PDA

View Full Version : Tactic Radio in a Aquacraft Hammer

teddyboy
09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
I am wanting to use a Tactic Radio 2.4 GH FASST with the stock ESC in a electric Aquacraft Hammer. This boat is not used for anything but boat retrieval. When the Tactic is installed and the radio is binded to the reciever the motor will start to run. I can push the throttle to the "break" position and the motor will stop. I do not know how or where to "bind" the transmitter to the reciever for proper operation.

CAN ANYONE HELP? :help:

Karfrik
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Check your settings first on the Tactic Tx......specially the TH =throtle.Switch it up(N) and down(R).....see what it does.And always turn on the Tx first before powering the esc.....Good luck,....Al

lectriglide
09-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Ted - here is the link to the instruction manual.
http://manuals.hobbico.com/tac/tacj0245-manual.pdf

Like Albert says, try reversing the throttle. I had the same problem and resolved it by a) reversing the throttle switch on the tx and b)setting throttle and neutral "endpoints" via the esc program instructions.

teddyboy
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Albert and George,

I want to thank you so much for the advice :thumbup1: and I will try each and every suggestion. I am sure I can make it control as designed. The Tactic is a great cheap radio. I have had great sucess with most all of boats.

Ted

Karfrik
09-28-2010, 05:55 PM
let us know if you have success,.....i personally have 2 Tactics Tx`s and 4 Rx`s and they always perform flawlessly in my boats!!!....Albert

Karfrik
09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
by the way where in TX are you located?..I`m in North FtWorth in Haslet close to TMS.....Al

teddyboy
09-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Al,

Thanks for the help and I work in Vicksburg Mississippi and live in Longview, Texas. We have a club in Henderson Texas and I have attached our website. You might want to come on over one weekend and meet the boys. We are getting more and more electrics. There are 4 UL-1 in the club. I have a Pursuit and other FE boats. I have a lot of gassers that I run on occasions. We just got our NAMBA regulation course set up last weekend. The city is still working on the park, but it is coming along nice. Hope to have some races, or fun runs in the upcoming year.

Thanks again.

http://www.easttexasrcboaters.webs.com/

Ted Wachter
East Texas RC Boaters President.

Karfrik
09-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow nice place to run boats and great facilities.I have no one to get together and race here,just contacted some guys that are driving distance from me in order to get together but nothing yet.
I`m keeping the website in my links in case i decide to drive the distance and meet you guys there,would love to,thanks for the invitation!!!.
So tell us,did you manage to bind the Tactic correctly?.......Al

teddyboy
09-30-2010, 02:10 PM
You are welcome on the invite. I work in Vicksburg and will be back home in Texas on October 6th. I will give it a long hard try then. I am getting a knee replaced and will be home for the month of October. That will give me plenty of time to try some bench testing.

Ted Wachter

Karfrik
10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on anything......later,Al