PDA

View Full Version : Who is running an aftermarket motor and esc

Avanti
11-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Please let me know what you are running and what mods had to be done for it.

I bought an Ammo 3650 2300kv and I plan on running the stock esc for now (but the esc is my next upgrade). It looks like the only mod for now will be the connectors for the motor. I will be installing this motor after this Sundays meet and testing it next week.

Ratpoo
11-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Avanti, I put a Hydra 120 in my SV27. I had to replace the aquacraft receiver, servo and use a different transmitter as the connectors are all different. What difference a a heavy steel ball servo makes with turning. The Hydra 120 barely gets warm if that. Be ready for an outlay of dollars. I'm working on getting all my boats running off the same crystal and the one transmitter so I was going to have to eventually do this anyway.

Avanti
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
I have to put a new radio in the boat I lost my stock RX and servo due to a dunk on my second run (now I know to tape the hatch in place and I also rerigged the boat with silicone on all the hardware). I have be thinking about the hydra 120 but I don't know if I can part with that kind of cash right now. I was looking on ebay and there are some lower cost option. Any other thoughts on a good ESC?

Thanks, JL

Ratpoo
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Avanti, just been looking at what OSE has to offer. The Pulso 70amp ESC. Has already got 3.5ml bullet connectors. It should easily handle any load the ammo can put on it. Same as the ammo. No soldering. Has water cooling. Just remember to silicon the ends of the ESC itself. I use Selleys Clear. Great stuff. Cheap and off the shelf at any hardware store. At 70amps for $59.99 and sold by OSE it has to be good and it is cheap. That would be my budget choice. Buy a packet of Party ballons and put one over the receiver and tie the end with an electrical tie. Keeps it completely dry. Keep racing and having fun.