PDA

View Full Version : Hyperperformance OS Adapter

bigwaveohs
10-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Has anyone received the correct height adapter from these folks? Mine is too short.

Chilli
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Still??? They were supposed to correct the problem last month. Is it coupler bottoming out on the lower housing? Are you using the OS flex? Did you buy from Hyperformance or from OSE?They told me they were going to send me a corrected motor mount but never did. This sucks!

bigwaveohs
10-07-2010, 11:50 AM
The coupler bottoms out on the inside of the OS lower; i.e. the adapter is too short. I sent an e-mail and they said they would send me a new adapter with the correct height but never did.
I'm using the Hyper cable which I had to file down to get it to fit into the OS stubshaft (the OS cable is a tad smaller than the cable in the kit...).

Chilli
10-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I emailed Hyper and he said they are going in the mail today. I told him he makes great products but also explained to him that he needs to get this motor mount right because people are reading the boards and he can potentially be loosing business. I also suggested he include one of his flex shafts in the conversion kit (with an increase in price of course) because the stock OS flex is not the best quality and dosent work well with his coupler. You know what his response to me was????

"Boaters are unbelievable"

My orginal order was over two months ago. First motor mount was too tall, second one was too short. He emailed me that he originally did not even have a OS lower to test his product on. He was depending on measurements from someone else. My future OS needs will be coming from "down under".

Steven Vaccaro
10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I've sold 10 of them. No complaints so far(I need an icon for finger crossing). But those sold were from the second batch. The first batch was recalled.

HOTWATER
10-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I did buy an adapter from Hyper, but it is for the K&B lower...but reading this (like Mike said others will do) I sure am glad I got my OS lower adapter from Kris Flynn....

Hopefully David gets things straightened out for you guys...

-Kent

Chilli
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I probably would of gotten the mount from Kris in the first place but at the time he didnt have any in stock and the clock was ticking toward the Chesapeake Race. I was desparate to get a mount and emailed Hyper. They just happened to be coming out with one at the time. It wasnt even on their web site yet.

Steven, I'm glad you got a batch of the good mounts. I just wish Hyperformance would of taken care of their customers as well you do! Sorry to bad mouth one of your vendors.:thumbup1:

bigwaveohs
10-07-2010, 04:15 PM
+1 on that...Kris didn't have his done when I needed one so I went with the Hyperperformance kit as well...

Kris Flynn
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I got the blame for 'Copying' his adaptors this morning LOL

I wonder who copied who when I made my first batch over 12 months ago!

Anywho

Thanks
Kris

HOTWATER
10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Copy or not...i'm happy with what I have....:biggrin:

bigwaveohs
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to thank Hyperperformance publicly for sending me a replacement.
The correct adapter arrived yesterday and it is now on my VS-1 and ready for testing this weekend.