PDA

View Full Version : 1st test run info pics and vid to follow

mr.mauian
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Gonna test run the BJ26 today and gps it with 8xl and 120 hydra. will post video and pics. plus my homemade turn fins which are bigger and longer...............:w00t:

SJFE
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh yeah can't wait for this one. :drool:

FE_Chris
11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
LOL...I hope you can keep it on the water...I have a hard enough time doing that with the stock power plant. Good luck!

mr.mauian
11-09-2007, 02:37 PM
We'll .....it runs like a rocket at the start and then...........it starts to do the hula, hula, hula...lol. It tends to walk at around 15 to 20 feet. I was trying to video but forgot the darn card in the office but gps read 48mph.....hmmm not bad. I think the turn fins I made where too long so they got shortened last night. I also readjusted the rudder bracket, had it upside down on purpose to get more depth but it was way to close to prop and water. I will do another run today after work, the sun goes down at around 5:55pm here and I get off at 5 so no time for adjustments during testing. Sat. will be a all day field testing if nothing is achieved today. :sad:

mr.mauian
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
This is yesterday, the before changes,

mr.mauian
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
After I adjusted the rudder and shortened the turn fins,

mr.mauian
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Hardware is Fuller's, prop 442, Hydra 120, 2-8000 lipo's. you can see how the bracket is in the first pic post and then the change in second pic post. hopefully that will do and work better than yesterday.

SJFE
11-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Yep the first thing I did was yank those 10 cent stickers also...lol. I wont see the water until Sunday. I plan on laying out my struder next week. You guys need to beat the "GO" fever and remember everything for the camera....hahahahah. Shes screamin man nice work.

FE_Chris
11-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Nice speeds!

andym
11-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Not having a cat you can tell me to go away but does it need turn fins? Have not seen a fast cat yet with them.

SJFE
11-11-2007, 01:01 AM
This hul seems to need them. Removed stability issues are quite bad.

andym
11-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Was the problem spinning out in turns or straight line stability? If it was straight line problems then blue printing the sponsons and making sure all edges are sharp along with fine tuning the CG would help alot without the drag of fins. As well as strut depth and angle, but with that power once its dialed in I think you might embaress a few high end boats out there. Good luck.

SJFE
11-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Had my first go with this boat today. It turns better than I had expected. Speeds on 4s-2p are along the lines of my former SV on 12 to 14 IB3600s on a K45 prop. Between 30 & 35.(video & gps posted in my club thread) I guess I will need a prop change to see the other speeds I have seen claimed and posted. I am not sure this one is a keeper yet. I know I wont be removing the factory drive anytime soon if @ all. I need some more time to think it over and maybe some more time in the water to render a final verdict here.

mr.mauian
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I ran it again at our club gathering it ran better with the shorter turn fins but had to keep an eye on speeds and back off a bit to get it stable then run wot. Turning was a real pain no WOT turns with this hull with a 8xl. I still need to play with the cg but I do not think this is a good hull for any type of racing, maybe drag racing. It definetly is nothing near my MM. I just might stick a SV 27 setup in it and be done with it. One of our club guys have the exact same setup as mine and it runs real nice on the straights, but I want a boat that goes WOT the whole time and not have to back off unless I get cutoff or come up on them to quick. My opinion.....if you want to have fun and play all the time thats what this hull is for and of course bring a raft.....you will need it. I got no vids yet but I will try sometime this week.:D

Doby
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
As this is the same hull as the nitro verson that goes about 30 MPh and is not very stable,,,,,,it will therfore not be more stable in electric form going even faster:olleyes:

Its amazing that everyone expects it to be a great revelation in catamarans:confused1:

Its a fun boat, it can be made to be a fast boat,,,but will never be reliably stable in rough water or SHARP , FAST cornering. I love my nitro conversion for what it is, not for what it never will be :D

SJFE
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Its amazing that everyone expects it to be a great revelation in catamarans

I think most regarded or anticipated it as a revelation in RTR's. My purchase was motivated by opportunity & curiosity.

FE_Chris
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I think most regarded or anticipated it as a revelation in RTR's. My purchase was motivated by opportunity & curiosity.

:iagree: totaly.