PDA

View Full Version : For newbies, Motor Care 101

whiplash
11-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Dont let this costly neglect happen to you. after losing my cowl and the hull filled
up with water, I forgot to take the motor out and shoot it with fresh water, then dry it. it sat all week, Stupid mistake, lol. one pic is from another boat and how it supposed to look. in the rusted one you can even see some solder on the hull floor, the batts were submerged too heh heh.

Dale Koblitz
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah I use a electrical lubricant called 2-26 by crc which lubes and protects electronics. It also draws out moisture which is very inportant. I've heard that carosion x works too but I've never seen it so I don't know where to get it. I get the 2-26 at a hardware store called Menards (not sure if they are nation wide) I spray all my car and boat motors after every couple runs. you can also use it on the circuit boards in recievers and servos for water proofing or after they've been exposed to water to stop or prevent corosion. I usually plasti-dip the reciever boards and servos which coats them in plastic. That completely seals them up.