PDA

View Full Version : New SV27 Coupler - Some Questions

domp444
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone!

Finally got my old coupler off and put the new one on. It's this one here: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=oct-ocfhe5mm15

Looks pretty good. I have the stock motor, so one of the set screws goes on the flat part, and the other doesn't. I'm wondering, should I put some blue loctite on the screws?

Also, I noticed I had to tighten the coupler pretty hard for it to hold my flex cable. Is that normal? I turned the boat on and ran the motor a couple of times and everything went well, nice and smooth and nothing came loose. Looks good to me but just wanna make sure :thumbup:

dana
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
just be careful not to overtighten. i snapped one, on the flex cable, then it was a nightmare to get it off.

domp444
10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope I didn't overtighten it. I just tightened it until it stayed on.

dana
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
yeah, well if you did overtighten the coupler, it would have snapped in two lol , like i did. im sure its fine if it's still in one piece haha

domp444
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Haha well that didn't happen thankfully. I have to untighten it again though to lube it. Then I'll make sure not to overtighten it again.

menksters
10-04-2010, 11:51 PM
yeah, well if you did overtighten the coupler, it would have snapped in two lol , like i did. im sure its fine if it's still in one piece haha Gooh this must have been awful. Think I would have searched for the spare short coupler I have been meaning to add. donnie