PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 4082 timming

b.mcdaniel.2009
10-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Just installed my 4082 1600kv motor in my Genesis with a 180amper esc running 5s and made a few passes, gps 56mph at 3/4 throttle with a 48mm prop, no heat at all and used only 1200mah outta my packs. My main question is what to set the timming for the motor?:confused: Plus i think its def. got more to unleach, any suggestions on a different prop????

cacofonix
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
hello

for my 3674, i set my esc to 7°
really amazing motor

herve

b.mcdaniel.2009
10-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Thats what i set my esc at and finally got the chance to do a few wide open passes today(water was much calmer) and WOW this thing flys!!!!! But my temps were not even warm so im thinking bigger prop?????

carlcisneros
10-10-2010, 07:41 PM
take the prop and carefully put just a titch of inward roll on the leading edge close out to the tips.

JUST A SMIDGE at a time.
this will start to narrow the spray down so you get more forward motion instead of super sized rooster tailing.

Carl
remember, RPM equals speed

keithbradley
10-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Thats what i set my esc at and finally got the chance to do a few wide open passes today(water was much calmer) and WOW this thing flys!!!!! But my temps were not even warm so im thinking bigger prop?????

Low temps are what you are aiming for my man:thumbup1:

Dont try too hard to push it to the point that it is getting hot. It is a water cooled setup and if you get to the point that it is getting hot you are probably pushing it a little harder than you should. These motors will run nice and cool right up to the point that you cross a line and work them too hard. I ran that motor on 6s2p with a s220 prop and it pulled a little over 100A. I also ran it on 6s2p with a s225 and saw amp spikes as high as 209A, with 160-170A being fairly normal draw at a full throttle hit. It waasnt hot when it was pulling that amount of current either.
My point is you will get to a point where a small change makes a huge difference.

It sounds like you got it hauling pretty well...I hope you are pleased with the motor:banana:

The only suggestion I have is if you start having handling issues with a larger prop you may want to try 6s and a (lot) smaller prop.

EDIT: GET SOME VIDEO!

b.mcdaniel.2009
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
:

Dont try too hard to push it to the point that it is getting hot. It is a water cooled setup and if you get to the point that it is getting hot you are probably pushing it a little harder than you should. These motors will run nice and cool right up to the point that you cross a line and work them too hard. I ran that motor on 6s2p with a s220 prop and it pulled a little over 100A. I also ran it on 6s2p with a s225 and saw amp spikes as high as 209A, with 160-170A being fairly normal draw at a full throttle hit. It waasnt hot when it was pulling that amount of current either.
My point is you will get to a point where a small change makes a huge difference.

It sounds like you got it hauling pretty well...I hope you are pleased with the motor:banana:

The only suggestion I have is if you start having handling issues with a larger prop you may want to try 6s and a (lot) smaller prop.

ya with the 48mm prop it was al little hard to handel:rofl:
I been thinking about runnung 6s but i dont wanna strain motor/esc.

keithbradley
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Try 6s on a s215 or x442 and check you temps. You would love the way it handles with the smaller prop Im sure.

b.mcdaniel.2009
10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tryed 6s today with a 45mm prop, wasnt bad but i liked the way it ran on 5s with the 48mm prop. Not so much torque roll.Plus i dont wanna stress that 180esc.