PDA

View Full Version : Esc trouble.

jamespl
10-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Took the boat for a run yesterday running on a single 3s and it ran good, do after a few mins I changed over to 4s 2p which I have been running it on since day 1. I took it out slow then gave it some throttle, it went to go then just slowed like it was in lvc. To cut a long story short the motor was not bleeping when plugging the batteries in but the motor would spin until I got it out on the water so it looks like my esc is no good. I plugged a seaking 180a in and it arms up ok so I have now ordered a seaking 90a esc, will this esc be ok to run on the standard motor? Cos I was looking at the turnigy 60a and that says it's good for 2-3 cells but the seaking 60a says 2-6 cells And I thought they were the same esc! so I thought the 90a would be a bit of an upgrade for the extra few bucks

jamespl
10-11-2010, 05:12 AM
No one know if 90a seaking will be ok on stock motor then?

forescott
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
It will work just fine! Same programming as the stock esc too. Do you think the stock esc got wet??

jamespl
10-12-2010, 02:17 AM
It could have when I flipped it but I have ran it 3-4 times since that and it has worked fine. It wasn't getting extremely hot either during runs, I was going to use the 180a for a little while until my 90a arrives.