PDA

View Full Version : Staying Brushed

shannon87
09-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Hi just an update on my rio i am gunna stay brushed as going brushless is going to cost so much not just the parts but changing the drive set up fibreglassing and mucking around.

But never fear im getting a hotter brushed motor either a lrp runner 4 or a trinity or a epic modified.

And i was wondering what would be a good brushed esc that aint going to cost like it was made from gold like those 700 dollar etti escs.

Not saying they are bad but i just want a good budget one or a marine brushless that can be used with brushed motors and if so how could i adapt it since they have 3 power wires and brushed have 2.

I am still getting an octura prop but not sure on which size as i was told an x438 but that was going brushless anyways im still going with an offset rudder and other bits and peices.

Fluid
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Uhhhh.....you haven't given us enough information here.

- How many and what kind of cells will you be using?
- What motor will you be running (diameter, turns/Kv)?
- What kind of performance are you looking for?
- How much run time are you expecting?
- What is your budget?

Depending on the motor you use, this may work well:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-prb2314

Most brushless ESCS can't run a brushed motor - except for those gold-plated Teutonic wonders which cost $700US.

Prop size depends on the motor you choose and the voltage you use, not on what someone else said.

shannon87
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
hi fluid i plan on using 2 8.4V 5000mah nimh batteries or 7.4v, 550 size motor between 10-12 turns, a good performance increase over stock, about 15-20mins, around $400 aus but other parts as well.

I was going to use a traxxas xl10 marine esc as there on special and there watercooled, is there any good 550 size motors i could use with it or do i have to use a stinger or other 540 size with a 3mm shaft as i was thinking of using a stinger.

With the stinger being a 540 size as well as most mod motors how could i possibly mount it using the stock mount without being loose.

shannon87
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi i Have descided to go with a traxxas xl10 marine esc and traxxas titan 12 turn and running it with an 8.4v traxxas 7 cell, i was wondering what size prop should i use that fits the stock flex shaft.

As i have read some threads by people using a similar set up to the one i want to use they use the stock prop would that be ok to use until i get a different prop ? . Or should i use a different prop ?