PDA

View Full Version : Lipo charger

Doozie870
11-14-2007, 09:09 AM
At our last fun run, a racer had a inexpensive lipo charger that charged through the balance wires of the pack. I coudnt believe my eyes that those small wires could accept 5+ amps without getting warm. Does anyone have pros and cons, on this type of charger?

Fluid
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
High-end chargers can charge through the balance wires too. Some folks like to charge that way, some don't. ThunderPower recommends balancing the pack, then charging through the main power leads. That is what I do.

sjslhill
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I would agree to this Jay....

High-end chargers can charge through the balance wires too. Some folks like to charge that way, some don't. ThunderPower recommends balancing the pack, then charging through the main power leads. That is what I do.

Doozie870
11-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Call me crazy but Im finished with 50mah bleed rates/hours of balancing. Bought two of them, up to 4s by charging each cell independantly through the tap wires varying each cells charge rate as needed. fmadirect.com Cellpro4s model $75.00 :buttrock:

JimClark
11-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Sure it was charging at 5 amps? The cell pro is great I have one . The newer ones charge at 4 amps.
Jim

Fluid
11-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Call me crazy but Im finished with 50mah bleed rates/hours of balancing.

Odd, my Hyperion charger takes under an hour to charge a pack, and my TPX packs seldom need balancing at all. I'll hook up the balancer and usually no lights come on....so I'll just call you crazy! ;)

Two chargers is a good idea to reduce times.