PDA

View Full Version : RTR Package for our club

G Doggett
11-09-2007, 03:10 AM
To encourage new members into our model boat club we are offering the Super Vee as a RTR package complete with batteries,charger and better radio.
Everything except the radio is bought from OSE ( thanks Steven )
The boat has been "blueprinted" to correct the assembly glitches, and the radio antenna has been mounted on the rear with a patriotic flag decal covering the original hole in the hatch.
The original battery frames are removed and strips of velcro added instead for easy trim adjustment.
Another mod that I highly recommend is to turn the cooling jacket around so that the inlet and outlet pipes are at the front so that it is much easier to access the flex coupling for shaft removal. This way beginners have no excuse for not carrying out flex shaft maintenance at the end of the day.
This is a great entry level boat that is capable of winning races.
Graham

Rex R
11-09-2007, 03:43 AM
looks good. a suggestion, mark the velcro(battery hold down) to show the suggested placement area(we are after all talking bout inexperienced boaters :))

ice329
11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
You get good ideas every time you read these posts on OSE. Turning the stock cooling jacket around is a very good one. All you need is a little longer piece of hose...very good idea. Thanks

Dale Koblitz
01-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Just by curiosity how much are you paying for the boats w/o radios? I wish I didn't have to waste money on the radio when I got mine. They should sell them allmost ready to run w/o radios since the stock ones are crap. Also how much are you charging after your done? What kind of radio are you using?

G Doggett
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Dale
The SV is not available without radio so we have to toss the original away.
As well as being crap quality the frequency is also illegal down here in NZ and Australia.
We charge about $50 to blueprint and mod the boat as this is not a money making venture, we just want the newby to have a good experience with this boat.
The last one I did we used a Futaba 2PH and it works fine.
Pretty much any radio will be better than the original !!!
Graham.