PDA

View Full Version : Sealing esc & reciever

martin
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
What is considered the best methods of sealing the esc & 2.4ghz receivers. Coating in electronic grade epoxy, Setting in a thicker epoxy block or useing Corrossion X or any other methods. Thanks.

Diesel6401
09-22-2010, 10:38 AM
A lot of guys use corrosion x, I use this (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=spray+liquid+electrical+tape&cid=7626913616270011112&ei=aRSaTKmVFoL62ASq3qy-AQ&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p) stuff though. I use about 5 coats, just make sure you cover the connection tabs on the rx where the servo, esc ext plug in. I place a piece of foam over them. Works for me and saved a few rx's.

SweetZ28
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I wrap my recievers in silicone self fusing tape and use a little silicone where the wires come out it works awesome and you can take it off without leaving anything behind.
it will work like putting stuff into a balloon but the self fusing tape wraps it perfectly to the objects shape and because it's silicone it wont rot away like arubber ballone and it will last for ever!

martin
09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
A lot of guys use corrosion x, I use this (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=spray+liquid+electrical+tape&cid=7626913616270011112&ei=aRSaTKmVFoL62ASq3qy-AQ&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p) stuff though. I use about 5 coats, just make sure you cover the connection tabs on the rx where the servo, esc ext plug in. I place a piece of foam over them. Works for me and saved a few rx's.

If useing say Corrossion X i assume you give several coats allowing to dry in between coats, Does it need further coats added after a certain time. Also if the esc or rx gets wet do you dry out then add another coat or apply as soon as the esc or rx gets wet. I assume you can also use Corrossion X inside servo electrics.

SweetZ28
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
If useing say Corrossion X i assume you give several coats allowing to dry in between coats, Does it need further coats added after a certain time. Also if the esc or rx gets wet do you dry out then add another coat or apply as soon as the esc or rx gets wet. I assume you can also use Corrossion X inside servo electrics.

I use corrosion X on everything I spray it on leat it soack in for a bit and dab excess off with a paper towel and i never had anything fry yet from water.
I never reapplied it I guess if your boat sank under you can reapply it won't harm anything.