PDA

View Full Version : torque roll issues

jamespl
10-02-2010, 12:15 PM
What are you guys doing to counteract the torque roll on this boat? I have set the rudder off a bit so it runs pretty much straight but it's not brill.

forescott
10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Turn fins and a small diameter/high pitch prop is all I can think of. Mine was pretty bat with the 442. The 640 works better.

jamespl
10-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm running the x640 at the mo and am planning on fitting som turn fins.

forescott
10-02-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm waiting for a set of fins myself. Hoping they will help out a bit.

Sunburst K-81
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Just added a set of fins and it made a significant difference however, it added drag. It did stop the torque roll and stopped the boat from flipping under full throttle in slight chop.

I was working on setup when the prop shaft broke between the coupler and the prop shaft tube. This is the second MAJOR issue I have had with this boat. The entire battery radio tray seperated from the hull on the third run with the boat... poor factory epoxy work, the steering servo died, and now the propshaft. (4MM propshaft, be careful if you pour on the cells!) The portion near the coupler damaged the hull as it was rotating at high RPM momentarily and the prop shaft tube is mangled. The boat has worked for less than a week in the month and a half I have owned it.

Cool "looking" boat, I would possibly suggest a Pursuit and or possibly the Traxxas as their companies seem to back their product and the boats appear to be thought out in terms of engineering and setup!

Having little luck with Venom CS...

forescott
10-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Just added a set of fins and it made a significant difference however, it added drag. It did stop the torque roll and stopped the boat from flipping under full throttle in slight chop.

I was working on setup when the prop shaft broke between the coupler and the prop shaft tube. This is the second MAJOR issue I have had with this boat. The entire battery radio tray seperated from the hull on the third run with the boat... poor factory epoxy work, the steering servo died, and now the propshaft. (4MM propshaft, be careful if you pour on the cells!) The portion near the coupler damaged the hull as it was rotating at high RPM momentarily and the prop shaft tube is mangled. The boat has worked for less than a week in the month and a half I have owned it.

Cool "looking" boat, I would possibly suggest a Pursuit and or possibly the Traxxas as their companies seem to back their product and the boats appear to be thought out in terms of engineering and setup!

Having little luck with Venom CS...

my motor mount was not lined up with the stuffing tube. I had to bend the flex cable upward to get it to go into the coupler. So I removed the mount and ground it down a bit to line it up better. Yours may be the same! That would cause the flex to break!