PDA

View Full Version : Spectrums new DX3MarineDTS Radio ?

rearwheelin
09-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Earlier today I called Horizon Hobby with a compatibility question concerning my DX3R radio and the new M3000 reciever I just recieved in the mail. Looks like I will be returning it :(.. While I was on the horn with tech support I decided to pitch my idea of a desierable marine radio. Explained the need for differential thrust on twin prop boats and the benifits this radio could give thoughs of us who own these types of boats. Twins ( in some cases quads) have a wider thrust foot print on the transom or back of boat therfore tend to want to straiten out or push turns while excellerating hard through turns and in some cases the boat slips and rolls.
I have also found that when running the same direction for about 3 min on a small to medium size pond / lake that electric motors on the side of your turn have consumed 500-800mah more battery capacity then the outside motor and run around 20 degrees F warmer!
If we were able to decrease thrust on turn side prop, this will able the sponson on the turn side settle in the water a little more and by focusing thrust to one side or the other while going through turns will mean much faster cornering and exiting speeds ! I trully believe a pistol radio like this will be gobbled by the majority of us who run twin proped boats and would be a very successfull marine radio.
After a quik chat with the support tech I was complimented on the idea and was told he would be forwarding it to Spectrums Development Dept.. I am starting this thread so fellow FE boat modelers can desplay a desiar for a radio like this and Spectrum Radio has a spot to see it....More coments and pics of your twin props the better. Thank you, R. Duke:thumbup:....p.s. I want this radio !!!!!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
I would love to see a Dx3R that is marine compatible. Being able to control twins would be a wonderful option on the control.

ron1950
09-16-2010, 08:16 AM
i agree...although i dont have a twin i do have a dx3r and would love to run it with my mr3000 recivers

AndyKunz
09-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, I'll tell you what. If you want to get a message to the Spektrum development team, your quickest route is OSE. A large percentage of the team (me, large in multiple meanings :wink:) visits OSE regularly (every time I compile for the radio I'm working on).

Send me a PM.

Andy

rearwheelin
09-17-2010, 02:45 AM
PM sent. :beerchug:

nomobux
09-17-2010, 06:10 AM
I've called Horizon and know my lefty DX3R can't be upgraded to marine. How about at least making the S model convertable to a lefty. Doesn't make sense at all !! :doh: Give us lefties a break

GP73
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey Andy, how about a Marine receiver with telemetry for the DX3S? :biggrin:

AndyKunz
10-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Can't say what we might/might not have in the works, but Spektrum doesn't sit still. If you really want telemetry, get a DX8.

Andy