PDA

View Full Version : P1 King Of Shaves Set Up

matthj72
09-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Share what you are running for your set up..
Mine is stock besides...
Octura X640 sharpened and balanced prop
I installed OSE small turn fins
I am running the battery vertical in the boat which is an spc 8000 mah 20c 3s lipo

everything else is stock. I don't have a GPS on it but i would guess it is running in the upper 30's to around 40 and is very stable on calm or chop.

The strut is slightly below neutral which runs a lot better than above neutral with this propeller. I tried neutral and my roost was way too high. I lowered it and it allowed the prop to get better bite, better control, and it runs faster. By the way the turn fins mad a HUGE difference.

JEDNJONES
09-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi,
I copied Forscotts setup with an X442 and 4S in the normal location -2 degrees on the drive, Tabs down slightly. It was a little choppy but ran 44mph on radar with low temps.

Its so light and gets airborn pretty easy. I ordered some different motors and props to try. I might have to buy another one for extra parts because of Venoms poor customer service.
Jerry

matthj72
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
it seems like the octura X442 seems to be a pretty common prop with this boat. I have not tried one yet but do like the performance of the X640. What are the major differences between the 2? Would i assume correctly that by running the x442 i would be going up to a "42" and therefore run a bit faster? This whole propellar thing is somewhat confusing to me and I am only going to be running a 3s for now and am trying to achieve the best setup without spending an arm and a leg on props. Any advice would be appreciated!

jamespl
09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Just had my first run on 2x 2s and an x640 prop, man this boat is fast, I couldn't give it full throttle as it was a bit jumpy. I need to play around with it and get it set up right. I did manage to flip it though! That was me getting a bit cocky with it. It really needs some turn fins though. I couldn't belive how easy it span out even at low throttle. Hopefuly I havnt got anything too wet as it was upside down for a few mins!

forescott
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Just had my first run on 2x 2s and an x640 prop, man this boat is fast, I couldn't give it full throttle as it was a bit jumpy. I need to play around with it and get it set up right. I did manage to flip it though! That was me getting a bit cocky with it. It really needs some turn fins though. I couldn't belive how easy it span out even at low throttle. Hopefuly I havnt got anything too wet as it was upside down for a few mins!

Mine is the same....spins out real easy. Waiting for the small turn fins to come back in stock @ OSE.

jamespl
09-25-2010, 11:30 AM
No wonder I thought the boat was really fast I accidentally ran it on 5s! I thought I had picked up 2x2s not 1 2s and 1 3s!