PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect BEC?

POWERS
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Ive read on here that if you want to run 5s on the MG you need to disconnect the BEC. Is this necessary? If so how the hell do I do that?

hobie
10-13-2010, 10:00 AM
The red wire on the reciever side is the one you want to remove. Use a hobby knife, lift the small tab up that's holding the pin in place, and pull it out. I put a small piece of heat shrink on the pin after. This way you can just slide it back in place if you ever need to hook it up again.

hobie
10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Ive read on here that if you want to run 5s on the MG you need to disconnect the BEC. If so how the hell do I do that?

" Is this necessary? "

YES!!!!! U have to do this. I've never seen what happens if you don't.... But I read and did the same thing. Works great

POWERS
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
How DO i hook up a separate battery for the receiver afterwards?

hobie
10-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm using a life lipo battery. Use a switch setup. Battery to a switch, to the reciever. I glued mine to the original one. I'm not sure why there is two of each.
I put my esc in the same spot as I took it off of. The new plug from your switch goes to the other th input on the reciever.
I had to reverse this on a different speed controller I used. But one of them power the reciever, and the other goes to the esc.
Turn on reciever and get the link before plugging in your big batteries.

hobie
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Sorry, I made a boo boo. The part where I said I don't know why there is two of them... I'm refering to the inputs on the reciever. Two throttle, and two steering.

I had to switch the power from the battery on the reciever to get the speed control to arm.
With the stock one, I just plugged my battery in to the throttle port furthest away from where it was.

Sorry for the confusion

kjohnsiii
12-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Any pics?