color of the cap this ts27 is as close as i have seen anywhere and i have been to loads of lhs in my area believe me

pyroM!KE
01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Im not sure that the lids on these mg's are lexan..Ive never seen lexan shatter..It will tear but not shatter..Believe me..I have a 1/5th scale baja 5t and lexan is tough! These just need to be made out of lexan! thats it..Problem solved! and lexan is cheap!

Boomer
01-14-2011, 06:24 PM
promike
If they were made out of Lexan, they would be very expensive and a lot heavier.
Lexan is an engineered plastic that is used in airplane windows, cocpits and shatter resistant light post covers etc.

Simply stated, Lexan would be an unnecessary expense. The stock covers are most likely an inexpensive thermoplastic that was vaccum formed and then painted. That is how they got it to have a see through window in the canopy. It may be the same material as the inside cover only thicker?

The two fellows who have been trying to match this stinking color made molds for fiberglass canopies. I know that if Rich had been able to get the color matched, he said if you broke one of his hatches, he'd replace it for free.

Oh well. Tiqueman is still working on his color and Rich still has his molds if and when these freakin color can be matched.

Boomer

johnf
01-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah it sucks the color is so hard to match, but it sure looks great.

pyroM!KE
01-14-2011, 09:33 PM
OMG! Really? SO what if its twice as heavy. Im a basher not a racer..Im buying some 4 cell 4000 packs to put in...Have you ever seen a baja 5t body? They are almost a mm thick and 3 foot long..There not heavy at all..lmfao..WOW
And really..how much would a less than square foot of lexan really weigh compared to the cheezy made in china plastic they use?
Really? I cant believe I got that response

You can buy a slash 1/10th scale body for like 25 bucks..I would pay 8 more dollars for a shatter proof lid at the expence for an extra ounce..hehe LOL

Lexan is light and very durable.Besides it wouldnt be any heavier at all!!!!

I bet the only reason they didnt use lexan was because of the cheap paint thay used would stick to the cheap plactic they used and not to lexan..This is retard3d

Boomer
01-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Mike
I have no interest in debating or exchanging any sarcasm with you. My comments are only offered as food for thought or just to add to the conversation. I spent 30 years in the plastics industry and on occasion will add a thought or two on things I may have a point of view to share. That is all. Nothing to more.

There are many more practical materials they could have used to provide the boat with a more durable canopy. Heck, with just a little reinforcement, the stock hatch can be made stronger and at very little expense.

I have put some braces inside my hatch, and am not overly concerned about it breaking. I spend more time trying to figure out what speed control for what motor for what batteries for what props to use. Compared to that stuff, the canopy issue, is a non-issue.

Be well
Boomer

pyroM!KE
01-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Ohh I wasnt trying to argue..I just thought it was funny..

Boomer
01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Glad to hear that. Texting can be missunderstood on occasion. We all have to take care to text in ways that won't send a message other that what we intend.

I don't like texting very much on my phone for the same reason. It works great for data. I like the old fashion forms, like talking with someone.

Thanks
Boomer

tiqueman
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Just an update, ive got the color... Ive had the color. Molds have been done... Fiberglass shop is dragging a$$ on getting my epoxy surface coat.

And on a note of the recent conversation, another FYI. Mike, Ive been racing cars/ trucks both on and off road for 22 years. Ive had some violent crashes and you are exactly right, leaxn does not shatter... BUT!!!!!! Welcome to the world of FE boats. Im only guessing that because water impacts a lot differently than hard surfaces being the ground or other vehicles, trees or mail boxes. Water, unlike a hard surface, can apply extreme force on an entire part, not just a 3 inch area. I only speculate this as Im no plastic engineer, but there are a few folks on here with pics to prove that lexan parts (ie windows in fiberglass canopies) can and will shatter if hit hard enough. Ask me how I know. But I do agree, quality lexan would have been a better alternative to whatever hard brittle plastic PB uses.

**This was for informative purposes only, not to get into a war of strength or characteristics of anything, I only know what Ive said from experience of my own and others.** :laugh:

Boomer
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Tiqueman
Any news on the paint situation? Tamiya is out of that paint, and my LOH doesn't have any. I am on to be contacted list when Tamiya gets the paint.
Just checkin.
Boomer

tiqueman
01-24-2011, 12:27 PM
No new news other than I just got a call this am that my epoxy surface coat is in.

ray schrauwen
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Cool.

I will try to get a lime green or flourescent Yellow can of Tamiya at a local HS.

LiPo Power
01-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Ray
I am not sure when I will get to LHH so get 2, 1 for me please if you will find the right color please...
Thanks
Robert

Cool.

