PDA

View Full Version : Pro Boat Coast Guard Boat Prop Problem

gmkelm
10-13-2010, 06:21 PM
We have the Pro Boat Coast Guard Rescue Boat and are having problems with the plastic props.

The main issue is that the plastic props are pressed on to a brass shaft that screws on to the prop shaft - and just about every time the boat is run we lose one or both of the props. The main issue is the plastic part separates from where it is pressed on the brass shaft. We run in a fairly deep water former rock quarry so contact with the bottom is impossible. Other boats (Blackjack 26 BL & Shockwave 26 BL) running in the same water have not experienced the same problem. Both of the other boats are running metal Octura props, BTW.

Does anyone know of replacement props for the boat - I would prefer metal but my LHS says that no prop other than the original is available for the CG boat.

The boat is great fun and looks fantastic in the water, but we are spending too much time rescuing it with the other boats.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks guys.

Mark

Diegoboy
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Do you have a Micrometer or aa digital caliper?

gmkelm
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately we do not have either. Thanks for the response.

Mark

properchopper
10-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Hobby Lobby has Graupner props which will work. I ordered some for my Coast Guard boat & they work well. Go to scale boats; accessories. Carefull, the props are labeled L & R but the pictures are backwards. Caused some confusion when I ordered them.