PDA

View Full Version : GEICO ESC beeping

cvlex
09-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Today my GEICO arrived from OSE.
I installed the optional flex cable and Octura x642.
Then I rebound the receiver with my DX2S and programmed the ESC with program module.

Battery Type: Lipo
Cutoff Voltage: High
Cutoff Tyoe: Idle
Brake: On
Timing Low
Throttle Curve: Logarithm

Now once I connect two 2S batteries and switch on the ESC, it beeps once and after a few second, it beeps five times.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

cvlex

Darin Jordan
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Today my GEICO arrived from OSE.
I installed the optional flex cable and Octura x642.
Then I rebound the receiver with my DX2S and programmed the ESC with program module.

Cutoff Voltage: High
Cutoff Tyoe: Idle
Brake: On
Timing Low
Throttle Curve: Logarithm

Now once I connect two 2S batteries and switch on the ESC, it beeps once and after a few second, it beeps five times.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance,

cvlex

YUP! That's a good sign... go run it!! I think the ESC manual tells you what the beeps mean. Something about the number of cells or the timing setting or ?? I can't remember exactly 'cause I never pay attention to that.

tman52804
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Darin,

What settings do you have for your esc?

Darin Jordan
09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Darin,

What settings do you have for your esc?

Cutoff Voltage: LOW
Cutoff Tyoe: Slow Down
Brake: OFF
Timing: HIGH
Throttle Curve: LINEAR

Please keep in mind... I'm racing. I don't run more than I have to to complete a 6-lap race, plus run-up and cool-down lap, and any penalty laps that I may incur.

tman52804
09-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Bingo, same as mine!

cvlex
09-29-2010, 05:52 AM
YUP! That's a good sign... go run it!! I think the ESC manual tells you what the beeps mean. Something about the number of cells or the timing setting or ?? I can't remember exactly 'cause I never pay attention to that.

Thank you for your comment.

I read the ESC manual again and found a description for Timing monitor in the Motor Timing Adjustment section.

It reads:

After the first "beep" wait 5 seconds (keep the throttle in the neutral position).
The controller gives 5 sibngle beeps for soft timing or 5 double beeps for hard timing.

I also set the throttle curve linear and the brake off.

Thanks again,

cvlex

jac4412
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
mine beeps once... The manual said it should beep after programming

Darin Jordan
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
mine beeps once... The manual said it should beep after programming

It depend on where your settings are... I think it only beeps more if you set the timing to high or something like that.