PDA

View Full Version : DAY OFF? Fact or Fiction

Diegoboy
09-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I've heard there's this thing called a day off. I'm not sure the particulars because it always seems to elude me. I think I can recall seeing one, once upon a time but the distant past just keeps getting harder and harder to see. A last resort to find one saw me looking on the schedule, lo and behold I could swear I saw one today, or at least I thought I did till my boss calls me up and sends me 3 hours west of my house to do what? Work!

Can anybody tell me if there is such a thing as a day off. I'd really like to know and they say "knowing is half the battle"

Thanks in advance!!

Steven Vaccaro
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I can relate, In my home I haven't seen one in a while. But my wife and kids find one every so often, usually in the winter. They call it underwear day.

NativePaul
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
They do exist, I get 4 every 8 days, I sleep through one of them though.

Rottenbelly
09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I only work 6 months out of the year.. 28 days on 28 days off.:banana:

Flying Scotsman
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
I've heard there's this thing called a day off. I'm not sure the particulars because it always seems to elude me. I think I can recall seeing one, once upon a time but the distant past just keeps getting harder and harder to see. A last resort to find one saw me looking on the schedule, lo and behold I could swear I saw one today, or at least I thought I did till my boss calls me up and sends me 3 hours west of my house to do what? Work!

Can anybody tell me if there is such a thing as a day off. I'd really like to know and they say "knowing is half the battle"

Thanks in advance!!

I remember those days and nights.....solution....retirement.

Douggie

Doby
09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I remember those days and nights.....solution....retirement.

Douggie

Only works if you are old and close to death........and in BC.:tongue_smilie:

ENCORE MAN
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Diegoboy, when you get retired, you will wonder how you ever had enough time in the day to go to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BG

Flying Scotsman
09-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Only works if you are old and close to death........and in BC.:tongue_smilie:

Typical reply from the morons in Ontario.

Love you Doby :hug1:

befu
09-24-2010, 04:17 PM
It is all relative. A day off from what? I get weekends off all the time from work. Then it is home to work on the house, do stuff for the wife, or the four kids, or church. Then I get time off of that to go back to work. With a fifth one on the way, doesn't look any easier for at least 20 years.....

Brian

ENCORE MAN
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Typical reply from the morons in Ontario.

Love you Doby :hug1:
Ontarians can't be morons. There is a Liberal government in power in Ontario.

Diegoboy
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
You forgot the :sarcasm1: smiley

Doby
09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Ontarians can't be morons. There is a Liberal government in power in Ontario.

Well....that makes sense, I think the only "good" thing they did was give us "Family day" for a holiday in Feb.....one more day off is OK by me,,,at least I think it was them:confused2:

Still better than BC though...........

Flying Scotsman
09-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Well....that makes sense, I think the only "good" thing they did was give us "Family day" for a holiday in Feb.....one more day off is OK by me,,,at least I think it was them:confused2:

Still better than BC though...........

I rest my case a "Family Day" .. Ontario :banana:

Douggie

drwayne
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
A day off is imaginary for a bloke working at/from home.
My office is inside the house .. my lab/workshop too .. and everyone beyond my yard is a potential client .
I rarely get away from work.. everywhere I go, there tis !

I 'play' boats because electronics and water dont mix...
WRONG !
:doh:

:runs away screaming:

domwilson
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I get the weekends off. Then I have to work the week so the mules can rest.

AndyKunz
09-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I work late and on Saturdays quite often. I simply LOVE my job. I'll be here (still at work tonight) tomorrow if the weather isn't good enough for flying. If I can fly, I'll be out blowing off some steam and burning holes in the sky.

It's tough when going flying is going to work :)

Andy

tdonnellyem
09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
i work for coca cola. we have been working mandatory 6 day work weeks the entire year. some days its only the 8 hour shift, but then there are the 12-14 hour days that make you really want a second day off to help recover from the amount of work youre putting in. not complaining, the OT pay is great, and considering the state of the economy i feel lucky to just have a job. but its hard to work that much then come home and take care of the house/yard/family matters or do any other extra curricular activites.

on a side note this tread is the first time ive not seen the skippies and kiwis thread listed!!

drwayne
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
on a side note this tread is the first time ive not seen the skippies and kiwis thread listed!!

Oh, do you miss us ?
:olleyes:

Flying Scotsman
09-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh, do you miss us ?
:olleyes:

Just to keep you all awake and off subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdzqTGmEcZE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0sqRMzkwo&feature=related

Douggie

andym
09-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Problem fixed, sorry about that we try not to disappoint.
PS;It is thread with a H, we Aussies just hate poor spelling

Flying Scotsman
09-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Problem fixed, sorry about that we try not to disappoint.
PS;It is thread with a H, we Aussies just hate poor spelling

It would be interesting to view a movie with the actors talking in phone text language. Just IMO

Douggie

tdonnellyem
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
andym, douggie, and drwayne: thanks for getting the skippies and kiwis tHread back in its proper place.

drwayne
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Andym and I are Tru Blu Aussies...
Douggie is a Canadian Herpetologist ( frog fondler ) ... who aspires to fit in with us Australians.
We're a tolerant bunch, wanna join ?

andym, douggie, and drwayne: thanks for getting the skippies and kiwis tHread back in its proper place.

dana
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
day of haha...yeah right. i work all week then pick up my son every friday after work till sunday night. then bed and back to work monday. non-stop schedule here but i love spending time with my kid. nothing better. every so often i get a day when i have nothing to do. but few and faaar between. what kills me is when my friends or guys at work who are un-married with NO children complain " i need a vacation" wtf dood every weekend is a vacation in your case STFU!