PDA

View Full Version : BJ observations

Eodman
11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
As i read everyone's comments, likes, dislikes & rebuilds I have to say I'm glad I cancelled my order!

Right or wrong I was expecting a Cat that was going to be fast(it is) but also a great handling boat...from what alot have said it doesn't!

I also want a boat that will run full tilt bogey & handle like its on rails! I think I would rather put my money into a build(with you guys helping out) that will do that for me!

Just some ramblings of a crazy guy!

"Now don't annoy the crazy guy!

FE_Chris
11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I here ya man, but for 299$ what do you expect?

Fluid
11-12-2007, 10:03 PM
The biggest issue is that steerable outdrives do not belong on fast R/C boats! This is a shame since this fact has been known for decades, why the makers did it is a mystery. Well, not really. The outdrives allow better slow speed handling and they are cheap to make and assemble. Other than using lots of turn fins on the transom - which only help a little - your best bet is to change over to traditional flex cable/separate rudder hardware. Just get a deep enough rudder or your handling will go away.

FE_Chris
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
The biggest issue is that steerable outdrives do not belong on fast R/C boats! This is a shame since this fact has been known for decades, why the makers did it is a mystery. Well, not really. The outdrives allow better slow speed handling and they are cheap to make and assemble. Other than using lots of turn fins on the transom - which only help a little - your best bet is to change over to traditional flex cable/separate rudder hardware. Just get a deep enough rudder or your handling will go away.

:iagree: I have my new hardware on, but I have yet to test it. .

SJFE
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Lets see it man.

Eodman
11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Well for 299 I ordered the H&M Maritimo Hull & decal set! Now I just have to wait for them to arrive stateside!!!

Just trying to keep up with you SJ when we get together to run!!!!

SJFE
11-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Nice move man. Bring her on down. If you get hung up on the build...hell shoot on down the GSP we can knock that cat out in a couple nights :wink: