PDA

View Full Version : My Boat

menksters
09-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Prior to the work on the transom which I am going to do today I decided to do a couple of upgrades to the drive system. I added a grim prop{ 42x55} and took the motor out of my ul-1 and installed it. Also changed controller to an aquacraft 60amp and installed a spectrum 3000 receiver. Charged lipo's and off to the lake. I am using two 2s 5300ma packs from Tower. The boat was noticeably faster and I see that the need for speed is going to be a very discoverable adventure with boats. Made 3, 5 minute runs and left the pond grinning like a child on Santa's lap. During these floats I worked on establishing comfortable expo, epa, hull trim tab adjustments and such. Think she is set up now as well as I am currently capable of doing. For the transom repair I am going to use a fiberglass overlay and while epoxy is still wet also lay carbon fiber sticks { 3mm x 10mm} to face of the overlay. Prior to overlaying the cloth I like to spray the mounting side with 3M 77. This enables me to meld the cloth around all curves very smoothly prior to brushing on epoxy fill cote. Other then adding a few grams of weight this will solve the cracking, leaking problem on my hull. Now I believe that I have selected a great first boat and other then the transom issue this aspect of our hobby already has me grinning ear to ear. Go fast with precision... donnie

z400
10-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Jeepers creepers

How about the edit button and turn this into a couple paragraphs for us?

menksters
10-06-2010, 03:49 AM
No paragraph edit as I am to busy diagraming out the sentences in concrete as you suggest the transom should be.. Mounted a Turnigy 2.3 kv motor in her today and speed is considerably faster then with the aquastar ul-1 moto. All guesswork for me at this time as G.P.S is pending release of Intels postage stamp size package. donnie