PDA

View Full Version : best brushless set-up for rio ep ?

lenny
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
:help:looking for good run times on ni-mh or 2s or 3s lipo? does anybuddy know what is hyrulejedi86 set-up to date ? it looked good !
not shore what his esc was ?
any input will help !:banana:
thanks !:bowdown:

medina619
11-14-2010, 02:29 PM
well thats still to be determined. Most of us are still testing and from what i see there is no one brushless system that everyone agrees is the best for the Rio. we are getting closer but it looks like its going to be a combo of brushless system and prop. i am testing a new setup today, 60a water cooled esc paired up with a 2900kv motor and stock prop. i hope to get decent results, we will see.

lenny
11-14-2010, 07:30 PM
HA!! THANKS FOR SOME INPUT!
I am still playing with stock setup.
My stock esc fried, but i got a new stock one and put on top of motor and cooling coil.
It staying cool for now, and the water getting colder now fall is hear.
I will be brushless soon, looking at 2s may be 3s not shore on setup yet.

Thanks for all input.

medina619
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
well i just got back from testing and have some good news and bad.lol I think over all it was a success but adjustments are necessary. The Rio has really good speed id say mid 20's. It does suffer from torque roll but not terrible, i am adjusting trim tabs and adding some self adhesive lead weights to help. i didn't finish testing because i literally ran into a snag.lol Just when i was getting everything under control i ran over a stick and it took out my shaft. i will report back when i get it back in the water.