PDA

View Full Version : Paint in stuffing tube

mr.mauian
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
We'll got my BJ hull and started mounting all the upgrade hardware to run a 8xl and lo and behold paint all the way up and out into the friggin hull from the stuffing tube.:doh: What the heck !! Now I stand between my dremel and a heat seeking missle..........................hmmmm think I'll launch the missle to them painters............:glare:

Rex R
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
odds are that the paint has not made a good bond to the tube. you could try a running a wad of cotton floss(w/ a smidge of brasso) through the tube.

mr.mauian
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanx Rex,
I used some 1001 all purpose cleaner/degreaser which also removes graffiti from anything. It worked very nicely.......:w00t: . I was ready to have a brain short...lol, or go to anger management classes...lol.

Rex R
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
nice to read that things worked out well. I'm starting to get to the hair pulling stage meself(reading the whys and wherefores of fiberglass) trying to figure out how to glue stuff to it...finding stuff like polyester resin doesn't bond well to metal(or wood) etc. etc. oh well. continued success with your project.
rex