I will try to get a lime green or flourescent Yellow can of Tamiya at a local HS.

pyroM!KE
01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Heres some guys.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRS57&P=7

ray schrauwen
01-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Or this, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSDA1&P=**Missing Data**

LIME green, maybe closer????? Maybe not?

tiqueman
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I give up, Im not doing painted versions. If you want one, they are 1000 dollars. :sarcasm1:
I will have epoxy white hatches out, if theres interest in them, as soon as I lay up 7 BJ hatches and a boat hull. So probably a couple weeks. Ive completely lost interest in painting them. WAAAAAY to much money into getting one to match to what I would feel comfortable shipping to someone. I did one, came out perfect, did I second and I couldnt get it to match, $55.00 of paint later, I gave up and smashed the hatch. :cursing:

In all honsty, Id love to sell some and make the money, but seriously, buy a new PB hatch, get it home, spend a couple hours and re-infoce it w/ epoxy resin and regular mat and or cloth and call it done. (If you want to keep the Geico green scheme) If you have to buy a whole qt of epoxy to do it, find one of your friends locally who uses it and use some of thiers as its going to cost you over 50 dollars just to get the resin and hardener material in the smallest quantities you can buy them. If you dont know someone, ship me your hatch and for a small fee I will lay it up. Or, like I said above, spend a little less money between 2 ways of shipping, the hatch and my cost to strengthen one, and get the epoxy white one and repaint your boat, or use the color I mentioned earlier, by itself and it will be close but not perfect.

johnf
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Thx for the effort bud.

Boomer
01-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Has anyone tried either one on their MG? I attached pictures of both colors and one of a MG canopy. What do you think? The lime green appears to be close but not perfert. I am trying to find some of this paint locally, so I can see it first hand and put a dab on the edge of the canopy to see how close it really is. It might work for a minor touch up, but doubt it would work for a major repair.
Boomer

tiqueman
01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Thx for the effort bud.

I appreciate it.

CHIEFY_44
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
neither of those colours its more yellow than green, i have looked around abit and pactra have another colour thats dam close but forgot the code , next time i am at the shop i will look ok

ray schrauwen
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I might end up repainting the whole thing eventually anyway.

the5
01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
this looks on the money
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFFS8&P=7

Boomer
01-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Ok, it looks like were are getting pretty close. :bounce: I just ordered can of the Tamiya PS-8 Polycarbonate Spray Light Green. It will be interesting to see if it will have the same neon affect.
As soon as the paint arrives, I will test it and post the results.
I sure hope this works.

Boomer

ray schrauwen
01-29-2011, 12:37 AM
The poly carb stuff may not lay down well.

tiqueman
01-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I agree. And chances are its flat in color. And Im not sure how clear is going to react over it?

Boomer
01-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Don't know for sure, but the Tamiya paints, like others I've used, denotes the finish of the paint in the same mannor as other spray paint can suppliers, by way of the can's cap's appearance.
Satin is less shinny than gloss and flat appears flat, so I am hopeful this is a gloss
finish.
We'll know next week
Boomer

Boomer
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Just got back from a trip to my local hobby shop, and can report that Tamiya's PS 27 Fluorcent Yellow is about as close as anything I have seen.

I just sprayed the piece of white plastic that is the support for the lifting tabs on the inside of the canopy with this paint, and it looks like the same color as my canopy. I only sprayed a very light coat to see what I'd get and so far so good. This the same paint used to spray RC trucks from the inside, so it may take a few coats to get the paint to cover and I am thinking spraying it on to a white surface will help get the right affect.

Right now it is outside drying. I will check it in the moring to see how it drys. I think this will work for touch ups, a rock ding or other small scratch. I will know more in the am.

I took the canopy into the store to help match the color. The green paints looked good in thier online photos but not in real life. I attached a picture of the transom of my MG and if the color drys like the can's cap it will be a match. :buttrock::bounce:

Boomer

CHIEFY_44
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
here is 2 more for you to look at both are pactra first is pactra 279, next one is from there faskolor line code is 40101

Boomer
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
We looked at both of those and they are too yellow. Thanks anyway. The PS 27 is as close I have seen. The can doesn't say gloss or flat, the cap is shinny, but the paint appears to dry flat. Which can be addressed with clear.

For now it will serve as a touch paint for me.

Boomer

CHIEFY_44
02-01-2011, 09:38 PM
have u thought of mixing ur own color maybe add a bit of lime green to the flo yellow ???

Boomer
02-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Chiefy
If you review this thread back a ways, you will see that there has been two professionals working on this problem for months, as well as their having spent hundreds dollars of their personal funds to try to match this blasted color.

Both of these fine fellows are very familar with matching paints, one even had outside paint companies try it.

I took my boat to two auto paint stores in my area in the hopes they could match it with no luck.

I have been asking Horizon Hobbies to provide touch up paint for their customers, but all they can tell me it that the color they ordered was Neon Yellow, and that their supplier makes up the paint. No help there either.

I have found a color that will address my needs for a touch up paint for incidential dings that can occur in transporting or beaching my boat, so I am good for now.:bounce:

If others want to try, that would be nice and I wish them well.

Boomer

tiqueman
02-02-2011, 12:58 AM

Both of these fine fellows are very familar with matching paints, one even had outside paint companies try it.

Boomer

Both of us tried, numerous, very reputable paint shops. No one can match it.....

thanks for the kind workd Boom :beerchug:

TazMotorsports
02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
The real Miss Geico had the same issues last season.:doh: They just had the whole boat repainted.

Boomer
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
TAZ
There is the answer, if we need a paint job, we just need to contact our local Geico office to let them know. Wish we had of thought of that sooner.
:olleyes:

Seriously, wouldn't that be nice to have a rich sponsor!
Boomer

TazMotorsports
02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Actually the sponsor doesnt pay that much. The owner of the team John Haggin had very deep pockets. He retired last year and gave ownership to the Driver, Throttle Man, Crew Chief, Head Rigger and Team Manager. From what I've heard Geico Has had to contribute more since this happened.