PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

roadrashracing
09-18-2010, 10:48 PM
I have a proboat shockwave bl. I was driving it today and the esc smoked, the inside is burnt and brown. The wanted me to send it in, they payed for shipping. I had a spare esc and tested it and everything works, just clean it up and run it, or send it in and hope I get a new boat. There are somethings that I did to it that will decide what they will do, I had replaced the connector with traxxas, the hull cracked in the back so I epoxied it and painted it. Not sure what to do.

WrknItUp
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
ahhhhh idk if they would really do anything either since its not in factory condition. I would call them again or email them and ask about it. If anything keep the hull send the esc back?

roadrashracing
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I talked to a guy yesterday and he personally was going to look at it. I had converted the deans to traxxas, and the hull had cracked by the output shaft, I could have send it in then, not knowing if they would cover it, I epoxied it and painted the bottom, so its not stock. The hull is burnt and brown but its still runable, just really needs a good cleaning, and boat season almost done and I don't want to be with out it. I would like to just send in the speed control. I got a spare so I tested everything else and it seems to work. I just don't want to send it taking the chance that they might not cover it. A new hull is $70 if I need to go that way. I'm thinking I should just clean it and move on.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5005065203_422c19480c_b.jpg