PDA

View Full Version : It was a sad day for one of my boats.

Steven Vaccaro
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I can no longer brag about my 5 year old Castle Creations Barracuda 80. She inhaled her last MAH's this past Saturday. I guess she was beat down one too many times. She will forever rest in piece. But my Syncron will forever remember the day by the wonderful smell she left behind for us. I pry for her on the other side
:Praying: :bounce::Praying:.
The good news is a have a 200 amp esc on its way. But the B80 will always be missed. :doh:

Diegoboy
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm glad that I have a cuda 80 living a comfortable life pushing my micro kat with a 380 motor.
I am sorry for you loss Steven

Steven Vaccaro
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm glad that I have a cuda 80 living a comfortable life pushing my micro kat with a 380 motor.
I am sorry for you loss Steven

Thats funny you say that. This particular b80 was going to go in my micro drifter because of the small size with the bec. Any other suggestions for a small 80-100amp esc with bec function?

Hydromaniac
09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I can no longer brag about my 5 year old Castle Creations Barracuda 80. She inhaled her last MAH's this past Saturday. I guess she was beat down one too many times. She will forever rest in piece. But my Syncron will forever remember the day by the wonderful smell she left behind for us. I pry for her on the other side
:Praying: :bounce::Praying:.
The good news is a have a 200 amp esc on its way. But the B80 will always be missed. :doh:

The Barracudas are some of the best ESCs I have ever owned. I still have brand new in the packages an 80 and 125. Kind of saving them, not sure why I'm saving them but I may use them in the right build. I've had fantastic Castle products but Cudas were always tops.

Steven Vaccaro
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
The Barracudas are some of the best ESCs I have ever owned. I still have brand new in the packages an 80 and 125. Kind of saving them, not sure why I'm saving them but I may use them in the right build. I've had fantastic Castle products but Cudas were always tops.

Which version are they? If they are the version "right" before the hydra, they are great.

Hydromaniac
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Which version are they? If they are the version "right" before the hydra, they are great.They are the "Right' ones both right before the hydras came out.

Diegoboy
09-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drool:

ray schrauwen
09-20-2010, 11:57 PM

Beta testing something new from Hifei?

Steven Vaccaro
09-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Beta testing something new from Hifei?

Maybe :smile:

drwayne
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I can no longer brag about my 5 year old Castle Creations Barracuda 80. She inhaled her last MAH's this past Saturday. I guess she was beat down one too many times. She will forever rest in piece.

peace or pieces ?
haha

always a solemn time when one of our beloved pass away.. .

W

Steven Vaccaro
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
peace or pieces ?
haha

always a solemn time when one of our beloved pass away.. .

W

ooops. Should be peace, but she is in many pieces. Funny thing was one of the onlookers asked if the speed control was repairable. :w00t:

drwayne
09-22-2010, 12:10 AM
ooops. Should be peace, but she is in many pieces. Funny thing was one of the onlookers asked if the speed control was repairable. :w00t:

Sure is fixable .. just change that shrink wrapped black part in between the big gold plugs.. and we're away !

Last ESC I toasted , boat was returned to shore by a gas boater.. who told an onlooker newbie that the awful stench was a burning credit card !