PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint- Miss G.

Boomer
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I must admit, I am a little surprised that our friends at Proboat haven't come up with a touch up paint for the Miss Geico, as it is such an unusual color. One of the guys suggested ACE Hardware’s Glo Spray Fluorescent High Visibility Safety Yellow color. I have tested both their green and yellow. The green is actually way too green. The yellow is closer, but not a match.

I don't need it yet but, one of us, sooner or later will. Even the most careful, can find themselves with a scratch on the hull, be it from a transport mishap, or from a little NASCAR style racing.

I think there are auto paint stores around that can match the color, and some can even put it in a spray can. I know of a place not to far from me,so I will check it out next week.

Has anyone found another or better match?
Boomer

bigpapa
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
kool is there a part #

Boomer
10-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes, but it is not a match as I mentioned in my posting! The best way is to have some made at an auto paint store. They can custom match the color, put some in a jar and some in a spray can. It is not cheap, but what is these days?

Again, the stuff in the photo is not a match. I got some and was very disappointed when it dried.

Boomer

bigpapa
10-12-2010, 01:40 PM
tks boomer