PDA

View Full Version : Open Connection

BakedMopar
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
I have a battery that I bought used. If you check the pack voltage with a volt meter it shows the pack voltage. When I conect it to my LBA-10 balancer it reads as open connection (four flashes). Thinking it's the balance taps I tried it without the balancer. It will charge for a couple of seconds and then read open circuit. What could be going on here or is this pack junk?

m4a1usr
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Are you going right to the LBA-10 connection with your pack or are you going to a 1-6S multi pack adapter? I had something similar when I was using the JST to PolyQuest adapter. I ended up buying a bunch of 6S connectors installing them in my packs and just going straight into my LBA-10. Now I dont need an "in between" adapter. I plug my packs right into the balancer. And I dont get errors anymore. It does require you to reconfigure the order of the pins on your pack balance tap.

John

BakedMopar
09-21-2010, 12:21 PM
no balance board. It was just a bacd pack.

See this thread http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=18131

785boats
09-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Do you get a cell voltage reading on each pair of pins in the balance tap, ie pins 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 etc?
If one of the pairs gives no reading you may have a broken balance tap wire on the pack tabs.
The balancer would see that as an open circuit. And when you disconnect the balance tap plug it would also give you the open circuit message.
Cheers.
Paul.