PDA

View Full Version : is my 2s pack junk?

dana
09-25-2010, 10:13 PM
pack is a venom 2s1p 5000 mah. it has been charging weird lately. individual cell voltage is all over the place. 1 cell reads over 4.20 at points and the other jumps all over the place. initialy when first charging after a run the cells reads the exact same voltage, but after charging for a while they do some funny stuff. kinda nervous.plus the chrager never beeps for a full charge like the other pack, it just stays arounf 0.4 amps and never seems to top off. anyone know if this thing is crap? it seems to be getting worse after every run. also is it ok to run 5000 mah and a 5400 mah packs together? i have another lipo that is good but different mah. thanks

LiPo Power
09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Please do not run 5000 with 5400, must much the mAh...
Take your liPo off the charger and just plug in to ballancer and leave it for a while...
Are you charging using CHARGE mode or Balancing mode? What charger?
Robert

dana
09-25-2010, 11:23 PM
thunder ac6 charger. i am balance charging yes. what does leaving it plugged into the balance port do? should i charge at a lower amperage?

LiPo Power
09-25-2010, 11:28 PM
So if you Balance charge them, how long do you charge them for?
Balance charging sometimes takes long time....
In the past, after a straight charging I would take it off the charger and just plug in to the balancer for a while to let the balancer do its job correcting any voltage difference issues...

dana
09-25-2010, 11:32 PM
usually takes about an hour to balance charge them give or take. charger has built in balancer so if i disconnect leads charger says "connection break" i dunno i can get it to charge to 4.20 per cell but never seems to "full charge".

LiPo Power
09-25-2010, 11:54 PM
On the charger menu, can you just select straight charging, no balance charging?
If yes, than you shoud not need to plug your balancing wires at all to charger and still be able to charge your lipo much faster....