PDA

View Full Version : ammo motor

toddilgen
11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
well i got the ammo today and started out with a x437/3. wow did that wake up the boat. :w00t: i need to know if 140 degrees on the stock speed controller is to hot? i'm running 4s2p lipo 3300's. i do not have any smaller props at the moment. i'm wondering if i need to go to a higher amp ESC?:confused1:

JimClark
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Which one they seem to make a million different versions.
JIm

toddilgen
11-15-2007, 07:10 PM
the stock super vee speed controller and the motor is the 2300kv

Ratpoo
11-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Todd, Thats pretty warm. If you have a drill and small drill bits I drilled out "all" the brass intakes, rudder, esc cooler and greatly increased the flow On my sons SV27. Brass drills easy as it is soft. Don't forget to get small electrical tie downs to secure hoses. I have my own SV27 which I have been experimentung with. A hydra 120 fits easily in box if you want to spend money and this barely gets warm. But using a hydra 120 brings up other problems with the stock aquacraft radio gear. Don't go to a smaller prop as this means less fun. Thrash it go for it.

Ratpoo
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Todd, Sorry I couldn't reply to your email. Was having posting problems. I've been reading about all of your other heat problems. Both mine and my sons SV27 had this same problem straight out of the box: THIS IS A CRITICAL MUST DO: The water intake at the top of the rudder was completeley blocked by glue. Drill this out. But the fault which really cheesed me off was the water cooler jacket on the esc. THAT ONE THREW ME OFF. One side was 9/10s blocked by faulty machining and yes this was on both our SV27s. Had to drill these out also. Should pay the chinamen more money at the factory. So pull it apart as these factory faults can have consequences. ie the hip pocket.

SJFE
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Good advice..First thing anyone should do is disect the boat completely and shake it down.