PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Spektrum DX2S for FE?

domp444
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
It looks pretty cool. And the temperature and speed features seem pretty handy. Anyone have experience with it and willing to share what they like/don't like about it?

britscoot
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM
you cant use the marine rx with the telemetry.
I hope they bring out a marine telemetry system soon.

domp444
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Ohh that sucks. Well, I hope they do too! Then I'd definitely get it. Thanks :)

electric
10-12-2010, 03:21 AM
I might also point out that the voltage will only measure receiver voltage not your main battery pack voltage. It will also not work for speed measurements in a boat either. The only thing it can do is temp. I know because I own one.
It is still a good radio, just not for telemetry stuff.

siberianhusky
10-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Thats strange! I can read rpm, temp and voltage with mine. No problems what so ever, but true about the lack of a telemetry marine rx.
I use the telemetry rx for set up then change over to a marine rx. Handy for that but I wouldn't base a purchase on those options to be honest they are kinda useless! I find it way to hard to check the screen while driving a boat. It does log the max values of each parameter but if you prop leaves the water and the rpm spikes that is what is recorded.
There is a Futaba 3 cahnnel available now I would have bought before the Spektrum if it was available then. I got mine on a boxing day sale, if I waited till spring it would be the Futaba.
This is the first non Futabe radio I've owned in over 20 years, it's a good radio, I've had no problems with it at all have to see how it lasts!
The telemetry works exactly like they say it will, I just think it would be more useful in a car!

electric
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Thats strange! I can read rpm, temp and voltage with mine. No problems what so ever, but true about the lack of a telemetry marine rx.
I use the telemetry rx for set up then change over to a marine rx. Handy for that but I wouldn't base a purchase on those options to be honest they are kinda useless! I find it way to hard to check the screen while driving a boat. It does log the max values of each parameter but if you prop leaves the water and the rpm spikes that is what is recorded.
There is a Futaba 3 cahnnel available now I would have bought before the Spektrum if it was available then. I got mine on a boxing day sale, if I waited till spring it would be the Futaba.
This is the first non Futabe radio I've owned in over 20 years, it's a good radio, I've had no problems with it at all have to see how it lasts!
The telemetry works exactly like they say it will, I just think it would be more useful in a car!

I get that you can do the rpm and temp. How are you doing the voltage?? The voltage reading is built into the receiver so it gives you the voltage the receiver is getting, but NOT the voltage your batteries are supplying to the motor which is what I really want to track.

Hopefully, you are going to tell me I missed something, because it would be great if I could do this.

domp444
10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'll stick with my tactic system for now. I'll wait for something more marine oriented to come out.

chummer
10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I get that you can do the rpm and temp. How are you doing the voltage?? The voltage reading is built into the receiver so it gives you the voltage the receiver is getting, but NOT the voltage your batteries are supplying to the motor which is what I really want to track.

Hopefully, you are going to tell me I missed something, because it would be great if I could do this.

You can monitor main battery pack voltage but not with the SR3300T Telemetry receiver.

Here you go....

http://spektrumrc.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1882

chummer
10-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Hmmmm,,,,I wonder if this can be done with the Marine receiver.:spy:

AndyKunz
10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
With the Marine rx, you need to use a DX8 and TM1000 to get telemetry.

Andy