PDA

View Full Version : Huge savings on Castle/Neu's?

Make-a-Wake
09-25-2010, 09:54 PM
I may be late on this, but whats with cutting the prices 75% on these motors here on OSE???? Not gonna carry them anymore? I see they are mostly out of stock now....................hmmmm

britscoot
09-25-2010, 10:01 PM
pm sent

Alexgar
09-25-2010, 10:41 PM
please share im interested too

Rumdog
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
The prices were cut by castle. Meaning dealers lose their ass because they have to follow suit

westbeach
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Go direct to CC.

m4a1usr
09-25-2010, 11:57 PM
I may be late on this, but whats with cutting the prices 75% on these motors here on OSE???? Not gonna carry them anymore? I see they are mostly out of stock now....................hmmmm

Its being driven by Castle to liquidate inventory as they move to a new facility. But for those who might read in between the lines, like me, I'm not convinced thats the reason. If you go to the CC clearance web page where they are advertising the motors being significantly discounted you well see that they offer no warranty on these NIB motors being sold? What? Why? There is a disclaimer stating the production runs on these motors might be due to limited runs and not from their standard product line?

What does that tell you. They are changing their product line? That a whole new series is about to come out? Somethings going on. I'm thinking that these are to be discontinued and they dont want any returns so they are blowing them out at cost just to be rid of them. I could be way off but thats how it smacks to me. Just my 2 cents. But I couldnt be happier either. This is the deal of a lifetime and I'm glad I got to buy into it. Notice how they now have a striked line thru their advertisement where it once said "hundreds" and it now says a "few" deals. I bet there has been a bunch of people buying 10/20/30 motors at a time. Because in a few weeks these deals of $65 today will be showing up on Ebay at $150 in October.

John

electric
09-26-2010, 07:53 AM
I have looked at the castle creations site and see nothing about what you are discussing? Is this sale only directred at dealers?

westbeach
09-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Right at this page. http://www.castlecreations.com/promos/motor_clearance/motor_clearance.html See the buy it now button. That's for any joe public to buy the products shown.

I have looked at the castle creations site and see nothing about what you are discussing? Is this sale only directred at dealers?

electric
09-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Wow...that is the deal of the century. This will pretty much take care of my motor needs for awhile. I got a little carried away and bought 2 of every size. Chuckle. Now to find the water jackets...

electric
09-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Right at this page. http://www.castlecreations.com/promos/motor_clearance/motor_clearance.html See the buy it now button. That's for any joe public to buy the products shown.

I still don't see how you get to this page off the "regular" website, Thanks Again!! Edit, I found it.

Water Jackets? Steve, can you order some for the demand that will come from this sale?

Fluid
09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Water Jackets? Steve, can you order some for the demand that will come from this sale?

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18204
Post #39.

electric
09-26-2010, 08:59 AM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18204
Post #39.

Thanks Jay, wow what a deal. I am glad to see that they got things straightened out with Steve. I guess now we will have a bunch of people holding motors with no water jackets. I got 2 1518's, 2 1717's, and 2 1520's. That was a bit crazy, but what I don't need I can sell later.

Basstronics
09-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Would the 1520 1600 KV be good in a 32" rang cat with 6S?

Ive been wanting to build a 30" or so cat and pump up the power and get some real speed.

Ditto with a JAE 21 rigger. 6 S and the same motor or the 1800 KV version?

Jeff Wohlt
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Odd as the leopard motors just took a big drop as well....wonder which one drove which one down?

Make-a-Wake
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, i found Leopard 4074's NIB with free shipping for $59.............

Jeff Wohlt
09-26-2010, 09:54 AM
me too...got a few on the way.

electric
09-26-2010, 09:56 AM
What is going on with the motor prices?

Jeff Wohlt
09-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Not sure but kinda tells you where the profit margine is. They better be doing something nice for the dealers or they will be losing a bunch....I am sure they are as the dealers are what keeps them alive.

Make-a-Wake
09-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Im not sure how alot of business practices work, but if Castle is selling $250 motors for $60 then i would imagine they would be giving dealers some type of rebates or assistance to sell theirs so cheaply....................kinda like the car business.............??? My hope is that they are doing something along these lines.

Jeff Wohlt
09-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Well if not I can assure you Steve is on the phone!!

westbeach
09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
There is too many of these threads going on. But this is the main thread that started it. And CC will reimburse the credit to Steve for this price slash. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18204

Im not sure how alot of business practices work, but if Castle is selling $250 motors for $60 then i would imagine they would be giving dealers some type of rebates or assistance to sell theirs so cheaply....................kinda like the car business.............??? My hope is that they are doing something along these lines.

ENCORE MAN
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
yeah, i found leopard 4074's nib with free shipping for $59.............

where? Thanks bg

Basstronics
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-lp4074-2000kv.html

Make-a-Wake
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I went ahead and grabbed the monster 1717 for my 40" MRP fountain.

sjslhill
09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Price WARS.......Hobby King most likly caused this.

Make-a-Wake
09-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Just checked Tower Hobbies, and the 1518, 1520 and 1717 are "discontinued"

m4a1usr
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Its language like that, from big distributors, that has me thinking if there is not another product line coming along. Tower has enough buying power to have liquidated CC's inventory with a single purchase order at the "brother inlaw" prices we have seen. Somethings coming down the road. Too bad we are not privy to it.

John

Brushless55
09-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Castle told me today, they will not have a replacement for these motors
they just did not sell well

Basstronics
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Well I got my Leopard in from Hobbypartz...

When I ordered it showed the pink version. So I went out of my way to order the pink water cooler. Shame on me... The motor is green...

So Im gonna just order one from Steve (like I should of done) when I go to use this beast.

First impression- holy shat! Has some strong mags in it! Im impressed for the money!

Fluid
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Castle told me today, they will not have a replacement for these motors they just did not sell well
That is the reason for so many discontinued products. While some think conspiracy or something new coming, the cold fact is that a great many discontinued products are simply due to low sales volumes. That's why Mercury, Plymouth and Oldsmobile are done - consumers were not buying enough of them to justify the brands.

Why were folks not buying the "new" Neu motors? Low demand may have been due to competition from China in this quality range. Or it could be that the perceived performance of the motors was not as good as the "old" Neus. Remember that boaters are a small minority of motor sales, which in Neu's case are driven by flyers and to a lesser extent by car guys. We may have loved the motors - but flyers may have discovered they were not a good value and stopped buying them. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.....

electric
10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
That is the reason for so many discontinued products. While some think conspiracy or something new coming, the cold fact is that a great many discontinued products are simply due to low sales volumes. That's why Mercury, Plymouth and Oldsmobile are done - consumers were not buying enough of them to justify the brands.

Why were folks not buying the "new" Neu motors? Low demand may have been due to competition from China in this quality range. Or it could be that the perceived performance of the motors was not as good as the "old" Neus. Remember that boaters are a small minority of motor sales, which in Neu's case are driven by flyers and to a lesser extent by car guys. We may have loved the motors - but flyers may have discovered they were not a good value and stopped buying them. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.....

And/Or a thing called cash flow....CFO's have a habit of not liking old inventory too much...